NPD August 2018

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
August NPD reported numbers by Resetera members.

Nintendo Switch #1 hardware sales for August.

Here are the numbers for August 2018:
Total: $796 million (up 26 percent from $634 million in August 2017) Hardware: $214 million (up 28 percent from $168 million) PC and console software: $330 (up 16 percent from $285 million) Accessories: $251 million (up 39 percent from $181 million)

Year to date, Sony's PlayStation 4 remains the best-selling console hardware platform in both units and dollars.

SWI: 206k
PS4: 197k
XB1: 165k

RANKINGS
Physical and Full Game Digital for publishers in the Digital Leader Panel, ranked on dollar sales

1. Madden NFL 19 ^
2. Monster Hunter: World
3. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
4. Grand Theft Auto V
5. Mario Kart 8*
6. Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
7. God of War
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
10. Super Mario Odyssey*
11. Minecraft
12. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
13. Far Cry 5
14. Monster Hunter: Generations Ultimate*
15. Call of Duty: WWII
16. Mario Tennis Aces*
17. Overwatch ^
18. Lego The Incredibles
19. We Happy Few*
20. The Crew 2

Thread Link

On a side note, I'm pretty sure Rockstar has an official U.S. Federal Reserve money printing press at its office for GTA V. Sheesh...

Individual Platform Software Sales

Xbox One
1. Madden NFL 19
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
3. Grand Theft Auto V
4. Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
5. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
6. Overwatch
7. Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
8. Far Cry 5
9. Call of Duty: WWII
10. Star Wars: Battlefront II 2017

PS4
1. Madden NFL 19
2. God of War
3. Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
4. Grand Theft Auto V
5. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Detroit: Become Human
8. Far Cry 5
9. MLB 18: The Show
10. We Happy Few*

Switch
1. Mario Kart 8
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Monster Hunter: Generations Ultimate*
5. Mario Tennis Aces
6. Octopath Traveler
7. Splatoon 2
8. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
9. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
10. Minecraft

Also worth noting is there are still nationwide PS4 Pro shortages in the US.

Is the current assumption that Pro shortages are related to the MLCCs shortages, or something else? I see the standard PS4 in stock all over the place, so I'm not completely convinced it's related to MLCCs shortages. Could there be a possibility that Sony is winding down the current PS4 Pro stock, for an unannounced / unknown slimmer PS4 Pro model for the Christmas season (maybe a black Friday release). Let's be honest, PS4 Pro needs to lose some weight and girth.

Last edited:
Nice to see We Happy Few made it onto the charts.

Next NPD will have Spiderman. Wonder how much it'll boost PS4 sales. Might be significant.

Regards,
SB

Is the current assumption that Pro shortages are related to the MLCCs shortages, or something else? I see the standard PS4 in stock all over the place, so I'm not completely convinced it's related to MLCCs shortages. Could there be a possibility that Sony is winding down the current PS4 Pro stock, for an unannounced / unknown slimmer PS4 Pro model for the Christmas season (maybe a black Friday release). Let's be honest, PS4 Pro needs to lose some weight and girth.
It's a shortage of a certain compnent needed in the Pro, but I forget what it was. There was discussion of it at era.

How is Minecraft still charting? Did they have some new additional DLC released recently or is there some new platform they just released on? Though it only placed 10th on the Switch.

Back