Am I insane? I'm considering to buy 32" 720p TV for PS4 PRO

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Because my budget is only 100 dollars

The alternative would be 24 inch 1080p Samsung curved VA monitor

Or ancient 19 inch BenQ with 1440x900 resolution and broken screen (white marks on 1/3 of the screen, gonna try to fix it when I got my leave )

No, you're not. I have a similar TV, but Full HD, and I'm not dying.

It's not very big, but it's not small, either. When a game has beautiful graphics, I can admire them. And if the game is bad, a bigger screen wouldn't make it better. :D

No, you're not. I have a similar TV, but Full HD, and I'm not dying.

It's not very big, but it's not small, either. When a game has beautiful graphics, I can admire them. And if the game is bad, a bigger screen wouldn't make it better. :D

yours are FHD tho. luckily i have myopia so i guess 32 inch 720p ugly pixels will be gone when i not wearing glasses hahahaha

It does sound pretty insane to me... If those are the options take the Samsung. Were you moving this around anyway or how was it? Just setup the 24" for closer viewing.

you aren't insane, but the choice isn't very sane either, if you are going to spend that money anyways, I'd either save it for a future monitor or TV or buy the Samsung. 24" in close view is not bad. 32" 720p nowadays...ugh... Tbh, I wouldn't buy a TV with that money but a large 1080p monitor.

This is an article -in spanish, use google translator- on cheap and good monitors! One of them costs 106€ and has an IPS screen!

https://computerhoy.com/noticias/te...onitores-baratos-pc-que-puedes-comprar-247288

Last edited:
24" IPS 1080p closer to your eyes >>>> 32" 720p further from your eyes.

Don't you have a PSVR? Might as well just play games on the virtual screen using cinematic mode on the headset.
All while you save a bit more money for at least a 32" 1080p TV.

Nevermind. There's a deal for 40 inch FHD IPS TV for around 160 USD including delivery.

I have 24 hours to pay. Haha

24" IPS 1080p closer to your eyes >>>> 32" 720p further from your eyes.

Don't you have a PSVR? Might as well just play games on the virtual screen using cinematic mode on the headset.
All while you save a bit more money for at least a 32" 1080p TV.

Yeah I got Psvr but the image quality is too horrible for me.

Usually I play using PS4 REMOTEPLAY on my Sony vaio tap 11 tablet but it's too temperamental, especially since I removed the fan.
Anyway got a deal for 40 inch FHD IPS 160 dollars-ish.

So problem solved for now. The seller got a few complains of the TV came with shattered screen so.... Finger crossed

Imagine that fucking IQ per pixel when downscaling 1440p games down to 720 though. Nothing wrong with that. I'm even a little aroused just thinking of those well AAed pixels.

Back