Multiuser 'holographic' table *spawn

That's same crazy-next-gen display tech if as good as it appears there, though not related to unlimited details or voxels AFAICS - should work with conventional graphics.

It's not holographic, it's multiviewer stereoscopic using narrowband colour filters and "eye" tracking (actually glasses tracking). Wonder where they get funding, can't be cheap to construct.

The implication, "shot with an ordinary mobile phone," is that it's a screen you can point a camera at and film with perspective correct presentation, and so a single 3D projection. Are you saying it's rendering multiple viewpoint, one for each user, and presenting that in a multi-view display? I'd consider that misrepresentation.

That's same crazy-next-gen display tech if as good as it appears there, though not related to unlimited details or voxels AFAICS - should work with conventional graphics.
It doesn't look like their "voxel" tech, in fact. That looks like normal polygon graphics, to me.

The graphics in the video seemed to have clear geometrical edges, so I thought they were made out of polygons. However, today I knew about their website (a different one from Euclideon's main website) and I read this:
How Powerful Is It?
It uses an existing 3D algorithm known as Unlimited Detail, which makes it one of the most powerful devices on the planet. It can work with terabytes of data as easily as your home computer can handle gigabytes of data. Tests so far have shown it can run laser scans of entire countries.

https://www.euclideonholographics.com/

:???:

Last edited:
Back