Forza Horizon 4 [XO, XBSX|S, XPA]

Many/some would be uninterested in FH series if it was any more like FM series.

What game settings are you playing FH3 or FH2 on for it to be such a cake-walk for you? Have you tried the Blizzard Mountain region of FH3? There's definitely penalties if you try using normal vehicles without tuned setups for the snowy conditions.

I have the expansions and have been there, but can't recall much. I recently went back into FH3 and it made me re-DL Blizzard Mountain and told me told DL Hot Wheels but then wouldn't let me. I don't know what's going on there.

The leaked Halo event in Forza Horizon 4 is definitely real, and it's a hilarious race through the series' tropes.

In a behind-closed-doors presentation at Gamescom today, creative director Ralph Fulton showed off the in-game event.

Following the template of the Horizon series' over-the-top Showcase events, and riffing on the original Halo game, the event will appear on your map and, once activated, kicks off a cutscene that sees Master Chief walk up to a Warthog, stare down a Pelican and then appear on a Northumberland beach overlooked by Bamburgh Castle. This is particularly weird if you're British.

The mission is framed as a training simulation, and has a set of Warthogs racing to keep up with a Pelican, avoiding swooping Banshees, and trying to get to the finish line before the Halo ring you're on (and yes, the skybox has been changed to reflect that detail) apparently collapses.

A fully-voiced Cortana narrates throughout the mission, commenting on what's going on around you, and mentioning the "ancient structures" (old British houses) you pass on the way. It's a surprisingly fully-fledged little addition - the fields are scattered with Covenant fortifications, and even the race barriers are made of hard light - and genuinely funny in its execution.

It's not clear if there's more than one Halo event in the game, but Fulton made clear that this one was replayable as many times as you want to play it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/21/forza-horizon-4s-halo-in-game-event-is-real-amazing

I might be checking this out after all.

Tommy McClain

Demo is amazing. I can run it at 4K 60 fps on my system with everything maxed out except only using 4x MSAA instaed of 8x. Good stuff :)

Last edited:
Someone in my friends list made a capture of the game on the Xbox One X. He literally said that the game doesn't look as good on the X as on the Fat but it puts on a good show.

:( :( :(

V-Rally-Infogrames-Electronic-Arts-Sony-PlayStation-PSX-PSone-Microsoft-Windows-PC-Nintendo-64-N64-Racing-Pixel-Art-Xtreme-Retro.png

What happened to FH4 ? The game looks worse than the E3 demo, especially the IQ (the demo is blurrier against a pristine image on the E3 demo) :

E3 : https://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_forza_horizon_4_e3_gameplay_1_4k_-42291_fr.html (see at 1min)

Demo : https://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_forza_horizon_4_freeride_on_pc_1440p_max_settings-42840_en.html (put the video at 1min18 for a like for like comparison).

Maybe it's due to Gamersyde or the demo is based on an older build, i don't know.
Could just be the general lighting conditions - summer & dry vs autumn/post-rain

The blurriness is probably down to 4K vs 1440p.

Got dang this game is a graphical powerhouse. This may be the best graphics I've seen this gen so far simply gorgeous. I think the HDR is on a new level here too

Credit to Oluasc on resetera: Captured on X

Z0M7eot.png

cp01XNo.jpg

70z3MM3.png

MauUxby.jpg

E8rImWS.png

QmvgHKc.png

Last edited:
You haven't played many graphics powerhouses this gen have you? That said the demo does look good on the X, I don't play racing games much but yeah the HDR is a treat for my Z9D. Man if only games like this don't bore me after a couple of hours I might actually buy it at launch.

Great pics. Do we know if the photomode enchances the graphics ? Because it's usually the case in racing games.
I'm sure it does. But it's impressive that the asset quality is there.

You haven't played many graphics powerhouses this gen have you? That said the demo does look good on the X, I don't play racing games much but yeah the HDR is a treat for my Z9D. Man if only games like this don't bore me after a couple of hours I might actually buy it at launch.

I have played many and this takes it to another level for me. The lighting, details, everything blew me away on my tv

so that's how driveclub 2 would have looked
so jealous now

:(

FH4 is good but nothing looks like Driveclub at its best, even after so many years. Nobody even attempted to replicate what Driveclub is doing lol :p

Waaaay different approach in rendering. Such a shame we didn't get a Pro patch for that game, still mad :yep2:

FH4 seems to have better IQ, better foliage and better texture though.
It's still missing volumetric clouds and screen space reflections on cars, but the rest of the presentation is impressive.
Great lighting too i think.

Back