Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [pre E3 2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me there is a big and clear distinction between people on here predicting hardware specs and analysing rumours...to claiming they have actual inside knowledge...
Sure there's a difference, but what does it matter? What's the harm in someone claiming to be an insider and lying? What's lost? ShamePain could be Kaz Hirai for all we know - it makes no difference to the information and the discussion.

1.72 gbps HBM2 does 880GB/s.

Hey, it could be a nice crappy bin which nvidia and amd don't want. It piled up for months until Sony made an offer for the whole lot in a dark back alley of the shenzhen market.

Honestly, I don't see it matters and don't see why some would want the mods to vet sources, except to establish a trustworthy source of leaks to learn about hardware months in advance. Why is that important? Why not just wait until announcements?

Not that! Its about the image of this forum! People quote messages from here because they are a valid source of information.
If people start saying what they want, the credibility of this forum will just fall!
Just saying!

If a Devkit, the specs could be subject to change, unless these are the documented specs. If you want people to believe you and discuss accordingly (although it wouldn't be speculation if we know!), you can PM one of us mods with your proof.

I Believe that would be the correct thing to do!

Not that! Its about the image of this forum! People quote messages from here because they are a valid source of information.
More fool them. Random internet rumours are random internet rumours. Hell, even highly paid professionals like Pachter can be full of it. It still doesn't matter whether the rumour is true or not, or the source is valid, or if it's quoted. B3D exists for us to talk about gaming tech and no other reason.

More fool them. Random internet rumours are random internet rumours. Hell, even highly paid professionals like Pachter can be full of it. It still doesn't matter whether the rumour is true or not, or the source is valid, or if it's quoted. B3D exists for us to talk about gaming tech and no other reason.

Ok then. I will not discuss the forum orientation since I'm happy with it as it is.

The cost of those specs are insane though.

The word is Brad Sams who's got connections with insiders has mentioned dev kits will be going out sometimes after the GDC, so anything shown before it would be fake I assume.
This ShamePain fella needs to take a truth serum I say.
little-fockers-robert-de-niro-01.jpg

The word is Brad Sams who's got connections with insiders has mentioned dev kits will be going out sometimes after the GDC, so anything shown before it would be fake I assume.
This ShamePain fella needs to take a truth serum I say.
little-fockers-robert-de-niro-01.jpg

Xbox devkits, ZhugeEX said on resetera PS5 devkit are in dev hands.

Last edited:
If devkits are just going out now and in next month or so, there's no way there will be a 2019 launch. Early 2020 at the earliest.

Xbox 360 devkits were not final in mai 2005 and the console released in november.
They have target specs PCs, developpement is easy, not optimal, but first gen games are never well optimised

It shouldn't be as bad this time around anyway, especially with expectations of a relatively stable shift in architecture and importance of BC compared to previous generational switches, so the timing of dev kits could be less stringent.

We don't really have any info to make a logical determination other than rumours of 2019 not happening (for whatever reason), although I can't think of a good reason to expect 2019 at this point anyway.

Last edited:
Suppose this spec leak is true and devkit has 24GB ram - 20 ddr6 for games and 4 ddr4 for system. Devkits have always bigger amount of ram for debugging, so what would be approximate ram amount for ps5?

Devkits have always bigger amount of ram for debugging, so what would be approximate ram amount for ps5?

Xbox 360 & PS4 devkits shipped with the retail amounts until higher density chips were available due to last minute decisions to ship with the devkit amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back