What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure to install the community patch when you get to KOTOR2. Can be easily installed from Steam workshop.

Thanks, I'm playing on macOS and they macOS port of KOTOR2 is better out of the box than the Windows game because it arrived so late. I'm enjoying KOTOR but just, like Mass Effect, sometimes you just want to move the story on and there can be a bit too more running around.

It is making me want to return to Mass Effect Andromeda and finish that off.

Somehow it has a better inventory system. :V The story and character stuff was a lot better too IIRC.

Yeah, I was LTTP for Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 as well and remember the UI in ME1 and ME2 being egregiously bad. The slightly less unintuitive UI are still evident but it's not stopping me enjoying KOTOR and the loading speed is near instant.

Does the mac version support mods?

I don't have KOTOR2 yet. Did KOTOR2 on Windows support mods? If so, the Mac version will likely support the same mod standard. If the Windows version didn't, the Mac version likely doesn't either.

Sekiro

So far I'm rather underwhelmed by it to be honest. From kept all the things that made their previous games hard (hard, erratically hitting enemies, punishing deaths, low vitality) and thrown out all the things that made overcoming said difficulty so fun and rewarding (awesome loot, weapon variety, build variety, loads of approaches to tackle different situations, intriguing level designs with loads of hidden nooks and crannies)
What remains in the end is a fairly basic action game (compared to the likes of DMC, Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta) that feels unfair more often than not. Imagine a DS game in which the only way to proceed was to parry and riposte all damn day. And just like in DS, one or two botched parries send you back to the latest bonfire. Learning from your mistakes becomes damn near impossible when there's literally no room for error.

Update: starting to get the hang of it. Still, there's a couple too many instances of leftover crap from the Souls engine messing with your shit here. Like a rather unreliable lock-on feature and camera problems. That stuff was part of Dark Souls and Bloodborne as well, but Sekiro's heightened focus on reading enemies correctly at all times exacerbates those issues greatly.

Update: game finally started to open up. Now I have the choice pf plenty of different walls to bash my head against instead of just the one :)

Update: almost done with it. Final boss and a couple of optional ones are still waiting to be taken down, but other than that I mopped the floor with everything the game has to offer.
Game is a tough one to master and not exactly flawless (the camera is gonna kill you time and time again), but it's incredibly rewarding. Not From Software's best, but a damn good game in its own right. Due to its surgical, single-minded approach to combat gameplay I suspect it's gonna lack in replay value. You cannot really build different Shinobis here. On the other hand I finally got why the game is so damn challenging: it wants you to master its combat system in order to be successful. That wouldn't be entirely neccessary if the game was easier.

Right now I'd rank the From games as follows: Bloodborne = Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls = Sekiro > Dark Souls 2.

Last edited:
A lot has changed since then. :p I should get back into it. A lot has changed in the last couple years.

Back in to Elite: Dangerous. It's much improved after the major patch just before Christmas. I hit Elite in trade a few weeks ago, working on Elite in exploration right now. This game has a special place in my heart, as I played the original back in 1984 on my BBC Micro (Acornsoft were the bomb, best video games ever).

I placed a pre-order in January for a VKB Kosmosima to replace my TM16000M, which is OK but doesn't the world alight. Didn't know it was possible to spend that much money on a joystick but now I know better. Just need to find a throttle that's better than the TM jobbie.

Seriously considering a VR setup just for this game (apparently it is transformational), but feeling that the current generation of gear hasn't yet hit the spot.

Not my vid, but:

Last edited:
I think you should have gone for a Warthog
http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/hotas-warthog
or if you want to spend less there is Saitek
x-55 Rhino, x-52 pro, x-52
http://www.saitek.com

dont forget your rudder pedals
https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/flight/flight-simulator-rudder-pedals.html

and of course Ch products
http://www.chproducts.com

I did look at all of these.

The Warthog is good, but from what I've read is not in the same league as VKB or Virgil. The throttle is semi-interesting (looks like arse) but I've picked up a second-hand T16k throttle and modded it (re-greased with Nyogel 767a, and added a 3D-printed detent).

Saitek don't have a great rep for quality control and longevity, and isn't much of an improvement over what I have right now (also, the aesthetics are somewhat challenging IMO).

CH are good (I’ve owned a few over the years) but are dated now and lack twist.

As for rudder pedals ... not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here. ;)

Stowable Home Cockpit

9ad8ab5763a56f00d5e867c60840808ee6ecb439.jpeg

eadff143af38517e273426425eed8cc6416163cd.jpeg

I'm still playing Overwatch, micspamming backstreet boys and nsync. People either absolutely love it or instamute me.
Lemme guess:

As long as you love me
I want it that way
I need you tonight
Larger than Life
The One
Quit playing games with my heart

Tearing up my heart

You should check out Virpil
https://virpil-controls.eu

Virpil were also on my list, and came a close second. Their space-sim oriented grip (Constellation Delta) just wasn't quite as appealing as the Kosmosima. Apparently the Delta will be joined by a more up-range grip in the future, whatever that means. But both companies, VKB and Virpil, seem to bring out products at their own speed. For now the VKB is good for me. I might replace my throttle with a left-handed Kosmosima at some point, for now I've spent enough money on joysticks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back