What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also one of the Fallout heathens that prefers Fallout 3.
Fallout: New California, is now available

Radian-Helix Media has just released its massive fan prequel to Fallout New Vegas, Fallout New California. This mod adds an all new story around a new player character, an adopted resident of Vault 18, embarking on a journey through the wastelands of the New California Republic’s Cajon Pass. This mod is described as a new campaign, meaning that players will be able to launch it from the main menu and not access it via an in-game portal. New California runs in the New Vegas engine but it is not set in New Vegas (it’s set in New California at a place called The Pass).

Download New California BETA 200. Download BETA 201 PATCH. Put them on your hard drive.
Open your mod manager.
Go to Package Manager. (The same on Vortex, MO2, NMM, and FOMM.)
Select New New California BETA 200.
Follow the On Screen Wizard. (DLC Patches if you have DLC! If not, skip.)
Wait between 2-8 minutes on average….
Done!
Open Package Manager again. Select New New California BETA 201. Install. (Overwrite Yes to All!)
Done!
Final Step: Don’t forget to check NewCalifornia.esm in your load order to activate!!!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil/downloads/install-first-beta-200
https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil/downloads/fallout-new-california-patch-201

I finished Assassin's Creed II. A good game, IMO, but at the end I felt it was a bit too long.

Since I'm in the autumn mood, I decided to finish with my Tomb Raider backlog (I relate Tomb Raider to autumn since the old games usually came out this time of the year) and I started Tomb Raider Anniversary. :) This is my first time playing it. So familiar yet so fresh! And I'm liking very much the fact that I have to keep pressing a button if I want to keep hanging of a ledge! :D I would like that button to be the action button like in the old times, as well, but this is better than nothing.

Enjoying Tomb Raider Anniversary. :love:

Also, I began playing Tekken 6. I know I'm not a bad player, but damn! The game is difficult... or is it me?

TR Anniversary is a fantastic remake. Goes to show that more modern controls can still be implemented without sucking all the challenge out of the gameplay. The puzzle rooms are so much more complex than they were in the original.

TR Anniversary is a fantastic remake. Goes to show that more modern controls can still be implemented without sucking all the challenge out of the gameplay. The puzzle rooms are so much more complex than they were in the original.
Now that I advanced more into the game, I can confirm that yes, it's a wonderful remake BUT the controls are not so so great. Sometimes she just won't grab onto a ledge nor jump even though I definitely press the buttons. Sometimes she jumps the wrong direction, thanks to the tricky camera system. I miss the side jumps, the possibility to slide backwards so that you can grab onto the ledge at the end of slopes, not having to repeatedly press the shot button when I'm shooting at an enemy, the difference between a jump and a running jump, etc.

I wish we just had an option to set "old controls and camera". Moving through the levels in the old games was such a pleasure: it wasn't as organic as in present games, but it was precise and you felt you had true control over the character.

Any first impression of Fallout New California? I'm not keen to return that that engine unless the experience is really good.

Picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider on sale now that I have a better GPU. Gorgeous game so far with some great art work. Streaming to my Shield so it's nice playing it on the big screen with the audio setup.
I/Lara felt pretty frail and weak when starting, which was a bit frustrating. But it motivated me to explore, and become enabled to improve my weapons and attributes. Wolves had me scared for what felt like a long time but was probably only a few hours. I finished the game after nearly fifty hours, I still have Croft Manor to explore. I look forward to getting SOTTR on sale.

SPAZ2, or to give it its full name, Space Pirates and Zombies 2. It's pretty damm good. :yes:

Great game. Very immersive and investing. You'll be thinking of investigation possibilities all day.
I highly recommend it.

Seconded. Excellent game, especially played together with a friend/partner. No stress, just puzzle/problem solving.

I just beat Tomb Raider Anniversary. Great remake, but the controls or the camera made Lara do things that I didn't want her do to. For instance, in this last part I jumped towards a ladder and pressed the grab button but she just didn't grab onto the ladder, several times. The first games were exquisitely difficult, but never because Lara didn't do what you wanted her to do.

I started Infamous (the first one). It seems fun.

Love the new BF5 game...so much chaos, nice! Tec is on point so far, graphics are nice and destruction+particles are awesome, gameplay feels instantly very good to me (didn't like BF1 so much and needed quite some time to get into this game). The only confusing thing right now is the GUI, trying to get through all the menus to find my weapons and how to upgrade them.

Just found out we have a copy of Unreal on Steam and it runs just fine on my current PC so I'm giving it a go!

Best part was when it fired up and max res was 1680x1050. I just shut it down and opened the Unreal.ini file and had a trip down memory lane playing with settings. Can't wait for a bit of a break to try it out and see if I can force AA/AF and such and just remembering how cool that castle opening was back when it came out. :D

Oh gods are the controls super twitchy! Gonna take a bit of tweaking and adjusting, but it looks nothing but fine and the nostalgia is good and the gameplay is even better! Feels sort of good to get back to the roots of gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished RDR2 and started FFXV. Wow, what a horrible game. I got into Ch.3 and had to quit. I tried Sniper Elite 4 on GP, but with no X patch it and the same game play as the last one I played, I got bored in the first mission. I have AC Odessy waiting for me, but I'm trying to find something less open world due to fatigue.

Maybe try the Yakuza game I got free on PS+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back