CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Another thought: what the hell happens if a couple of months from now, actor man is being accused of being a sex pest? Or maybe he used the N word in a tweet. Or maybe he didn't quite wanna murder Donald Trump or at the very least move to Canada because of him;) God knows it happened before.

All things virtual actors do not have to worry about so much. Worst thing that can happen is you have to replace a voice actor.

Because the upside of having a powerful recognized brand exceeds the risk. A couple millions people might know about cyberpunk, billions of people will recognize Keanu Reeves. Cyberpunk isn't going to make the news or newspaper without Keanu Reeves or some other big name. Getting people to actually think about the game is a lot of the battle.

Ps. Keanu should move back to Canada, rec hockey teams always need a goalie.

You don't? Not even with someone as one-note as Tom Cruise? I like the guy mind you. That said, I see him more as an expensive brand item (that runs really fast) you drop into your movies than as an actor.
Heck, the biggest reason why I have such a low opinion of German movies is that you see the same 5 faces in just about everything. Games don't need to have that problem.

Another thought: what the hell happens if a couple of months from now, actor man is being accused of being a sex pest? Or maybe he used the N word in a tweet. Or maybe he didn't quite wanna murder Donald Trump or at the very least move to Canada because of him;) God knows it happened before.

All things virtual actors do not have to worry about so much. Worst thing that can happen is you have to replace a voice actor.
I guess I'm just used to it. We had actors playing video game characters since the first Onimusha (I'm sure there are more examples before that too).

Same scenes with SSR would look nearly 100% identical... Apparently in the futur pudles of piss don't reflect colors either.

Edit: As a matter of fact there isn't the slightest hint of Ray Tracing in those "screenshots". The billboard reflections in the second actually don't physically make any sens in terms of angle (the tiny reflection in the piss/water is actually correct but not the colored ones).
So I was god damn right No RT reflection in those shitty screenshots:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/rtx-first-impression-nvidia-ray-tracing
Cyberpunk 2077 is so far fitted with ray traced ambient occlusion and diffused illumination.

As a matter of fact I'm betting that those are literally regular Cyberpunk 2077 screenshots as they look 110% identical to all other screenshots released (but Marketing just couldn't get assed about it and didn't bother sourcing/taking screenshots of the RTX build as usual which is understandable given that 99% of the general public is clueless) or Cyberpunk's RTX implementation is the biggest nothing burger ever..

They should have tried to pass this one as RTX OMYBALLS ON instead:
D89qq1mXsAA9yfo.jpg

Last edited:
OK, so, evidently how they prevented a leak of Keanu Reeves being in Cyberpunk was that everyone at CDPR had to refer to him under a codename. And thus only a small handful of people actually knew who that codenamed person was.

In this day and age, I'm still surprised that him being in the game didn't leak. It certainly lead to one of the, IMO, greatest and most surprising game reveals in the past decade+.

Regards,
SB

Keanu is in it because he's intimately associated with Cyberpunk and has a big fan following within that genre.

Think Johnny Mnemonic and The Matrix. There was something else that I can't remember as well.

Scanner Darkly and Replicas.

Keanu Reeves is probably the actor who put on the largest amount of VR goggles and did "cyber immersion" most often on camera, before it was cool.

In this case there's also the fact that he's a biker just like the character.

CD Projekt has confirmed the specs of the PC that was running the ingame demo of Cyperpunk 2077
  • CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
  • RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
  • GPU: Titan RTX
  • HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe (SSD)
  • Power Supply: Corsair SF600 600W
I guess the PS4 and Xbox One versions are going to be the new model of the word downgrading.

I guess the PS4 and Xbox One versions are going to be the new model of the word downgrading.

You have to wonder what compromises will be need to be made to run this game on 1.2/1.84Tf consoles. I feel for my PS4 Pro!!!

CD Projekt has confirmed the specs of the PC that was running the ingame demo of Cyperpunk 2077
  • CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
  • RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
  • GPU: Titan RTX
  • HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe (SSD)
  • Power Supply: Corsair SF600 600W

I wouldn't call it a downgrade if they never said that was representative of how it'll look on PS4/XBO. If it ends up looking like that or better on PC, then there was no downgrade.

Unlike something like The Division or Watch Dogs where even the PC version was a large downgrade from what was shown at E3.

Regards,
SB

Back