Amazon devices

wco81

Legend
Seems to some excitement about sales for Amazon products, mostly the Echo stuff but also the Fire TV and tablets.

Are they rolling their own SOCs or buying from someone else?

Some of their earlier products weren't known for power but they have price slashing sales.

So they're not very exciting performance wise or in terms of architecture?

I can't tell you to much however the hd10 has a quad core cpu two 1.8ghz cores and two 1.4 cores that run at the same time. The 7/8 tablets have a 1.3ghz quad core . The all seem to use a media tech quad core with the hd10 having 2ghb of ram the hd8 1.5 and the 7 1gb . I have the 10 inch it cost me $100 for a 32 gig storage tablet on prime day. It runs games better than my note 5. The normal prices are $150 , $80 , $50 usd . I also have a 7 inch I got for $25 on prime day that I use as an extended screen for star citzen

The fire tv / cube uses a Amlogic 1.5ghz soc with four cortex a53 cores a mali 450 mp3 gpu , 2 gigs of ram and 8 gigs of storage along with ac support and dolby atmos.

The echo stuff , I dunno what soc it uses but it seems as capable as any google voice stuff. I know there are two SOCs inside each echo. one smaller one that is always on listening for the key word and then another that handles the processing and access to the Amazon cloud stuff

Last edited:
I can't tell you to much however the hd10 has a quad core cpu two 1.8ghz cores and two 1.4 cores that run at the same time. The 7/8 tablets have a 1.3ghz quad core . The all seem to use a media tech quad core with the hd10 having 2ghb of ram the hd8 1.5 and the 7 1gb . I have the 10 inch it cost me $100 for a 32 gig storage tablet on prime day. It runs games better than my note 5. The normal prices are $150 , $80 , $50 usd . I also have a 7 inch I got for $25 on prime day that I use as an extended screen for star citzen

The fire tv / cube uses a Amlogic 1.5ghz soc with four cortex a53 cores a mali 450 mp3 gpu , 2 gigs of ram and 8 gigs of storage along with ac support and dolby atmos.

The echo stuff , I dunno what soc it uses but it seems as capable as any google voice stuff. I know there are two SOCs inside each echo. one smaller one that is always on listening for the key word and then another that handles the processing and access to the Amazon cloud stuff
It looks like Echo also uses a quad core A53, the Mediatek MT8163V.

https://www.microcontrollertips.com/teardown-inside-amazons-echo-dot/

Back