Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [pre E3 2019] *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure I trust the source that this YouTube guy is using. The words being used like the engineers just want to get Navi out there so they can move on sounds hyperbolic to me and that it's performing worse than Vega.
Didn't sound hypobolic to me. It's easy to imagine people wanting to get something out the door so they can move on if they've had enough of it, when nothing seems to be going right. Happens all the time.

People always think things can't get worse then it does, oh this time it definitely can't get worse then it does. So if you think navi can't be worse than Vega (depending on how you measure) don't be so sure!

Does it mean next gen consoles will be a dud, personally I don't think so. Let's just hope features aren't broken, etc

While there could obviously be some problems with Navi causing them to miss targets, power draw/frequency problems that are worse than Vega20/RadeonVII would be quite strange. It would seem reasonable to assume this would improve a bit with Navi (or at the very least stay unchanged), not the other way around. What could possibly cause that?

Maybe Sony tried to co-design Navi after all. :devilish: /runs

It could also point to some other significant changes to the architecture that obviously not going as planned.

Those rumors said because of software reasons, not hardware.

It could be due to both, but we the initial leaks we got were from the dev side and now we're getting leaks from the AMD side.

This is the baseless thread so I can theorize as I fit, sir.

It could be due to both, but we the initial baseless rumor we got were from the dev side and now we're getting baseless rumors from the AMD side.

This is the baseless thread so I can theorize as I fit, sir.
*fixed it for you :LOL:

Everything is made up. Trust no one.

For what it's worth... 4chan anonymous posts mean it's a a very untrusty source:

b8juxle.jpg

Regardless, 30% in a over 10 Tflops card may not be as meaningfull as 30 % on Current Gen with an average of 1.5 Tflops cards.

Regardless, 30% in a over 10 Tflops card may not be as meaningfull as 30 % on Current Gen with an average of 1.5 Tflops cards.
All things being equal I would tend to agree and have debated that point, example 4k compared to 1800p would be more than close enough to make it a wash in actual use.
But until we know more we don't know how much difference that may or may not make.
Depending on how RTRT is implemented it could close or widen the gap. Say one is using a lot more compute compared to the other for example.
Just something to keep in mind.

Using language like Xbox heads comes across as some fan boy. I wouldn't believe that rumour at all.
I assume he just means Xbox exec's.
Not that I think that makes it any more credible.
May as well be a fanboy as no details and not a confirmed source.

Did we get all sorts of different numbers for PS4 leaks back then or was it just a 1.84 TF all the way through? Feels weird we're getting so many for PS5 this time, so far I've read 8 TF, 11.4 TF, 12.9 TF, 12.5-14.2 TF and 14 TF :LOL:. Funnily enough everyone all seem to agree on the CPU as Zen 2, 8 core 3.2GHZ, what is it with that? I don't even wanna remotely touch on the ram, gddr6, hbm shenanigan. But I believe that,
1452629787-x-files-the-truth-is-out-there-shirt-thumb-max.png.jpg

Funnily enough everyone all seem to agree on the CPU as Zen 2, 8 core 3.2GHZ, what is it with that?
There really aren't any other realistic options for the CPU though. Clockspeed could be varied a bit, perhaps. Otherwise, if you were going to make a spec up trying to be believable, you'd have to pick Zen 2, and likely 8 cores at that, as the only sane option AMD can provide. It's not going to be ARM or some Intel CPU plus AMD GPU or some bizarro new creation like a 64 core MIPS thing.

Reactions: Jay
Some time back, on resetera, klobrille insisted that he/she didn't say there wouldn't be hardware ray tracing in Anaconda. Today, I found out, after watching RedGamingTech, that Navi 20 will have hardware ray tracing. The top of the line card, 3090 XT, will have a 64CU Navi. This is the same spec as the hypothetical 64CU Navi in Anaconda.

Some time back, on resetera, klobrille insisted that he/she didn't say there wouldn't be hardware ray tracing in Anaconda. Today, I found out, after watching RedGamingTech, that Navi 20 will have hardware ray tracing. The top of the line card, 3090 XT, will have a 64CU Navi. This is the same spec as the hypothetical 64CU Navi in Anaconda.

And this RedGamingTech is an official voice of AMD? Or are we believing anything because it's on the internet?

Last edited:
There really aren't any other realistic options for the CPU though. Clockspeed could be varied a bit, perhaps. Otherwise, if you were going to make a spec up trying to be believable, you'd have to pick Zen 2, and likely 8 cores at that, as the only sane option AMD can provide. It's not going to be ARM or some Intel CPU plus AMD GPU or some bizarro new creation like a 64 core MIPS thing.
That's true enough, but gpu wise it just feels like a whole bunch of people are guessing around and hope one of them hits the jackpot. Maybe someone already did.

That's true enough, but gpu wise it just feels like a whole bunch of people are guessing around and hope one of them hits the jackpot. Maybe someone already did.
That's because anything but the CPU is anyone's guess.
Until we get a legit confirmed leak, all there is to do is guess, speculate and discuss what it could mean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back