Nvidia Turing Architecture [2018]

New Perhaps, but in no way does it mean "DOUBLE CONFIRMS". That is a leap too far.
It does, when it's mentioned twice in different expressions. This is literally what double confirms means. In fact it's thrice not twice, if we add the developers statement into the mix.

Are we arguing semantics now instead of technical statements or screenshots comparisons?

Where are the technical statements and screenshots comparison? All I've seen is parsing of subjective words to mean what each person wants them to mean.

Where are the technical statements and screenshots comparison?
Exactly, there is none. All we have is the developers word and the reviewer denying there is any difference. Again, if there was a difference he would shown it in screenshots. The burden of proof falls on the shoulders of those claiming there is a difference, and not the other way around.

There needs to be a deep-dive into the tech, to see what the corner cases are for each setting. I'm guessing it'll be a while before that happens because of the holidays. Sigh

It doesn't make any sense to have different settings if there is no difference in all situations. This shouldn't be a placebo setting.

It is somewhat ambiguous. Are the reviewers referring to "graphical" or FPS deltas when trying the different settings?
Most of the Adaptive Shading reviews do notice slight FPS differences indicated in charts but do not show screenshots of any graphical differences.

Shame they did not explicitly produce screenshots of any graphical artifacts. Where is Ryan when you need him?

It is somewhat ambiguous. Are the reviewers referring to "graphical" or FPS deltas when trying the different settings?
Most of the Adaptive Shading reviews do notice slight FPS differences indicated in charts but do not show screenshots of any graphical differences.

Shame they did not explicitly produce screenshots of any graphical artifacts. Where is Ryan when you need him?
Here is small video with artifacts when too aggressive setting is used.

I hate Moiré-like artifacts, makes my skin crawl along with that paint.

With regard to image quality, we can usually find no differences in the moving image. Here and there, however, can find some artifacts that are justified by the Adaptive Shading and can interfere. In the following example, with active NAS, it looks like a liquid will run down the wall or become a shadow on it, which is not the case without a NAS.
https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.p...mmt-unterstuetzung-fuer-adaptive-shading.html

Though they didn't mention at which settings that specific artifact occurs. The Adaptive Shading can go even lower than the "Balanced" preset.

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.p...mmt-unterstuetzung-fuer-adaptive-shading.html
Though they didn't mention at which settings that specific artifact occurs. The Adaptive Shading can go even lower than the "Balanced" preset.
True, that type artifact could be the preset difference between "Balanced", "Performance" and "Quality".
It would be interesting to see what all three presets looks like on the same spot since there is hardly any difference in FPS.

Edit: This feature would be similar to any Control Panel options that offers various presets beyond the default setting. An example is texture filtering offering High Quality, Quality, Performance and High Performance presets with Quality as the default setting .

Last edited:
True, that type artifact could be the preset difference between "Balanced", "Performance" and "Quality".
It would be interesting to see what all three presets looks like on the same spot since there is hardly any difference in FPS.

Edit: This feature would be similar to any Control Panel options that offers various presets beyond the default setting. An example is texture filtering offering High Quality, Quality, Performance and High Performance presets with Quality as the default setting .
It seems to be really pretty steady performance increase from off to quality to balanced to performance, even if it's small (some 5-7 FPS from off to performance))

edit: removed extra word

Last edited:
Only 12 GB?

I expected a Turing TITAN to have more memory, especially since the TITAN line has had 12 GB since 2015 (except for the TITAN Z and the TITAN V CEO Edition) and high end GeForce GPUs have gotten memory increases since then.

Last edited:
Only 12 GB?

I expected a Turing TITAN to have more memory, especially since the TITAN line has had 12 GB since 2015 (except for the TITAN V CEO Edition) and high end GeForce GPUs have gotten memory increases since then.
Is there 16 Gb GDDR6-modules available? Since you can't do over 12 GB with 8 Gb modules on 384-bit GDDR6 (at least I'm assuming that splitting it to 2x 16-bit channels to begin with means you can't do clamshell mode anymore)

Back