Community Poll: What color will Sony PS5 be?

What color will the launch model PS5 be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everybody is pitching black, but at what price TDP do you expect sony to sell their console? How many CUs (Colour Units) do you think an AMD apu can muster on the consoles plastic shell? We've got to consider market realities here. Most paint suppliers are clearly price gauging, maybe it will make black imprectical, or on the other hand it might be leaving some room for possible good deals for a multi-million units contract.
I predict a solid gray with a hint of blue (C:12% M:0% Y:4% B:60%) with 2 to 4 ink droplets disabled for yields. These machines gotta fit inside a $499 budget after all, or at most with a $50 to $100 loss, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Current Sony are very boring when it comes to colour choices, it will be black.

RIP PS1/PS2 era Sony colour choices.

Current Sony are very boring when it comes to colour choices, it will be black.
It's not boring, but sensible. There are very good reasons for picking black. How many red or yellow BRD players or TVs are there? Not a lot, bunch of boring farts.

You can always buy special editions or get a spray job if you are in the tiny minority that wants an in-your-face console sitting next to/under your TV.

Looking at the poll and seeing people mention the PS1. It'd be novel if they released a PS1 grey colored PS5. I don't think it'd sell as many as a black PS5 (fits in better with most peoples home entertainment systems making it easier to convince the wifey to get one), but would possibly get some nostalgia feels.

Regards,
SB

It has zero durability though. I enquired about its application to car dashboards to eliminate reflections which can be very obscuring in bright sunlight, and they replied that although it'd work, it wouldn't last. Actual practical applications are presently minimal given you can't apply a durability top-coat without defeating the functionality of the stuff.

Ah, maybe Black 3.0 then. Doesn't absorb as much light as Vantablack (98-99% vs 99.6%) but apparently more durable.

This is unlike Vantablack, which is not available for retail purchase and can't be touched, as the nanotubes that make the material absorb light break under the weight of human touch.

Can use that one in a self-paint job. Being so black, you can't really screw it up and make your console look cheap, either!

I reckon we can look forwards to the full range of three colour options for the hardware without the console being shown. Just three large squares of colour - Ninja Black, titanium White, and Midnight Blue. Possibly a three hour talk by Cerny on the cooling explaining the process of selecting the ideal fan.

Be sure to get in your thoughts before the alleged reveal on June 3rd!*

* Subject to change at any moment.

Missing an obvious option now that we have the new controller...

Mix of White and Black with blue led accent, like the controller and psvr.

Back