The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2019 edition

The new Xbox App (beta) on the PC is really nice. Try it out. Clean and fast.
It's garbage. :V

GamePass tab
  1. *scroll down*
  2. then "All games"
  3. no sorting.
  4. Click a game tile
  5. wait to load video before displaying anything.
  6. Go back
  7. Entire list is randomized
  8. scroll down more
  9. wait to load more tiles.

Start with sub-tabs of the categories on the main GP page so I don't have to scroll all the way down and wait to load things as it scrolls.

"Install game"
  • Doesn't tell me how much it's downloading or disk space reqs.
  • The app currently only asks where to install the first time, then just defaults there for subsequent installations.

Last edited:
It's garbage. :V

GamePass tab
  1. *scroll down*
  2. then "All games"
  3. no sorting.
  4. Click a game tile
  5. wait to load video before displaying anything.
  6. Go back
  7. Entire list is randomized
  8. scroll down more
  9. wait to load more tiles.

Start with sub-tabs of the categories on the main GP page so I don't have to scroll all the way down and wait to load things as it scrolls.

"Install game"
  • Doesn't tell me how much it's downloading or disk space reqs.
  • The app currently only asks where to install the first time, then just defaults there for subsequent installations.

I wanted metro exodus so I could play at 15fps with rtx.

Just put that in search, install and it gave me duration. To be fair I didn’t deep dive it but felt responsive when I was using it.

The library then shows up on the left side which is cool.

I wanted metro exodus so I could play at 15fps with rtx.

Just put that in search, install and it gave me duration. To be fair I didn’t deep dive it but felt responsive when I was using it.

The library then shows up on the left side which is cool.
It's a beta, so I forgive it for now. :p

In terms of being a service for the discovery of games on offer, it does a pretty bang up job of making me not want to use the interface.

Searching for something you already had in mind is nice, but that's if you only knew about the title amongst the 100+, most of which I would never have bothered exploring previously.

Is the crazy cheering and wooping and stuff paid people or is it an American culture thing? I also get a sense of excitement from new tech and gaming related things but I don't go on as if I was at a rugby game.

Do you not typically watch these? At Sony's conference at E3 before the PS4 launch, the crowd cheered the announcement that they were going to start charging for online play. :LOL: The people that get invited to these events are the most enthusiastic of enthusiasts.

It pretty bad that I had to force the May Win10 update just to use PC Gamepass.

It's only in "beta" now. When its rolled out I'm sure that OS update will be forced out anyways.

It seems like having celebrities in videogames is common now. The kid of the Sixth Sense in NBA 2k19. Keanu Reeves in Cyperpunk....

The picture below is from the career mode, which has a good story and is a lot of fun.

And there are more famous people like one of the voices of the Avengers, and more, in NBA 2k19 career mode.

Haley Joel Osment en NBA 2k19 --have seen him today while playing career mode.

haley-joel-osment-nba-2k19.jpg

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-for-story-mode-where-you-battle-in-g-league/

Back