Battlefield V

I'll check my BIOS when I get home. I think I should be running one newer than April. I'm pretty good about keeping it up to date, but there is a BIOS version for my MB from the end of July that I may not have installed. It includes an AGESA update.
Yeah different vendors took their time updating the AGESA so it's possible it wasn't until July for your board.

This is the original video I made early 2017 to show the issue to EA.

Standard key on for the toolbox on PC is T. On console it is on the d-pad I think.

Yeah different vendors took their time updating the AGESA so it's possible it wasn't until July for your board.

This is the original video I made early 2017 to show the issue to EA.

My audio doesn't seem to be cutting out like that, but you never know. Thanks for the info. Will definitely do the BIOS update tonight. I like to keep it up to date anyway.

tried the demo, looks more like a BF1 DLC than a brand new iteration.
I heard a farting noise while playing last night, looked up in the sky and then...

One thing I'll give them credit for is acing the weapon mechanics and doing a decent job on player movement. The weapon mechanics are miles and miles better than BF1, maybe the best in the series. Movement is very good, with the exception of some terrain issues that seem hard to navigate. You can get caught on things and there are small elevation changes that can be surprisingly difficult to navigate. I really think what's holding this game back is the maps.

keep in mind the game wants to focus on personal customization for profits purpose.
If i read correctly all those cosmetics can be turned off if people don't like it.
I found it a bit weird at first when i saw the first trailers as it's a departure from the older games, but honestly while playing it's not much apparent, appart from a weird yellow painted tank i saw last night.
Hell we could argue that it's even less realistic to get revived and up and running like new after being shot down !

keep in mind the game wants to focus on personal customization for profits purpose.
If i read correctly all those cosmetics can be turned off if people don't like it.
I found it a bit weird at first when i saw the first trailers as it's a departure from the older games, but honestly while playing it's not much apparent, appart from a weird yellow painted tank i saw last night.
Hell we could argue that it's even less realistic to get revived and up and running like new after being shot down !
It is as if this was a game! Oooooooooh snap here comes the black hole we're being pulled in

Also, why aren't Indians (British forces), Turks (British forces), and Japanese American's (US Amy 100th division) portrayed more in the game? They spent more time in armed ground forces than women or people of color. Game must be racist to not focus on them. :p

Good point, hope they're in the final game.

@milk I hear you on the tone of that trailer it was a radical departure from the BF3, BF4 and especially BF1 marketing but that's how I interpreted it "Oh my god they are desperate to emphasise wacky Battlefield Moments TM" rather than they were trying to fundamentally alter the overall tone of the series. The Bad Company games were overtly comic but that never showed itself in the MP portion of the game and the goofy ass Italian Rambo and Yankee Walter Mitty single player stories in BF1 were similarly not reflective of the overall game. Subsequent trailers showed that the game was still retaining that gameplay/authenticity balance that BF always has.

The oncoming deluge of cosmetics will need to be kept an eye on lest they go nuts but the ability to disable them from the main menu should prevent things from getting too wild. That yellow Tiger might actually be period accurate though, late war German tanks were often delivered to the field in their unpainted state with just the base yellow anti-corrosion paint applied with crews in the field told to do their best. Nice video on the topic of tank pints here

P.S. Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull can get in the bin, aside from the aliens nonsense it managed to make Cate Blanchett look like a bad actor which is nigh on impossible

@Malo Updating my BIOS seemed to improve my audio experience quite a bit. The world sounds more lively, so I must have had sounds cutting out. A BIOS update fixing audio problems is a new one on me. Never would have even guessed.

Playing a bit more, there's just something off about the maps. They don't have a good flow. I had some decent fights on Rotterdam, but overall it still lacks intensity.

A BIOS update fixing audio problems is a new one on me. Never would have even guessed.
Yeah no idea on the hows and whys, and it affected many games on Frostbyte (only). I could only ever get a single response from EA that they'd look into the issue. A month later got responses on my thread from Ryzen users that the latest AGESA fixed it. The way you described your issue sounded very similar. Glad it solved your issue.

The weapon behavior is completely different to Battlefield 1. In this point the game almost doesn't resemble Battlefield 1 anymore. As far as I can say Battlefield V is the least casual title of this franchise since Battlefield 2 from 2005. For example if the tank is damaged or more ammunition.is needed, the player has to search for these supply stations. But when running on foot the weapon should shake a lot more afterwards. Here one can run for a long time and then the player stops and can aim perfectly. This is too casual in my opinion. Besides the few ground vehicles and the sniper class the missing stamina system is my biggest point of criticism.

The sound is excellent with a home theater with the exception for a few bugs. The best I've ever heard since Alien: Isolation in a game.

My game audio is still broken. I tried playing some more, but it's just too frustrating of an experience. I was lying beside one of my squad mates as he was firing a sniper rifle and his gun wasn't making a noise. I can hear bullet tracers, footsteps, but rarely hear gunfire. Seems like a lot of sound is missing, or something.

Edit:

This is what I'm playing

Edit:
Interesting. If you're using realtek onboard audio this problem has existed since BF4. You can fix it by lowering the audio quality to 16bit in the realtek control panel.

Last edited:
heya! hows about the aircraft? does it allows you to linger and provide close ground support from the air? how about the airspace? is it claustrophobic?

im curious because there's so little amount of air gameplay, and i plays BF series exclusively as a pilot (except in BFBC2).

Back