Heavy Rain, Detroit, Beyond Two Souls coming to PC in 2019

Heavy Rain is funny as shit if you mess up all the QTEs. It's like your character has an extreme case of Parkinson's.

Oh wow. Detroit is one of the best looking games I've ever played, can't wait to play this on PC again :D

Even Heavy Rain on PS3 has good graphics. And it's a cool game despite the QTE dumbassery.

I loved heavy rain for being what it is, interactive movie. Others I missed but now that they come to pc I'm pretty sure I will enjoy the hell out of those experiences. It's great to have different approaches to digital entertainment. There is plenty of stuff out there, if one hates these types of experiences they are easy to avoid. On the other hand if one loves these types of experiences they are few and far between which is a shame.

Each game was a pretty tech demo, was touted as such, and I think that's what sold each.

I feel like they are basically modern adventure games. I think whether you enjoy them depends on how much you are looking to play around in their little morality tales and see where they take you.

Last edited:
Just played Detroit due to heavy discount on Indonesia psn.

It looks amazing in some places and crappy in some others.

Totally agree with all these comments saying it's cheesy etc and it's like playing adv games.

It's awesome!

Absolutely. But these games are not so much about the gameplay itself, but rather the setting, plot, story telling, dialogues and acting. Which are clichè, mediocre, badly paced, amateurish and awkward respectively. Masterpieces, really.

TL: DR - They are very pretty (for their time) choose your own adventure books with sometimes cringeworthy story. :p

Regards,
SB

Totally agree with all these comments saying it's cheesy etc and it's like playing adv games.

It's awesome!

These type of games aren't my thing at all but I really enjoyed Detroit. Heavy Rain came bundled with Detroit on PS4 but I can't see myself playing it anytime soon. The only other game remotely close that I've played and liked was Telltale's The Walking Dead.

Yeah telltale games feels like low budget Detroit.

Visual novel games feels like even lower budget Detroit.

That's interesting. I enjoyed Fahrenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy), and was always annoyed that subsequent Quantic Dream games were unavailable on PC. It goes to show that I was right not to get a PS4 just for those exclusives, though. I'll happily give them a try now.

Interested to see Detroit. Hopefully they have a good grasp of the pitfalls of PC variability while porting.

The other two games don’t tickle my interest in terms of setting, I think, but J could be convinced if there’s a good bundle deal? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back