Formula 1 - 2018 Season

If the team had folded, he would have found himself fighting with other creditors for whatever he could get out of the remaining equity.

Edit: and without a ride. Now if he wasn't getting paid that still might have been better.

If the team had folded, he would have found himself fighting with other creditors for whatever he could get out of the remaining equity.

Edit: and without a ride. Now if he wasn't getting paid that still might have been better.

To me it seems Perez acted with FI management blessing in this case. There are many valid reasons why you would want to put company through administration/bankruptcy prior to sale ...

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/32...st-share-blame-for-sebastian-vettels-mistakes

I found this piece by Mark Hughes interesting. tldr; Vettel doesn't really trust Ferrari race operations (edit) and that is why the mistakes are cropping up.
Well, Ferrari race ops have more often costed them a victory than helped 'em get it, so no wonder.

Meanwhile, ex-Ferrari tech guru Mauro Forghieri thinks it would be better for the team to kick Vettel out and take Kimi + Leclerc for next season than kick Kimi and get Vettel + Leclerc
https://www.formulapassion.it/manifestomotore/mauro-forghieri/f1-voto-raikkonen-leclerc-398844.html

Vettel is signed through 2020.

I'm not a big Vettel fan, but he routinely outperforms Raikkonen. I don't see how that would make any sense. Unless you think Leclerc is a better driver than Vettel

Well, Ferrari race ops have more often costed them a victory than helped 'em get it, so no wonder.

Meanwhile, ex-Ferrari tech guru Mauro Forghieri thinks it would be better for the team to kick Vettel out and take Kimi + Leclerc for next season than kick Kimi and get Vettel + Leclerc
https://www.formulapassion.it/manifestomotore/mauro-forghieri/f1-voto-raikkonen-leclerc-398844.html
I am also not a huge Vettel fan, but we have to be real. As AlphaWolf says, there is a contract (although that doesn't mean anything if Vettel doesn't want to stay but there are no indications of that imho), so if Leclerc is coming in, Kimi is out. Anything else would be a huge shock and effective retirement for Vettel. Or is he going to go to Toro Rosso? Force India? Sauber? Haas? Williams?

Ferrari just needs to sort out their race operations.

It's called the silly season, but Vettel out at Ferrari? Come on, that is Silly.

I am also not a huge Vettel fan, but we have to be real. As AlphaWolf says, there is a contract (although that doesn't mean anything if Vettel doesn't want to stay but there are no indications of that imho), so if Leclerc is coming in, Kimi is out. Anything else would be a huge shock and effective retirement for Vettel. Or is he going to go to Toro Rosso? Force India? Sauber? Haas? Williams?

Ferrari just needs to sort out their race operations.

It's called the silly season, but Vettel out at Ferrari? Come on, that is Silly.
His train of thought was that Kimi being immune to the big Italian emotions would keep the whole team calmer during stress (which we all know Seb isn't that good with)

His train of thought was that Kimi being immune to the big Italian emotions would keep the whole team calmer during stress (which we all know Seb isn't that good with)
I admit I didn't read the article and I agree somewhat, Kimi is cool as ice. But Vettel leaving Ferrari is about as likely as Kubica driving for Williams. Why would they choose Kubica when they can have Ocon and George Russel?

Vettel is signed through 2020.

I'm not a big Vettel fan, but he routinely outperforms Raikkonen. I don't see how that would make any sense. Unless you think Leclerc is a better driver than Vettel
There's a difference though, most of Räikkönen's point losses come from either technical issues or crashes where he was hit by someone else, something out of his control, while Vettel is losing points often due his own actions and mistakes (not just the past few races, same happened last year too etc)

I admit I didn't read the article and I agree somewhat, Kimi is cool as ice. But Vettel leaving Ferrari is about as likely as Kubica driving for Williams. Why would they choose Kubica when they can have Ocon and George Russel?
Funny you should say that, there's plenty of talk about Kubica taking Strolls spot when he leaves to Force India. Interesting times.

(disclaimer: no, I don't personally believe Vettel would get kicked out of Ferrari)

There's a difference though, most of Räikkönen's point losses come from either technical issues or crashes where he was hit by someone else, something out of his control, while Vettel is losing points often due his own actions and mistakes (not just the past few races, same happened last year too etc)

Who can forget what happened in Singapore last year? I can't wait to see if it will happen again.

Funny you should say that, there's plenty of talk about Kubica taking Strolls spot when he leaves to Force India. Interesting times.

(disclaimer: no, I don't personally believe Vettel would get kicked out of Ferrari)
My bold. Yeah. I know and I don't believe it. Polish fans are enraged that we don't believe.

My bold. Yeah. I know and I don't believe it. Polish fans are enraged that we don't believe.

Not all of them ;)

BTW funny thing is, even Kubica himself doesn't want to drive in place of Stroll, it might clash with some plans for future.

So now we have confirmed that Ocon doesn't want straight swap and Williams reserve driver rather not do it too! I bet team will find some young and rich kid to sell him seat till end of this season.

Not all of them ;)

BTW funny thing is, even Kubica himself doesn't want to drive in place of Stroll, it might clash with some plans for future.

So now we have confirmed that Ocon doesn't want straight swap and Williams reserve driver rather not do it too! I bet team will find some young and rich kid to sell him seat till end of this season.
To be perfectly honest, it would be a proper fairytale if Kubica got a drive in F1 again, but I don't see it how the driver market is now. Ocon is too important for Mercedes, they have to find a seat for him.

To be perfectly honest, it would be a proper fairytale if Kubica got a drive in F1 again, but I don't see it how the driver market is now. Ocon is too important for Mercedes, they have to find a seat for him.

Yeah, Ocon showed that he deserves place in F1. That's why Mercedes is willing to even let him off their young driver program to give him a chance in compiting team for a seat.

There are still places at Toro Rosso, Alfa amd Williams, only thing is, only one place uses Mercedes engines and they are looking for a lot of money for it to patch the hole left by loosing Stroll.

Ferrari, Leclerc, Raikkonen, Verstappen, Mercedes

Charles Leclerc's move to Ferrari to replace Kimi Raikkonen next year is done bar an official announcement. Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian)

Thousands of fans have signed an online petition urging Ferrari to retain Raikkonen. (Express)

Raikkonen has been told he will be released when his contract expires at the end of this season. (Fox Sports)

Meanwhile, Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton says Raikkonen will be a great loss to the sport if he leaves F1 at the end of the season. (Grandpx news)

Ferrari, Leclerc, Raikkonen, Verstappen, Mercedes
The Italian media has gone from side to side so many times it's ridiculous, citing everything starting from a body language as a source.
If Kimi was told before Monza that he will be replaced, like the media says, I doubt he would have said "maybe next time" on getting the win that has avoided every single Finnish driver ever on Italian soil so far. Apparently he was also quoted saying "maybe next year" on some interview after the monza gp. Considering he has also said several times that he will end his F1 career at Ferrari, those signal currently far more towards him continuing than quitting

Apparently he was also quoted saying "maybe next year" on some interview after the monza gp. Considering he has also said several times that he will end his F1 career at Ferrari, those signal currently far more towards him continuing than quitting
Or he's contractually obligated to not say anything that will reveal he won't be driving for them next season.

Back