IHV Biasses *spin-off*

Can you imagine people posting in this forum a leveled amount of "satiric content, fun and laugh" towards the non-market leader?
It's always the leader who gets the most starie. Often also the most jealousy and mistrust, while the smaller rival gets more sympathy. From the perspective of the leader this is just a indication of success and a small price to pay. He will look at it with a grin.

If this is a David vs. Goliath scenario, the one who sympathizes with David also feels as the minority, considering the sells. It then feels paradox if the Goliath team feels offended or like a victim just because of some joke.
Personally i always feel like being the minority in the related discussion, almost like a lone fighter. Thus i act too aggressively, admitted. I would have done the same if any other vendor came up with the same thing. While swinging between extreme standpoints i approach a more relaxed middle ground anyways.

However, the related discussion is about Goliath only, so your question may have roots dating much longer back which i don't know. But the two things i want to point out are:
Nobody should feel personally offended about satire about third parties, and IF there is something wrong with RT, then it does not matter which vendor came up with it.

Nobody should feel personally offended about satire about third parties,
Nobody was offended, who cares if NVIDIA was affected or not, but that fake situation was used to launch a barrage of shit posts and useless campaign against an imaginary marketing scam from NVIDIA, to the point that some members and even some mods genuinely believed NVIDIA used this tactic, those who believed didn't bother to check the validity of the situation because others perpetuated that imaginary scam through their troll posts.

So you see, it's a cycle of crap, some people created a fake situation that spawned posts and serious discussions about it, polluting the original purpose of threads, instead of intelligently discussing RT and alternatives, we were left with trash posts about Jensen, RT marketing, useless videos and trolling.

Ok, i agree to some degree. But 'shit' and 'ass'... isn't that even worse? Plus, there is always a bit of innuendo in satire which can be discussed. That's not necessarily crap then just because you disagree.
You think if somebody says 'NV are gods posts are tiring too' is no intelligent discussion, but you can't judge this. I think accusing me compute RT would be 'fantasy', 'romance', or even 'dreaming' isn't so intelligent either, but i have to deal with it.
Considering we all have similar visions and interests, why should differing paths on how to get there, or worse - differing IHVs - matter?
I see the discussion is heated and i regret some things i've said, but this business is not about serious discussions - it is about entertainment. And looking at us from a distance how we constantly set each other up... that's better than any AAA game i've seen in a year :) A bit of humor surely isn't that wrong here.

When i made my own joke i even hoped it would be removed and it was. So it's not that there is no moderation. But of course moderation can not mean to mute vendor criticism.

I don't really object to using colorful language, what I reject is using flawed arguments based on false information that nobody even bothered to validate, derailing threads and causing all manners of unneeded heated discussions.

I make mention of what I am decrying right in the sentence I wrote - the implication of "actually trying" in the video title card which I find non-enrichening in the discussion around RT and overly antagonistic.

Why could RTX go straight into mainline UE while VXGI bitrots on NVIDIA's github, still with atrocious performance impact? (With Unity reportedly being close behind for build in RTX support.) With Cyrill Crassell and the ready supply of devs at NVIDIA and Epic shouldn't they have been able to get something with more realistic performance trade-offs like SVOTI into UE?

I do feel Sweeney in particular hasn't really been trying in over a decade and relies on NVIDIA to fill the gaps a wee bit too much.

Last edited:
Why could RTX go straight into mainline UE while VXGI bitrots on NVIDIA's github, still with atrocious performance impact? (With Unity reportedly being close behind for build in RTX support.) With Cyrill Crassell and the ready supply of devs at NVIDIA and Epic shouldn't they have been able to get something with more realistic performance trade-offs like SVOTI into UE?

I do feel Sweeney in particular hasn't really been trying in over a decade and relies on NVIDIA to fill the gaps a wee bit too much.
DXR is part of DirectX. VXGI is not.

RTX support runs on DirectX and was coded by NVIDIA, VXGI runs on DirectX and was coded by NVIDIA.

RTX support runs on DirectX and was coded by NVIDIA, VXGI runs on DirectX and was coded by NVIDIA.
VXGI is just compute. RTX is the acceleration of (part of) DXR which is DirectX. The fact only NVIDIA supports it at the moment is entirely AMD's fault.

Well that's nice, but I don't see why you are replying to me.

Unreal Engine relying on NVIDIA to half ass dynamic GI before RTX and not having any solution in their main code base is entirely on Epic ... that's why I say Epic hasn't really been trying.

PS. all the poaching of talent in this industry doesn't help. Maybe with Occulus winding down and Epic being so flush with cash itself they can be a bit more ambitious.

Well that's nice, but I don't see why you are replying to me.

Unreal Engine relying on NVIDIA to half ass dynamic GI before RTX and not having any solution in their main code base is entirely on Epic ... that's why I say Epic hasn't really been trying.

PS. all the poaching of talent in this industry doesn't help. Maybe with Occulus winding down and Epic being so flush with cash itself they can be a bit more ambitious.
If I recall they have supported LPV GI and heigthtfield GI for some time now. Neither of those had NVIDIA involvement.

Back