Siegfried : turn based fantasy RPG

zed

Legend
By me, so dont expect much from a solitary developer
Heres the initial alpha version, so may be buggy
http://zedzeek.com/siegfried/
Progress is going well though.
I would be pleased to hear any feedback, suggestions for improvements, gameplay or otherwise

zed

tried it. It is surprisingly good for a first game! Really....

That being said, these are the things I found out that could be improved.

- The silhouette of your character where you place the items should also have a female model when you are using a female character. I really liked how it shows your current inventory without having to resort to a new screen.or a key to check your inventory. That's a great idea.

- The main screen, where you select the characters, doesn't make it easy to know which characters you have selected. I mean, I wanted the Ranger as my main character and I was confused 'cos there is only one portrait showing in the corner left of the screen. Then the text made me realise which characters I had selected.

- Graphics are okay, and so is the gameplay. I didn't like the camera though. I mean, there should be an option to zoom in and zoom out with the wheel, instead of using the wheel to pan the camera around.

- When in combat it is not easy to discern which character you have selected.

- Some sounds are hilarious. When my mage fell, it was....lol. Music is good for a one-man game -well, not only music, basically everything-.

- When I picked up the bow for my Ranger, after I treid to use it, well, the curved arrow was intuitive, but upon shooting she got stuck, the arrow didnt leave the bow. It was weird, and the only way to shoot wsa to remove the bow from her inventory and then she did finally shoot.

- Some texts leave the text box area.

- Exiting the game was nearly impossible, plus the option seems to be glitched, so does the Options menu. I exited the game with Alt+F4.

- The download can be a bit slow.

Cheers and eep up the good work

Cheers for the feedback Cyan.
1. Good idea about the female silhouette, I’ll stick that on the todo list.
2. I’ll try and emphasise the selected one more
3. Camera whell does zoom, but I disabled it for this demo since it caused a bug where camera could move too quick, i’ll Reenable it for the next demo
4. With whoever turn it is in Combat the character should have white halo, also it’s the leftmost portrait on the top of the screen, the portrait is also slightly larger than the others
5. Ta mate, though the music ain’t by me
6. That’s a bug, I’ll look into it
7. Ok, yeah I need to polish a lot
8. Yeah quit game does nothing, like the options. I’ll add that for the next demo

Cheers again mate, i’ll Have a new demo in a couple of weeks, smaller file and faster startup as well, I changed that this morning

Actually was gonna add the quit function to the game, but saw it was already there, tested the build and it worked, so no idea why it didn’t for you Cyan. Btw give me you name or handle and i’ll Include you in the credits

Actually was gonna add the quit function to the game, but saw it was already there, tested the build and it worked, so no idea why it didn’t for you Cyan. Btw give me you name or handle and i’ll Include you in the credits
thanks! Ruin of Palmira.

As for the quit function, my version started to do crazy things, lots of graphical glitches. The options menu appearing and disappearing at the speed of light, fragments of menus and textures... It was odd, but as I said Alt + F4 worked well.

Back