Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Davros

Legend
Hope this happens

Paradox Interactive has officially announced Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 will be a direct sequel to the first Bloodlines game, will be released in Q1 2020 and the publisher has released its announcement trailer.

ired in an act of vampire insurrection, your existence ignites the war for Seattle’s blood trade. Enter uneasy alliances with the creatures who control the city and uncover the sprawling conspiracy which plunged Seattle into a bloody civil war between powerful vampire factions.

Players will immerse themselves in the World of Darkness and live out their vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to their choices. According to the game’s description, their unique disciplines are a weapon in their forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system.

The game will take place in Seattle and players will hunt their prey across Seattle locations faithfully reimagined in the World of Darkness. Players will meet the old blood founders present since the city’s birth and the new blood steering the tech money redefining the city.

Players will choose a side among competing factions, each with their own unique traits and stories, in the war for Seattle’s blood trade. It’s also worth noting that the game has been written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, and aims to bring the ambitions of the first game to life and see the return of a few fan favorite characters.

Hopefully this one doesn't kill the company that made it. Like the last one. I suppose it might have enough internet legend status now though to sell just based on that. Also I hope it doesn't need ~78 fan patches to work right and be completed. :)

Hopefully this one doesn't kill the company that made it. Like the last one. I suppose it might have enough internet legend status now though to sell just based on that. Also I hope it doesn't need ~78 fan patches to work right and be completed. :)
Troika killed themselves by putting out such a buggy POS and never fixing it, if it hadn't been for the community patches the game would still be unplayable.

Just reinstalled it last night with the latest official un-official patch which was released in February, and it's just as great as it ever was and even my rig can play it! :D

One of my favorites back in the day! Looks like new graphical effects will make their way into Vampire Bloodlines 2.
Paradox Interactive is partnering with Nvidia on Bloodlines 2 to give the game the most up-to-date graphics technology when it launches next year, in Q1 2020. This includes support for all the latest video card effects, including real-time ray tracing effects and DLSS technology
https://www.pcgamesn.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/vampire-bloodlines-2-mod-support

Troika killed themselves by putting out such a buggy POS and never fixing it, if it hadn't been for the community patches the game would still be unplayable.

Just reinstalled it last night with the latest official un-official patch which was released in February, and it's just as great as it ever was and even my rig can play it! :D

That is a little harsh to say the least. VtMB had a very troubled development cycle and the reasons for why it came out the way it did are many and they are not as simple as the publisher fucked up or the devs were incompetent. That being said, VtMB is a masterpiece of a game that was further refined through the sheer dedication of fans that loved it perhaps more than anyone. The writing and roleplaying options in the game are amazing.

I wish the development team behind this new game all the best, if they manage to even approach the levels of the original, they'll have a killer game in their hands. Here's to hoping!
That being said, I am skeptical about the Q1 2020 announcement, to the point where I burst out laughing when I saw it, because the trailer clearly states "Not In-Game Footage".

That is a little harsh to say the least. VtMB had a very troubled development cycle and the reasons for why it came out the way it did are many and they are not as simple as the publisher fucked up or the devs were incompetent. That being said, VtMB is a masterpiece of a game that was further refined through the sheer dedication of fans that loved it perhaps more than anyone. The writing and roleplaying options in the game are amazing.

I wish the development team behind this new game all the best, if they manage to even approach the levels of the original, they'll have a killer game in their hands. Here's to hoping!
That being said, I am skeptical about the Q1 2020 announcement, to the point where I burst out laughing when I saw it, because the trailer clearly states "Not In-Game Footage".
Very fair. There is way too much love in that game for the programmers not to have put their hearts in to it, my apologies.

Still doesn't change the fact that it was released in an unplayable form, but I will conceded that there were other factors than what I listed and how I put it. I very much doubt anyone who worked on the game was happy it went out the door in the state it was in and you are right, they made a masterpiece even if it wasn't quite finished.

My apologies to any of the developers I offended or insulted, I am sorry.

Great game, great news, but there's more info/reaction about it in this thread over here.

Pffft, I finished it without any patches at launch. Real men do it unpatched. ;)

That said, the trailer doesn't inspire confidence in the new game. It makes it seem like they are turning into some kind of action oriented game rather than a deep and immersive RPG which the first one was.

That said, the trailer might have absolutely nothing to do with the actual game, so I'll reserve judgement. But if the gameplay has changed in such a way, I predict a huge failure for the game.

Regards,
SB

I'm replaying it all patched and it actually runs well on my rig! Spent hours in it last night, first time I've gotten lost in a game in a long time and it felt damned good!

It has aged, but not as bad as I thought and I forgot how much of an RPG it is and not just a mindless action thing. So many sidequest/missions/stories! :D

At launch there was as far as I can remember only 1 showstopper bug (though don't get me wrong, there were heaps of bugs) and that was a rowboat not triggering a new level load.

Bloodlines was a diamond in the rough and I loved it even if the combat was clunky as hell.

I am not holding my breath for this one, but I am a fan of Brian Mitsoda so let's see.

At launch there was as far as I can remember only 1 showstopper bug (though don't get me wrong, there were heaps of bugs) and that was a rowboat not triggering a new level load.
THAT IS SUCH A PILE OF BULLSHIT!!!
It was an inflatable raft with a small outboard motor on the back, no rowboat! Z:p

Also I happened to just start that mission last night and was freaking a bit since I had trouble activating it. I didn't realize you had to walk in to the outboard motor to start the mission, not get in the boat.

If you gotta complain about the inclusion of politics and societal issues in a World of Darkness game, then you've probably never had the pen & paper experience. But even so, VmTB had an entire faction called the Anarchs that hanged out at a local bar which you could side with for one of the possible endings and one of the characters was a female with red dyed hair and a green beret with a red star on it.

This all happens pretty early in the game (2nd hub area, Downtown) and it's just one of the multiple examples to support my claim. Like... Did you even play the game?

The quotes don't really sound like they are SJW, it just sounds that they are going to be too scared to do edgy bullshit now and that's going to make storytelling a bit difficult in a world filled with evil. Oh no, a fishmalk might offend some schizos ... quick ban it from play. Or ancient vampires who feel nothing but disdain for you are going to be careful about gendering you, a bit of tonal mismatch.

As long as it isn't just the really really evil white male vampire who intentionally misgenders you I don't really care though. Someone can always mod a shitlord version.

Back