What Anime are you watching now?

Hope this is the right thread ... definitely one I'll be looking for!

A Blade Runner anime series is being produced by Adult Swim and Crunchyroll
November 29, 2018
Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, and Alcon Entertainment are partnering to produce a new anime series based on Blade Runner 2049 called Blade Runner — Black Lotus. The 13-episode series is being directed by Shinji Aramaki, who directed the Appleseed films, and Kenji Kamiyama, who directed the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series. Additionally, Cowboy Bebop director Shinichirō Watanabe is acting as Black Lotus’ creative producer.
2c4e58b74f8c15d780e4d0c899b24be01505864536_full.0.jpg

There is no set release date for the series. Production will reportedly begin once Aramaki and Kamiyama are finished directing their reboot of the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series, which was announced in 2017. When Blade Runner — Black Lotus does air, it’ll be shown with an English dub during Adult Swim’s Toonami programming block, and it will be subtitled on Crunchyroll’s streaming service.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29...k-lotus-anime-cowboy-bebop-ghost-in-the-shell

One surprisingly good anime this season is "Hinomaru Sumo". Initially did not think it would be interesting since it's about sumo, but it definitely turned out to be a "diamond".
Well worth watching if you get a chance.

AIEEEEEEEE!!!!

I was all excited to see a copy of "Steins Gate 0 Special" to appear today. I STILL don't get the end of Stein's Gate 0 and am too embarrassed to admit it and was hoping this would enlighten me.

It did not, it's a filler episode from somewhere in the middling part of Steins Gate 0 involving Valentine's Day and all the romantic hilarity. I almost punched my monitor.

New Index III came out today, episode 12. At least that will get me over my disappointment. :)

Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works: The Movie. It can be seen as a summary of the first anime season, but the plot is quite different, including a few welcome twists for us who watched the first season. I don't know if the movie is more faithful to the manga than the series, honestly, but I think that the plot of this movie would have made a better series; it's more complex, interesting and mature, IMO. The quality is quite good, as well.

However, it feels rushed. So many things happening, one after the other, in less than 2 hours.

-----------------------------------

Shokugeki no Souma: Second Plate. So fun! :D

happenings that we watch or characters blabbering "lore dump"?
So many events. There's not much blabbering, actually (in comparison to the standard blabbering of anime, I mean :D).

Do you plan to watch this movie? Have you watched any of the animes?

So many events. There's not much blabbering, actually (in comparison to the standard blabbering of anime, I mean :D).

Do you plan to watch this movie? Have you watched any of the animes?

Nice,, gonna watch it maybe. As I really don't like it when there's too much blabbering in Anime. Complete with PowerPoint animation (like seriously, often anime just lazily pan, zoom on face...)

Konosuba , rexero, nichijo and A few others do have awesome animation when blabbering tho

We gamers talk about rage quits. Can we talk about blabbering quits, for anime? Because that's just what I did with Attack on Titan. Gooooood... I loved the story and the characters, but the frequent epic internal monologues were waaaaaaaaay too much.

Watched the first episode of Yakusoku no Neverland and give it a positive review.
Orphanage turns out to be sinister meat-packing farm for life-sucking aliens.

Last edited:
We just went through Parasyte - brilliant!

Now just started Fate:Zero which is a very slow burner. Noticed the first episode is 45 min so that would explain it.

I'm still confused about the watching order of the Fate series after googling three times in the last 6 months trying to decide how to approach it.

I'm still confused about the watching order of the Fate series after googling three times in the last 6 months trying to decide how to approach it.
I'm doing it chronologically by release date and I'm doing fine, as of now. Let's see if my opinion changes once I start with the next anime.

Back