AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the Manhattan score are weird...

D7AYM3JXYAAt5Xy.png
Navi sample is onscreen-only, thus irrelevant.
But AOTS numbers should be okay-ish for any real comparison.

It is a sample. The guy was just teasing this spec looks like a sample in January

Same guy claimed there was a working Navi since July 2018 and Navi 10 will have 6144 shader processors.

That would be either 96CUs with 64sp each, or 64 CUs with 96sp each.
Wider CUs on Navi have been rumored for a long time, but forgotten/discarded as of late.

If true, this would change the expected TFLOPs on next-gen consoles. 14 TFLOPs would be achieved with 48 CUs at 1.55GHz, for example.
nVidia has been iterating a lot on SM width since Kepler, whereas AMD has mostly been working on geometry performance, color compression and clock speeds. Other than enabling RPM and INT8 at higher rates, AFAIK they haven't touched the CUs in a significant way for a long time.

5120 SP + RT core ? Either Navi has 80CU/64SP or 40CU/128SP

is there any english translation ?

Last edited:
Also AMD claimed Radeon VII to be faster than 2080, or at least tie with it, it did neither of these things.
I can't remember such statement. In fact statements comparing R VII to RTX 2080 were really rare. The only one I remember was like "competitive under DX, faster under some Vulkan games". I can't find any official presentation claiming higher overall performance compared to RTX 2080. What is the source of your claim?

5120 SP + RT core ? Either Navi has 80CU/64SP or 40CU/128SP

is there any english translation ?
Well Google Translate (after using onlineocr.net to convert image to text) isn't doing too well:
Chinese Traditional:
Opel cited Hu Wenzhong's 51205p.rt core's Noel Huhai heart.
L, you have to know that Navi is not present by the big d decoration, and there is no such thing as a smile.
0 then AMDMM1SPV pieces put light / 0 plus 0900059?
L: Wen Xu, you can look forward to next year's new baby structure.
What can you tell me now? Is the current GCNP

Chinese Simplified:
What kind of Navi will you appear in the 5120 printed ten rtcere?
L, you have to know that AN000 is not separated by the big Si Lin heart. There is no cabinet product at present.
0 then AMD0000SV04 pieces of light / 0000000 block
L: You can look forward to the next year’s new plum.
a About 500 What do you tell me now? Is a complete replacement for the current ACNO

Well Google Translate (after using onlineocr.net to convert image to text) isn't doing too well:
Chinese Traditional:
Opel cited Hu Wenzhong's 51205p.rt core's Noel Huhai heart.
L, you have to know that Navi is not present by the big d decoration, and there is no such thing as a smile.
0 then AMDMM1SPV pieces put light / 0 plus 0900059?
L: Wen Xu, you can look forward to next year's new baby structure.
What can you tell me now? Is the current GCNP

Chinese Simplified:
What kind of Navi will you appear in the 5120 printed ten rtcere?
L, you have to know that AN000 is not separated by the big Si Lin heart. There is no cabinet product at present.
0 then AMD0000SV04 pieces of light / 0000000 block
L: You can look forward to the next year’s new plum.
a About 500 What do you tell me now? Is a complete replacement for the current ACNO

Someone at reddit managed to use google translator while the page was available in text form, and the translation is actually "there's no big Navi with 5120sp".

Translation doesn't say which card (Pro or XT) is faster than the 2070. Even if it's the XT, being faster at same price should be a good thing.

Now just to correct some lies inaccuracies being spread within some past posts.
Radeon VII was always presented as a content creation (runs Pro drivers and has large RAM pool) + AI (high FP16 throughput) + scientific compute (high DP throughput) + gaming card. As a gaming card it was presented as "competitive". AMD never claimed it was going to be generally faster than the 2080. "Slightly faster in some games, slightly slower in others, competitive in general" were the terms used over and over by AMD to describe how the card compares to the 2080 in games, though the card isn't purely for gaming.

I can't remember such statement. In fact statements comparing R VII to RTX 2080 were really rare. The only one I remember was like "competitive under DX, faster under some Vulkan games". I can't find any official presentation claiming higher overall performance compared to RTX 2080. What is the source of your claim?
Imaginative dishonesty.

Last edited:
It's pretty funny that the AMD Radeon Navi XT RX 3080 is priced at $499 when the rumor mill had it priced at $300 and the Radeon Navi Pro RX 3070 priced at $399 when the same rumor mill had it priced at $200. Prices are 66% and 100% higher than previously rumored.
>wccftech
Also that naming isn't a thing already, see 600-series rebages.
7nm is very expensive.
What's the price for N7 wafer right now?

It's pretty funny that the AMD Radeon Navi XT RX 3080 is priced at $499 when the rumor mill had it priced at $300 and the Radeon Navi Pro RX 3070 priced at $399 when the same rumor mill had it priced at $200. Prices are 66% and 100% higher than previously rumored.

Maybe those prices were projected before knowing that nvidia would have a hard time selling RTX as a premium on Turing cards, so AMD thought of being more aggressive on price to compensate for the lack of features.
If the consumer doesn't value RTRT, there's little reason to sell for a significantly lower price for the same or better rasterization performance, other than rushing to increase marketshare.

That or the rumor was a fake one, of course.

I can't find any official presentation claiming higher overall performance compared to RTX 2080. What is the source of your claim?
I clearly said, AMD stated faster or tie with 2080, emphasis on the tie with part (win some/lose some). They didn't tie with the 2080 on a broad selection of games. They were EVIDENTLY slower.

Great: How so?

Does it have RT cores in hardware?

EDIT: It does not.

https://www.techpowerup.com/255768/sapphire-reps-leak-juicy-details-on-amd-radeon-navi

So without ray-tracing hardware what exactly makes it a "Great" product?
None of the translations done so far on the source actually say that, though, the reddit post that had the apparently working translation said "maybe wait for next arcthitecture, though it's not finalized yet".
Regardless of that, I don't see how having or not having DXR-acceleration defines if product is great or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back