Strengths and weaknesses of GameCube relative to its peers *spawn

Maybe if the game was optimized for the platform it perhaps could? Dont remember where but i read somewhere the GC couldnt handle B3 like the PS2/Xbox did, something with calculations of traffic in combination with all the other things going on.

I've always wondered if the GC could of done Burnout 3 and Burnout revenge at 480p60. Burnout 2 on it was just as good looking as burnout 2 on Xbox.

No, not at 60 fps without cutting back on particles, deformable cars and physics. Criterion said even the Xbox had more trouble than the PS2 with some things in those games.

No, not at 60 fps without cutting back on particles, deformable cars and physics. Criterion said even the Xbox had more trouble than the PS2 with some things in those games.

Yeah the lighting, car damage and etc looked better on PS2. Even more so on revenge.

I own a ps2 and a xbox, in fact i own many ps2's and many xbox's, and neither does wow me more, they basicly look exactly the same. The PS2 version has wider sparks, the xbox slightly better reflections. But its nothing one notices, if you dont really look for it. Not even then....

Black, supposedly running on the same engine, does on the other hand looks better on the xbox, it audio is a whole lot better too, actually.

Yeah the lighting, car damage and etc looked better on PS2. Even more so on revenge.

That's not exactly what I meant. They said the Xbox struggled a bit more, performance wise, with some aspects of the game. I'm not sure which version looks better.

hat's not exactly what I meant. They said the Xbox struggled a bit more, performance wise, with some aspects of the game. I'm not sure which version looks better.

Thats the thing, i never understood people saying that either version looks better, ie wowed more by the xbox or ps2 version, which seems abit strange as they really look identical running side by side.

The uploader thinks the Xbox version has better lighting, and overall smoother. Playing them myself i think they are equal in both framerate stability and picture.

Besides that it wouldnt suprise me if PS2 was the lead platform, or mostly PS2 game in its origins.

Back