PC Game Pass, now includes EA Play! [PCGP, XGP:PC]

So just for lols, I tried clicking and holding, and lo and behold, you can manually sort your installed list by dragging each title one-by-one up/down the list. It's..... bizarre.
not that bizarre, perhaps. That's something Steam could have for instance. This is a beta afterall, but say you want to have your favourites at the top, like Steam and dragging your favourite titles to the top could be a good thing. The difference being that Steam orders your favourites and so on alphabetically, but with this method you can place your very top favourites first. Wish I had that on Steam -never tried tbh but I let Steam order the games, which it does alphabetically.

not that bizarre, perhaps. That's something Steam could have for instance. This is a beta afterall, but say you want to have your favourites at the top, like Steam and dragging your favourite titles to the top could be a good thing. The difference being that Steam orders your favourites and so on alphabetically, but with this method you can place your very top favourites first. Wish I had that on Steam -never tried tbh but I let Steam order the games, which it does alphabetically.

Just right click a game in your library and add it to favorites in Steam. Voila, it's now in the Favorites category.

Or, create a custom category and you can stick games into that. Steam is very flexible with how you can manage your library.

Imagine if you had 124 games (not all are games, some are applications, some are videos) installed like I do in Steam. Now imagine trying to drag and drop those in the list in Game Pass. That's just a nightmare I don't want to think about. Hell even just trying to manage 25 installed games in Game Pass would be a nightmare.

I don't even want to think of how to manage a library 367 games like I have in Steam in Game Pass. How would I even find them without memorizing their names? After all, currently in Game Pass the "Games I Own" section doesn't alphabetize the games I own. Why? Why don't I have a choice in how I want them ordered? Nevermind being able to categorize them.

For "Games I Own" - Here's the order the games are in.
  1. State of Decay 2 - installed
  2. Halo Wars - installed
  3. Halo Wars 2 - installed
  4. Gears of War 4 - NOT installed
  5. Halo: Spartan assault - installed
It's not even listed in the order of most recently played. It's not listed based on what's installed or not installed. I honestly have no idea what criteria Game Pass is using to order them. I can't even drag them around from what I can see like you can do with Installed Games list.

Imagine if Steam was doing something like that with my library and I had no way of changing how it ordered them?

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Just right click a game in your library and add it to favorites in Steam. Voila, it's now in the Favorites category.

Or, create a custom category and you can stick games into that. Steam is very flexible with how you can manage your library.

Imagine if you had 124 games (not all are games, some are applications, some are videos) installed like I do in Steam. Now imagine trying to drag and drop those in the list in Game Pass. That's just a nightmare I don't want to think about. Hell even just trying to manage 25 installed games in Game Pass would be a nightmare.

I don't even want to think of how to manage a library 367 games like I have in Steam in Game Pass. How would I even find them without memorizing their names? After all, currently in Game Pass the "Games I Own" section doesn't alphabetize the games I own. Why? Why don't I have a choice in how I want them ordered? Nevermind being able to categorize them.

For "Games I Own" - Here's the order the games are in.
  1. State of Decay 2 - installed
  2. Halo Wars - installed
  3. Halo Wars 2 - installed
  4. Gears of War 4 - NOT installed
  5. Halo: Spartan assault - installed
It's not even listed in the order of most recently played. It's not listed based on what's installed or not installed. I honestly have no idea what criteria Game Pass is using to order them. I can't even drag them around from what I can see like you can do with Installed Games list.

Imagine if Steam was doing something like that with my library and I had no way of changing how it ordered them?

Regards,
SB
in your case I guess they are using the order at which you installed the games. That being said, it would be nice to have a feature like that in Steam.

I mean, I have 30-40 favourite games on Steam out of 143 games I own, and Steam sorts them alphabetically, so with a method similar to that of the Gamepass app my very TOP favourite games could be dragged at the top of the list, instead of having them sorted alphabetically

Last edited:
an article commenting on the fact that the Gamepass is the future of videogames.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/27/game...ned-2-hopes-and-pc-engine-mini-hype-10077921/

Welcome future I’m going to praise Microsoft and Game Pass again. Having not been sold on Metro Exodus when it was initially released I’m really loving it now it’s ‘free’ on Game Pass. In my opinion this is the future. Recent games I or my kids have enjoyed, but would never have actually bought, include Supermarket Shriek, Resident Evil Revelations, Absolver, Below, Batman: Arkham Knight, etc., etc. To me it represents good value and I’m happy to pay it.

Another clip of ID@Xbox games that will be joining PC GamePass as well.

• Bad North
  • For The King
  • GoNNER
  • Machinarium
  • My Time at Portia
  • The Banner Saga 3
  • Timespinner
  • Unavowed
  • Undertale
  • Worms W.M.D.
  • Yoku's Island Express

Another clip of ID@Xbox games that will be joining PC GamePass as well.

• Bad North
  • For The King
  • GoNNER
  • Machinarium
  • My Time at Portia
  • The Banner Saga 3
  • Timespinner
  • Unavowed
  • Undertale
  • Worms W.M.D.
  • Yoku's Island Express
a text description of those titles.

Xbox Game Pass for Xbox One & PC
  • My Time at Portia: Gather, mine, and craft as you explore, adventure, and rebuild your Pa’s workshop. With many different activities to choose from, there is something for everyone.
  • Bad North: In this real-time tactics roguelite, tailor your strategy to the unique layout of each island as you defend your island kingdom against Viking invaders.
  • Gonner: Venture into this challenging 2D platformer as you traverse dangerous environments and battle formidable foes on your journey to cheer up your only friend.
  • The Banner Saga 3: In the final chapter of the award-winning Banner Saga series, the darkness closes in. New playable characters and deeper combat await you in this story-driven, strategic RPG where choices matter and carry over from The Banner Saga 1 and 2.
  • Yoku’s Island Express: Play as Yoku, a small postman, on a quest to rebuild the post-office and awake an ancient island deity in this tropical open-world pinball adventure.
  • Worms W.M.D: Dive into the best Worms experience yet with more destruction, new weapons, and crafting. And with single player plus online and local co-op modes, enjoy solo or with friends!
Xbox Game Pass for PC only
  • Undertale: You’ve fallen into the Underground, a world brimming with monsters. In this humorous RPG, fight or negotiate your way out – the choice is yours.
  • Timespinner: As timekeeper Lunais, take on the Lachiem empire to avenge your family. Utilize time, magic orbs, and Familiars to defeat enemies in this story-driven action-platformer.
  • Unavowed: Seek salvation from a dark past as you join an ancient society dedicated to fighting evil in this point-and-click adventure with branching stories.
  • Machinarium: Aid Josef, a robot who must save his girlfriend from the Black Cap Brotherhood gang. Embark on an adventure filled with puzzles, quests, brain teasers, and mini-games.
  • For the King: A kingdom is peaceful no more and the queen calls for the citizens’ aid. Heed her call in this challenging and strategic RPG with tabletop and roguelike elements.

https://stevivor.com/news/11-idxbox-titles-heading-xbox-game-pass/

Top 10 titles -no personal list- of the Game Pass

1. Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

ori-and-the-blind-forest-definitive-edition-best-xbox-game-pass-pc-games.jpg

Xbox Game Studios Fun fact – Ori has a good soundtrack too.

This is one of Phil Spencer’s favorite games, something he has let us know more than once during Microsoft’s E3 conferences.
The indie hit, which is getting a sequel, is available on Xbox Game Pass PC and there’s really no reason to pass it up now.
Despite coming out in 2015, it still plays very well and was partly inspired by Metroid, what’s not to like?

2. Prey

prey.jpg

Prey has had some DLC since launch worth checking out.

When Prey came out it felt like it went a little under the radar and while it’s not as popular as some of Bethesda’s other franchises but it’s still a good game.
Being available on Game Pass opens the doors for players to try it out and see what it’s all about.
Don’t fret if you haven’t played a Prey title in the past as this one is a completely self-contained story.

3. Slay the Spire

slay-the-spire-best-xbox-game-pass-pc-games.jpg

Mega Crit Games Slay the Spire is frustrating, but fun.

If you’re looking for a roguelike card game, then look no further than Slay the Spire.
The game revolves around building a deck and making it as far as you can with hopes of toppling the spire.
With three different characters each with different decks, there’s a lot of replayability with this one.

4. Metro Exodus

metro-exodus-1.jpg

‌Metro Exodus could possibly be the sleeper hit of 2019.

Metro Exodus is the third title in this series so while you can start with this installment, you might have some questions.
The first two games are available on Game Pass too, except only for console. However, if you haven’t checked this game out, whether that’s due to the controversial Epic Games Store exclusivity or whatever, now is your chance to try it out.
If you’re into story-driven single-player first-person shooters, you’ll find a lot to like here.

5. Super Lucky’s Tale

superluckyhero-1.jpg

If you like platformers then check out Super Lucky’s Tale.

This colorful and short platformer isn’t ground-breaking by any means, but it is a joyful experience.
This platformer puts you in control of Lucky as you work your way through simple levels with some puzzle elements and is perfect for anyone looking for a game like that on Xbox or PC.
You’ll beat it in a matter of hours but it is an easy 1,000 gamerscore for all your achievement hunters out there.

6. Hollow Knight

hollow-knight-best-xbox-game-pass-pc-games.jpg

Team Cherry Frustrating, but worth it.

There’s really nothing left to say about this game that hasn’t already been said. If you’re a fan of Metroidvanias then you’ve probably picked this game up. If you haven’t, what are you waiting for?
This is a punishing and difficult game so once you get past that part you’ve been trying for hours, it’s really gonna feel good.
There’s a reason this is often considered one of the best indie titles of this generation – it’s really good.

7. Wargroove

overworld-map.jpg

Chucklefish Wargroove is one the best strategy games in recent memory.

This feels more like a spiritual successor to the Advance Wars series than anything before it. If you like strategy games like that or Fire Emblem then you should check this one out.
The title is completely cross-play with other platforms which make things even cooler and after the lengthy tutorial segments, you can really see how Wargroove stretches its legs.

8. Sea of Thieves

sea-of-thieves-patch-notes-1.4.5.jpg

Microsoft Sea of Thieves is one of the many games featured on the Xbox Game Pass.

Rare has successfully brought Sea of Thieves back from the bottom of the ocean at launch and turned it into something to really be proud of.
For the first anniversary, Rare introduced the Arena mode which gave the PvP action fans craved and added a lot more content to the barebones game it was at launch.
If you’ve checked it out in the past and didn’t like it, you should give it another look.

9. Superhot

superhot-best-xbox-game-pass-pc-games-1.jpg

SUPERHOT TeamSuper. Hot. Super. Hot.

Yeah, the VR version of this game is much better, but that doesn’t mean you should ignore this one.
Superhot is pretty much what happens if The Matrix was made into a real video game. The enemies only move when you do so you’ll have the ability to set up your own bullet time segments and it’s a lot of fun.

10. Wizard of Legend

wizard-of-legend-best-xbox-game-pass-pc-games.jpg

Humble Bundle Roguelikes are always hours of fun.

Rounding out this list is a lesser-known roguelike but it’s still a good one. It’s not a groundbreaking roguelike but it is a good example of a successful Kickstarter game.
The gameplay and boss fights are what helps this game set itself apart from other roguelikes. Considering the lack of roguelikes in general on Game Pass, aside from Slay the Spire which is card-based, this one is worth your time.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/best-xbox-game-pass-pc-games/

Last edited:
Trying to install Sea of Thieves and it's just stuck at Queued 0%. There's no way MS with Azure has to queue downloads?? Nothing on google searches other than the usual store reset or a restart PC.

That's just an odd label for saying it's in your local download queue. It's not queued at the server. You're not waiting to get a slot.

Sometimes it doesn't start downloading on the client side, even on the xbox console. Usually a pause then download now toggle will get it to start. Rarely does it require restarting the console, but sometimes its required after very long suspend cycles between restarts.

That's just an odd label for saying it's in your local download queue. It's not queued at the server. You're not waiting to get a slot.

Sometimes it doesn't start downloading on the client side, even on the xbox console. Usually a pause then download now toggle will get it to start. Rarely does it require restarting the console, but sometimes its required after very long suspend cycles between restarts.
Well after several restarts and such, the only way I could get it to download was to check for windows updates, which apparently had a .NET update and after another restart it's finally downloading. Not a good experience IMO. Yes yes, it's beta.

Well after several restarts and such, the only way I could get it to download was to check for windows updates, which apparently had a .NET update and after another restart it's finally downloading. Not a good experience IMO. Yes yes, it's beta.
Oh that's pretty smart of them tie core functionality into windows updates because that is super reliable and never messes up.

If you buy any of the AMD CPUs or GPUs listed below, you get 3 months of Game Pass for PC.

Gamepass-PCAMD.png

Keep in mind that whilst 3 months of GamePass for PC is of value, at the moment it's $11 of value.

D-jYa9JU4AAqzaG.jpg

Not bad, games for July 4th:
-Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Xbox One and PC).
-My Time at Portia (Xbox One and PC).
-Undertale (PC).

Then July 11th:
–Blazing Chrome (Xbox One and PC).
-Dead Rising 4 (Xbox One and PC).
-LEGO City Undercover (Xbox One).
-Timespinner (PC).
-Unavowed (PC).

huh, well i guess I can try shadow or war after 30 minutes of playing shadow of mordor

Developers talk about what they think of Game pass.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-07-05-xbox-game-pass-developers

"Consumers want as many games as possible, as free as possible, and you can't get anything for free, so you need to find the right price, but that's the angle," began Dino Patti, co-founder of Playdead and latterly, Somerville developer Jumpship. "Developers need to look at what does this get me, and for me, and I might be biased, but I think the way business is for Game Pass, it's the first time it's actually what I would consider fair for developers.

"[All the other times] I've been suggested subscription it's never worked out, because they don't know what developers need, and in the end, it is developers putting out a game for free!" Patti went on, adding, "with Game Pass they're doing it correctly for the developers."

First off, how do dev's get paid is it equal shares?
If my multi million aaa game was on there i'd be quite annoyed to discover I'm getting paid the same as a dev
of some cheap indy game made by 1 man for 20k

First off, how do dev's get paid is it equal shares?

That must not be the situation otherwise you wouldnt have large third party publisher games like Metro Exodus, Shadow of War, Wolfenstein, Fallout 4, etc on there.

Some sort of download milestone system, which also references the MSRP? Not sure how they'd handle the direct purchases, although I suppose the discount could be on MS's usual cut of the game so the publisher isn't really losing anything on there. Gotta wonder about the accounting because lots of folks hopped on or extended their subscriptions with the discounted rates.

Back