What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyrim on the Switch. Fantastic port I might add. Looks so lovely in handheld mode. And after so many years I've basically forgotten almost everything about the game. Feels very fresh again. Who'd have thought that it would be on a handheld of all places a Bethesda game finally felt smooth and polished. (granted, they had almost a decade to fix the damn thing, but still)

Last edited:
Unreal is fun, but I can't believe they finally came out with a PC version of Katamari Damacy and Bubbles can run it!

I love "The Wonderful End of the World", which is a sort of clone of KD that was the only thing like it available on PC. It runs unbelievably well at 1920x1080 on a Phenom II 965 w/680GTX!

Ok, the controls are sort of a bitch for me right now....WEotW was a lot more simplified...but it's got potential once my fingers get used to the controls and I'm having FUN! :D

Oh, and I got Flat Out and it's just the right age to still look decent and run fantastic on my system. I need a racer of some sort, and Flat Out I always loved the collision/damage modelling with and thought the driving felt good.

I almost feel like a gamer again, so cool. 8)

I own a PS3. :D

And I don't think I would buy a PS4... I'm waiting for a BC PS5, no hurries, really. Lots of great "old" games to play, still (even from NES, SNES and PS1/2).
Oh I had no idea.
You have to keep in mind the frame data and attributes of the moves in Tekken.
I guess you are playing against the CPU?
I think the medium difficulty is way too easy.

Oh I had no idea.
You have to keep in mind the frame data and attributes of the moves in Tekken.
I guess you are playing against the CPU?
I think the medium difficulty is way too easy.
Yes, I was playing against the CPU. I love fighting games and I'm usually very good at them. I also know and played Tekken before (from 1 to 3, basically), so I thought it was kinda weird... I searched in Google and I saw that there were more people like me, but oh well...

Yes, I was playing against the CPU. I love fighting games and I'm usually very good at them. I also know and played Tekken before (from 1 to 3, basically), so I thought it was kinda weird... I searched in Google and I saw that there were more people like me, but oh well...
These games were much simpler back then (1-3). Moves now extend to multiple extended combinations and mix ups which mean, that often you will try to do moves while the opponents combinations have not finished.
Other times you will get caught on frame traps and you will respond immediately after your opponent has ended the move, but you may already be at a frame disadvantage.
Also juggles were much more limited and your opponent never did one even at the highest difficulty in the older games. Some moves when blocked can leave the performer of said moves open for punishment.
You need to discover a few juggles that you can use. Also the CPU still has a serious issue defending against certain moves (like Jin's down+2 punch. It almost never blocks it)

These games were much simpler back then (1-3). Moves now extend to multiple extended combinations and mix ups which mean, that often you will try to do moves while the opponents combinations have not finished.
Other times you will get caught on frame traps and you will respond immediately after your opponent has ended the move, but you may already be at a frame disadvantage.
Also juggles were much more limited and your opponent never did one even at the highest difficulty in the older games.
Yes, I know. I mentioned those games just to note that I know the franchise, but I know that the gameplay is way more complex, now. I've played modern fighters, as well, such as DOAs, SCs and SF IV.

Just finished "Return of Obtaining Dinn" the new mistery game from Duke Pope of Papers Please.

Correction: it's "Return of the Obra Dinn".
I've just started playing it.
Which theme (monitor) did you pick? I'm on IBM 8503.

https://www.gog.com/game/return_of_the_obra_dinn

3bd436c3-b85d-4ab4-b66d-de6c28079d5d.jpeg

Creative Assembly made a Definitive Edition of several of their older titles (Medieval2, Empire & Napoleon) giving everyone all the DLC (For Med2 just 1 expansion I already have but a decent chunk of units for the other two titles).

I never really managed to get into Empire so I've been playing that & having quite a bit of fun :yes:

Still got some shocking bugs & crashes and I still can't fathom why France is only a single province but there is really something quite magnificent about the battles with musket & bayonet infantry, cannon pounding away, ability to occupy certain buildings, cavalry squares etc.

Also after avoiding the sea part for much of my campaign I've started a navy to get in on those lucrative trade spots & been having some good fun with the naval battles.

eg just had a battle where enemy had 3* 2nd rates to my 2* but I had a solid 6* 3rd rate vs his motley mix of 10 or so smaller ships, enemy had the 2nd rates & stronger ships in a windward line with smaller ships parallel to leeward.
Wind & position allowed me to run a first pass close to the leeward line, knocking it completely out of the battle & putting solid damage on several of his main line with minimal damage received.
I gybed my line round to make a 2nd pass, enemy line also gybed round & were coming back at me, my leading 2nd rate passed to one side of their somewhat isolated 2nd in line, blamming it point blank, then my following 3rd rate immediately passed on the other side also unleashing a devastating salvo -> enemy instantly struck its colours, beautiful.
By the time the pass completed all enemy ships were surrendered/sunk except their lead 2nd rate who routed on final salvo from my trailing 2nd rate.
I scored 2* captured 2nd rates in the after-battle that'll form the backbone of my 3rd battle squadron :D

Now I'm curious as to how that was even recommended, and I've actually got a few anime games. :p

Smash Bros Ultimate. My first Smash Bros and I'm really loving it. Heck, I wished at least one stage in games like Soul Calibur or Tekken had received as much love and dedication as your average Smash arena. And Smash has a hundred of them. I'm not talking about making stages more interactive or lethal here. Just talking about the visual fanfare on display here really.

Finished Dead Rising 4, I really liked it. I went back to Nier Automata, but the game just isn't for me. I also put JC4 on the shelf until the patch. So I popped in AC Odyssey and started it last night.

Megaman 11. Worst game I ever played. Played it for less than 2 hours and absolutely hate it with a passion. I don't think I've ever played a game that made me so angry as this piece of shit.

Will be getting rid of it at the local store. Yeah I'll probably lose 20 or 30 bucks on it but anything better than hanging on to this.

Hate it and this again reminds me of why I never bought Megaman games before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back