Apex Legends (TitanFall Hero Battle Royal) [XO, XBSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC]

The game is really fun. Coop with your team mate is extremely well done. The gunplay is very polished. And finally the game has surprinsingly great graphics compared to Fortnite.

I (well we) won one match just by trying to help my teammates (because I am not very good in those MP games) so I try to be helpful like reanimating them, assisting them and using my abilities at the right time.

The game is an interesting mix of casual and hardcore. They really simplified so many things to make it easy for people to jump in, like weapon mods automatically swapping to a new gun when you pick it up, or picking up mods and having them automatically attach to the correct weapon. Also, the ping system makes it very easy to play without using voice comms. You can even set it to convert player voice comms to text. So easy and you don't need to listen to assholes, but ... BUT ... the actual shooting and gameplay is very hardcore. It's a hard game. It's fast and you need to be accurate. You can't really stealth your way late into the game. You have to fight and win.

It is the best marketing campaign ever done, good game and using only the power of twitch as a marketing tool.

Last edited:
This is the best version of BR I've played. I really like the Hunger Games-ish aspect of having a kill leader and seeing posters everywhere updated dynamically, at first I thought those were just static textures for the different heroes you play but then I saw my username and squad up there :D

I've tried Fortnite several times and it never grabbed me, same with PUBG, this one seems different for some reason, I'm really into it for now.

Also fov affects performance on my 1060 quite a bit. Console has the fov slider too. Use with caution.

Game uses 4:3 horizontal resolution, so If you want 103 16:9 horizontal like overwatch or pubg, set it to 86.63. You can type in decimal places on pc

Last edited:
Always loved the grapple movement system in all the TitanFall games. Momentum should carry though.

As much as that's scummy, that's merely wise business decision by Epic.

When you're making as much as they are, they have MFT $ to piss away. What else would they spend it on, making virtual hats like Valve?

How is that news? It's something competitors in all kinds of industries have done with online ads since... the dawn of online ads?
Well it shows how fucked up the economy is. Speak about perfect and healthy competition and such :D

I don't consider that such a scummy practice, as long as it's not trying to actually fool the consumer into thinking one product is the other.
The way it's usually done is in the spirit of "oh, so you like that? Cool. You'll probably also be interested in this..."

Back