Anthem [PS4, XO, PC]

Can the story be done solo? I don't really know what's happening. :p
Yes. Like destiny, it's a shared world, but you can do solo.
I dunno if you played SWTOR, but that was pretty much completable solo as well.

One thing to remember is that bioware made like 8 full stories in their MMO. With storyline and dialogs in their raids and dungeons.

uPnKaXW.png

Last edited:
Destiny 2 was pretty shallow and forgetable. :|

I'm having a tough time trying to understand what the story is.

Last edited:

Destiny 2 is a lot harder to understand the storyline. As well, since Destiny 1 a lot of things are cut out, or mentioned in passing. No one played Destiny for its storyline.
I think this is where bioware should be trying to make a difference.

they've had plenty of time to craft a decent story with delays and such. It doesn't sound like anthem was suffering from development hell like ME:A was.

lol

This is hyperbolic.
Frankly this is how I would prefer. No matter how you dis Andromeda's issues, the core gameplay and direction have much stayed the same as the traditional Space Epic that we used to love. But of course Anthem is set out to accomplish something different as per MMO so I don't wanna overly criticize it in comparison, it just pains me to see Bioware tossing out their talent in character and story development in favor of a rudimentary always online MMO borefest.

Destiny 2 is a lot harder to understand the storyline. As well, since Destiny 1 a lot of things are cut out, or mentioned in passing. No one played Destiny for its storyline.
I think this is where bioware should be trying to make a difference.

they've had plenty of time to craft a decent story with delays and such. It doesn't sound like anthem was suffering from development hell like ME:A was.

haha im the minority, i play destiny for storyline. and for me its much easier to follow and much more intriguing than many MMORPG (ragnarok online, lineage 2, dragon nest, etc).

Destiny 2 red war story took a huge nosedive tho. It losses many of the eerie mysteries, it also use the old-trope i hate the most: "story dump". Where the enemy explains everything in very detailed manner.

hey, im playing a video game. let me play and experience. not sit and watch this story dump.

it got much worse in Curse of Oh-shit-ris, and gets better with Forsaken.

My issue with the visuals is how busy they are. High contrast, lots of flashing stuff, particles all over etc. It's like when I saw Destiny 2 and thought it was going to make my eyes bleed.

I think it simply looks like a million other games out there. Nature mixed with a bunch of rustbuckety tech, punctuated by neon lights. It's generic sci-fi concept art - the game. The two Destinies look very distinct by comparison.

I think it simply looks like a million other games out there. Nature mixed with a bunch of rustbuckety tech, punctuated by neon lights. It's generic sci-fi concept art - the game. The two Destinies look very distinct by comparison.
It is so busy looking.. For example on the video mission. They told you to look for comm device or something.

Despite its located on a big crater, it doesn't look distinct

alpha was fun , still in for the game looks like it has what destiny is missing... story content. If anyone wants to play I will be on pc playing it.

I'm probably going to do a trial or a month of Premium and play BFV and Anthem once they're both out. Then decide whether to go for a year of Premium.

taking into account it is a game from Bungie, I can quite understand. Halo games were so good and really fun under Bungie, but story wise, sometimes I was like -what is this pillar and that thing and that Arbiter and stuff?

Comparing different play styles, I definitely see a lot of ME3 MP here. This is a good thing. Being able to scale the difficulty will help tremendously in making this more fun.

Comparing different play styles, I definitely see a lot of ME3 MP here. This is a good thing. Being able to scale the difficulty will help tremendously in making this more fun.

Even the cave encounter looks confusing and boring.

But if I use MMORPG standard. It actually looks way more fun than the competition

Back