CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

"Jesus Christ!" "My Legs!" That sealed it for me (day 1 purchase). Better not be no downgrade of "syncing the audio and animation" correctly. Give me dat' bug! :yep2:
it sounded to me more like "Jesus Christ" "Can't find my legs"

I think Spiderman looks better than that. If it's a next-gen game, it is either clearly held back by current gen consoles or the next gen consoles aren't so powerful.

The part at 12min45 is impressive in term of complexity though, but some other parts of the video just look average (26min)...

I think the DF vid said it was running on a 1080Ti/i7.

For GPU that's only probably ~2X an Xbox One X.

It is funny there some to be a couple distinct, contradictory schools of thought on the internet about the graphics

1. "No chance at all that's on current gen, looks way above what current gen is capable of"

2. "looks average, nothing special there"

Alrighty then.

I think the DF vid said it was running on a 1080Ti/i7.

For GPU that's only probably ~2X an Xbox One X.

It is funny there some to be a couple distinct, contradictory schools of thought on the internet about the graphics

1. "No chance at all that's on current gen, looks way above what current gen is capable of"

2. "looks average, nothing special there"

Alrighty then.

Some things look next gen while others look like something form this gen which I guess is to be expected. I am sure this has been developed for awhile now. I am sure on the hardware out around release this game will look amazing

well don' forget you are in the console section here, sure there is a cyberpunk 2077 thread in the PC gaming section :)

The bracket denotations of platforms are usually universal across threads / sections dealing with multiplatform games. But yes, I will trek my ass back to the PC gaming section on such matters. :yep2::nope::mrgreen:

Cyberpunk 2077 is currently the global best selling game on Steam. And they are competing for sales with GOG, which advertises that if you buy it on GOG, all proceeds go to the developers (since GOG is owned by the same company that owns CDPR). :)
I wonder if the console versions are selling this well as well? Anyone have info on how well pre-orders for the console versions are at other stores?

Amazon has collectors edition for PS4 at #6 and XBO version at #14.

Right now, Cyberpunk 2077 is shaping up to potentially be the best selling game of 2020.

Regards,
SB

I wonder if the console versions are selling this well as well? Anyone have info on how well pre-orders for the console versions are at other stores?

Amazon has collectors edition for PS4 at #6 and XBO version at #14.

Cyberpunk 2077 is currently the global best selling game on Steam. And they are competing for sales with GOG, which advertises that if you buy it on GOG, all proceeds go to the developers (since GOG is owned by the same company that owns CDPR). :)

Right now, Cyberpunk 2077 is shaping up to potentially be the best selling game of 2020.

Regards,
SB

Fifa 2020: "Hold my beer" :D

Fifa 2020: "Hold my beer" :D

Over the long haul I think Cyberpunk will do fine, like Elder Scrolls, Fallout and GTA, but in 2020 - yeah, it'll get decimated in sales by FIFA, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed. The Witcher was at least a brand folks recognised, Cyberpunk? :nope:

I am hugely looking forward to it but I really hope this the story/mission structure is less convoluted than the Witcher III. So you want Z? Well, first I'll need G. Before you can get G you will need to get C, D and E. To get C you need to get W and T. To get T and W you need to get H and J, but J first otherwise it gets messy. If you did it the other way you now need to get K before you can get D. BOG OFF, I've literally forgotten why I'm doing anything in a 100-hour game :runaway:

I think it will do better than the Witcher, they going all out with the cutscenes it will be by far there most expensive game they have made and John Wicks in it ;)

I think it will do better than the Witcher, they going all out with the cutscenes it will be by far there most expensive game they have made and John Wicks in it ;)
I'm not sure the inclusion of Keanu Reeves precludes a convoluted story. Nor does a bunch of cutscenes. Have you played a MGS4:runaway:

Over the long haul I think Cyberpunk will do fine, like Elder Scrolls, Fallout and GTA, but in 2020 - yeah, it'll get decimated in sales by FIFA, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed. The Witcher was at least a brand folks recognised, Cyberpunk? :nope:

I am hugely looking forward to it but I really hope this the story/mission structure is less convoluted than the Witcher III. So you want Z? Well, first I'll need G. Before you can get G you will need to get C, D and E. To get C you need to get W and T. To get T and W you need to get H and J, but J first otherwise it gets messy. If you did it the other way you now need to get K before you can get D. BOG OFF, I've literally forgotten why I'm doing anything in a 100-hour game :runaway:

I'd bet more people know about Cyberpunk than know about The Witcher. While not as popular as D&D, Cyberpunk has a pretty large and rabid following. I fully expect Cyberpunk 2077 to make The Witcher sales look like small fry. Granted the Witcher is based on a book series in Poland but it's not as well world wide as Cyberpunk.

Outside of the PnP RPG, the cyberpunk genre is itself big. I have people I know that don't game that are into stuff like Neuromancer that are asking me if they should buy a console or get a gaming PC in order to play the game.

Regards,
SB

I'm not sure the inclusion of Keanu Reeves precludes a convoluted story. Nor does a bunch of cutscenes. Have you played a MGS4:runaway:

Keanu Reeves will make the more mainstream gamers aware of it and all the fancy cutscenes sells it to them too. It's going to have a lot more mind share amongst the filthy masses than Witcher 3 had. I think :yes: maybe:yep2: I don't know :runaway:

Back