The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

BTW - Just looked it up The OA on IMDB since I had some questions after the end of the last season and noticed something I hadn't before, Brit Marley is the co-writer and co-creator of the show!

Brit Marley = OA/Nina! :O

Not only did she blow me away with her performance, but hers was one of the sick minds responsible for that joyous madness! :D

She is one talented woman. I first saw her in Another Earth, a great movie she also wrote, and I’ve been obsessed ever since.

I remember thinking of watching that but thinking it looked a little dry/slow, definitely gonna watch it now. Thanks LB, muchly appreciated as well as whoever was raving about the OA this season for getting me to watch it.

Just started watching "Doom Patrol" last night after I learned Alan Tudyk was in it, I can't think of a single sci fi he's been in that I haven't liked. Doom Patrol is no exception, it's a LOT better than I expected and halfway through episode 6 I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Another refreshing take on the genre, and Brendon Frasier is surprisingling awesome in it! (Actually a lot of great actors all around, I just don't know all of them well)

Since you folks held it in high regard and described it as such a trip, I checked out the OA... first 2 episodes only so far but wow, what a beautiful strange journey it's starting on. Going to really enjoy this one!

I watched Love, Death, and Robots recently. Some amazing CGI, lots of solid, fun stories, and even a couple of great ones. Zima Blue was my favourite, on account of its simple but poignant message.

All in all, the whole series reminded me of Heavy Metal, which I also love. And which I would also recommend people watch when off their tits :yes:

Since you folks held it in high regard and described it as such a trip, I checked out the OA... first 2 episodes only so far but wow, what a beautiful strange journey it's starting on. Going to really enjoy this one!

It gets exponentially weirder with each episode, especially in the second season.

Season 4 should be on Amazon, but I dont know the release timeframe.

The OA only has the first 2 seasons out, but there are supposed to be 5 seasons written.

The Expanse season 4 is supposed to come out on Amazon sometime.

OA lost me at the last episode of season 1. It is similar to happy, it's too random for me to be able to enjoy.

Just finished second season of The OA. Every few episodes it rides some sense of normality, as normal as the storyline can get in this show. Then it throws in something that sends the mind spinning and once again I get lost in keeping the realities and the show in general in comprehension. The concepts it introduces are both familiar and mind-boggling at once. Amazing stuff.

Back