Nvidia Turing Product Reviews and Previews: (Super, TI, 2080, 2070, 2060, 1660, etc)

Someone said that with Deep Learning-supersampling, -upscaling, -frame interpolation etc. it is quite conceivable to see 8k/140+ fps on mainstream hardware because the high pixel load is easier to get than if one would simply calculate it. Tere are tricks in rasterizing too but they also reach their limits at some point.

I can't judge that but I think deep learning etc. will have a great future in gaming. Besides rytracing, that could be a big deal.

Last edited:
My guess is each 2000 card will have a ~25% gain over the 1000 equivalent.
From real world gaming perspective rather than 3D/API benchmark related utilities.
I am going with 40% generally (I think some games will be surprising either side of that though) due to changes to the SM/Cache/graphics pipeline-stages/compiler for traditional modern games not utilising the forward looking features.
But the figure is going to be influenced by resolution and some games with their game-rendering engines implementation, API and whether also testing fudged DX12 games or just those that implemented it well as an example.

What will be interesting is seeing Vulkan extensions coming shortly down the road specific for Turing onwards, but considering not many games support Vulkan more of an interest rather than a game changer.

Kind of. Without anything else going on other than the player walking around.
Jackfrags posted a video (with no new custom footage, because the gamescom playable stuff he was doing is under an embargo), but he said it feels like an extremely early version. For instance, a lot of materials were reflecting light even though they shouldn't in reality, like dry bricks and leaves.

So my guess is that the footage is curated for now because of visual bugs in the implementation.

Jackfrags posted a video (with no new custom footage, because the gamescom playable stuff he was doing is under an embargo), but he said it feels like an extremely early version. For instance, a lot of materials were reflecting light even though they shouldn't in reality, like dry bricks and leaves.
I have no doubt there are issues and that it's very early in implementation. The public won't see it for quite awhile I imagine. From what I've read and listened to so far, most devs only had hardware for a few weeks at most before the event.

It's also a worry to me that there will be no RT implementations in games available for reviewers because of this.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/08/22/nvidia-turing-rtx-2080-performance-target-metro-exodus/

Metro Exodus targeting 60fps 1080p for new Nvidia RTX features.

It's the new Geforce256 folks. But somebody had to do it first I guess. Just like the fixed function H&L back in the day...but this time for $1300 just for a GPU (without factoring in the other PC components) and to play with RT enabled (which barely makes much of a difference to the non trained eye with the current implementations shown) at 1080P and hoping to hit 60fps...What a time to be alive.

RT in Tomb Raider and BFV are unfinished but both where buggy at Gamescom (besides the fps stability, Lara's hair acted funky with RTX On and BFV was all over the place with assets not being reflected at all while others where but shouldn't..)

Last edited:
Nothing new here folks except personal opinions. Reviews can't get here soon enough and hopefully comparisons will be made with competitive products, if any! :D

RT in Tomb Raider and BFV are unfinished but both where buggy at Gamescom (besides the fps stability, Lara's hair acted funky with RTX On and BFV was all over the place with assets not being reflected at all while others where but shouldn't..)
You do realize devs had only 2 weeks to work on the implementation, don't you?

15351314852929me8r.jpg

Hilarious launch so far, and we're still a bit away from launch.

Back