Stock Market Rumor: Sony moving to acquire Take-Two Interactive Software

And Take Two is somewhat less positioned than other publishers to bring up huge server infrastructure or might not want to deal with that, so maybe merger might make sense to them.

They could merge, give 1% of Sony stocks to Housers [:D], take a loan, or open up their warchest [they have enough].

The deal is just a speculation, but if they want it, it could be done.

Something interesting came up among speculators: They might be selling off Sony Pictures, which was rumored for a while.

Also...
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/debunked-rumor-of-sony-acquiring-gta-parent-compan/1100-6465561/
First, Market Watch reported that Wedbush Securities analyst Joel Kulina said Sony is currently in "advanced board level discussions to acquire Take-Two Interactive in a mostly cash deal." GameSpot contacted Kulina for clarification, and he expressed frustration with what he says was a misquote, leading him to be "bombarded with calls" about the comment.

"There is nothing behind this story that I've seen," Kulina told GameSpot. "No one has found a source. Market chatter refers to simply what we hear on trading desks--happens daily, just more surprised this has gone viral like it has."
So you're saying there's a chance.

Last edited:
Something interesting came up among speculators: They might be selling off Sony Pictures, which was rumored for a while.

Also...
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/debunked-rumor-of-sony-acquiring-gta-parent-compan/1100-6465561/

So you're saying there's a chance.

Pretty sure that selling Sony Pictures would mean selling Spiderman and the spider universe, which they own. Not happening anymore, there’s way too much money to be made just from that. Unless Disney makes them a killer offer, of course.

There was some rumblings last year from Take-Two's CEO Strauss Zelnick looking into the possibilities of expanding their business into movies/films or partnering with an established studio. Maybe, Take-Two and Sony are doing something together... something that benefits both companies.

There was some rumblings last year from Take-Two's CEO Strauss Zelnick looking into the possibilities of expanding their business into movies/films or partnering with an established studio. Maybe, Take-Two and Sony are doing something together... something that benefits both companies.

ICO. Getting into Crypto-Coins.

Remember, you heard it here first!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Now all the lateness makes sense... :p:mrgreen:

Spending 12 billion on expanding your own first party portfolio could probably yield 10x more net return in the long run. Another word, do you want 10 more TLOU II level games in the next five years or 2 more Rock Star games?

Spending 12 billion on expanding your own first party portfolio could probably yield 10x more net return in the long run. Another word, do you want 10 more TLOU II level games in the next five years or 2 more Rock Star games?

It's not as simple as that otherwise all games would be The last of us quality.
I don't believe this rumour but it's definitely going to start happening where having solid IP is going to be king going forward.

I still don't understand how Sony or Microsoft didn't buy Eidos when they were for sale.

It's not as simple as that otherwise all games would be The last of us quality.
I don't believe this rumour but it's definitely going to start happening where having solid IP is going to be king going forward.

I still don't understand how Sony or Microsoft didn't buy Eidos when they were for sale.
You'r right but all I'm saying is the benefit of expanding your own first party with that particular budget still vastly outweighs buying just a couple of top IPs. Also I prefer variety, new IPs than just milking GTA and Red Dead.

You'r right but all I'm saying is the benefit of expanding your own first party with that particular budget still vastly outweighs buying just a couple of top IPs. Also I prefer variety, new IPs than just milking GTA and Red Dead.

I don't believe the rumour but it's more than just Red Dead and GTA, it gives Sony a sports game dev also in Visual Concepts to go with SIE San Diego studio.

I'm not really into NBA 2k but NFL 2k5 was fantastic and if they could get that license again Sony would have all the American sports covered. Still don't think it's happening though.

How much are those sports worth though? GTA and RDR and worth a fortune, but because they're multiplat. GTA and RDR etc only on PlayStation will make them worth far, far less. So would Sony stay multiplat on them? Would they see about going more multiplat in future, as it's basically good business sense?

Only marginally more. You're not going to get every GTA player to buy a PS for the exclusive, and TT would lose its epic profitability.

I don't know, I think a massive proportion of the GTA fan base will buy a specific console if it's the only place to play GTA and it all adds to the pull or the reason you will choose one over the other if you can only get one.

Back