Stupid, but keyboard wrist rest. 17x2x1/2"

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
My google-fu has been sucking at finding this. I had an old 17x2x1/2" wrist rest that was just a rectangular foam, (not memory foam, FOAM foam.), with a nylon skin on the top only like a mouse pad but 1/2" thick that my wife got from a drug rep from a generic drug maker back in the early 90s. I've gotten others over the years trying to find a better one, but I've always ended up going back to that one. It's edges were frayed and I'd fiddle with rolling the corners and middle a bit when thinking and it look like shit, but it was perfect for me for almost every keyboard I had.

Jump ahead one marriage, two kids, 6 cats, and 6 dogs.

The latest dog is a pure bred german shepard that we got 6-1/2 mos ago when she was just about to turn 4 mos old. She'd had a good owner, but it was a young person who had another older shepard and worked 10 hours a day so she'd cage them when she was gone and they were both going a little nuts and they were driving her out of her mind...so she gave the puppy to us because she knew how we were to our dogs and knew we'd give it a good home. My wife has wanted a shepard since her first dog passed away shortly before we got married, one of our first two dogs was a shepard mix but it wasn't anything like her first one.

This one is. She's not a pure bred, she was bred to be an apex predator! This is selective breeding done right but taken to an insane level, she is an uber dog. :|

I've raised 5 dogs now from pup to grave, (well, two are still here and doing well but they're REALLY old at 14+ now and I'm just keeping 'em comfy and cleaning up after them. Been preparing myself for a year since we lost Rascal's sister Lulu just so I can handle it.), but I have NEVER met one like this! Stronger than she looks, perfectly proportioned to use it, a bloody guarantee against hip displacia which plagued the breed for decades due to stupid show rules. (As a rule we only get rescue dogs from the shelter or the streets, but I figure the guy next door coming over to give a dog away to keep it away from becoming a breeder in a kennel is a worthy save too. She's a LOT happpier with us I promise. :) )

Not only that, she's fucking smart. No, she's not smart...she's a bloody genius. I've never, ever in my life met a dog this smart and capable. She swims and loves it, runs all over and plays fetch well, doesn't get scared by fireworks or explosions, she looks where I point and not at the end of my finger, and I can just talk to her now in plain english and she understands what I say. "Buffy, go get your rope toy if you want to play tug. Buffy, rope toy in living room. Go, get!", and she'll bloody run off and come back with the rope toy. Fucking amazing!

She's also overly curious and explores the world with her mouth. I've almost managed to gget her to stop biting me so I'm not bleeding or covered in scabs anymore, but she still has a bad tendency to eat things that grab her interest if no one is looking...

....which brings me to my wrist rest. She ate it. I actually cried.

My wife gave that to me before we got married. Hell it's the one we shared back when we only had one computer! I think I've had it for like 24+ years. :|

Since getting the puppy I've been getting a lot of hand/arm injuries and my fingers have gotten tingly and numb from the constant biting. I've just about got comfortably typing by telemetry, and then the dog goes and chews up my bloody wrist rest and throws off the position of everything.

I'm using a nice leather wrist rest I have, but it's too wide. 3" at least which throws off my hand position. I'm just looking for a very basic wrist rest that's 2" wide and about a 1/2" thick, and I can't for the life of me find one.

Help?

Get an MS Keyboard 4000. My family used nothing else.

Was there an actual question somewhere in this dog rambling? If you want to write about your dogs maybe you do it in another section of this forum.

Was there an actual question somewhere in this dog rambling? If you want to write about your dogs maybe you do it in another section of this forum.
Yeah, it ate my wrist rest and I'm having a lot of trouble finding a compatible replacement. Sorry if it got lost in the babbling.

Back