Do video games get less TV advertising than they used to? *spawn

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
nowadays, videogames commercials on TV, with the advent of youtube and so on, are not as common. It's a very rare occurrence to see console commercials on TV. But I just love retro games commercials

nowadays, videogames commercials on TV, with the advent of youtube and so on, are not as common. It's a very rare occurrence to see console commercials on TV. But I just love retro games commercials

I see a fair few. Especially commercials surrounding the footie. :yep2: Maybe the shows you watch are not the typical demographic gaming advertisers are aiming for.

Are you kidding me?

Video reinstated after spoilering it with a proper warning for those who browse the site from work and after verifying its not called out in the site rules though one wouldnt expect to encounter such things on a technical site in a technical thread.

What retro game commercial is that? What's the product/service?

What retro game commercial is that? What's the product/service?
this is the perfect example. This video made you think, "I want a darn SNES now!!!!!!!!!!!". Probably one of the best console commercials ever, if not the best.

I see a fair few. Especially commercials surrounding the footie. :yep2: Maybe the shows you watch are not the typical demographic gaming advertisers are aiming for.
where did you watch those commercials? On mainstream public TV channels in the UK?

In my country you rarely see console commercials, youtube and so on has changed things a little. In fact, some of the mainstream channels are full of big brother crap and stuff like celebrities lost in an island and so on, those demographics are generally old women who want to laugh and intrude in minor "celebrities" lifes for whatever reason.

It seems like Sony and Nintendo and MS are moving those commercials to other places. afaik, only Clan and Disney channel have console commercials, from Nintendo

Is that an answer to my question? :???: Was the naked lady advertising a SNES??
she was advertising a game, I mean, that enters in the videogaming commercials category. The game is Juiced, a racer with a lot of tuning options, typical of the era when tuning was very popular.

I showed the video to a female friend and she was like upset at first but then she liked it. Whatever, women nature

where did you watch those commercials? On mainstream public TV channels in the UK?
Yup, Sky and ITV.
In my country you rarely see console commercials, youtube and so on has changed things a little. In fact, some of the mainstream channels are full of big brother crap and stuff like celebrities lost in an island and so on, those demographics are generally old women who want to laugh and intrude in minor "celebrities" lifes for whatever reason.
PR and marketing is very regionalised. What works in one country/region may not work in another. It depends on the country and demographics of viewers of TV programming within that country/region.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back