Don't worry, SHE'LL SAVE THE FRISBEE!!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
babytotherescue copy.jpg A neighbor dropped by about a month ago yesterday and asked us if we wanted a dog since his daughter needed to find a home for her 6 mos old puppy. Of course we took her in, but it turns out she'd just turned 5 mos old and is now about 5-1/2 and weighing in at 55lbs of loving fun!

She likes to swim, I can't believe it! Still trying to figure out what breed she is, I'm thinking doberman crossed with irish wolfhound?

Sorry I haven't been around, but life has been a series of crisis needing my attention and the puppy and integrating it in to our menagerie is NOT the easiest thing. I haven't been able to leave my house my in the last month for more than an hour or so for my daughter's doctors appointments and some fun runs to the vet with Molly to get the last of her stitches out, but it's starting to get back to reasonably hellish. :)

Oh, and I started a new medication 2 weeks ago that FUCKED ME UP! Motor control impairment, cognitive disfunction, aggression, anxiety, paranoia, chest pains, weakness; and I had no clue it was a side effect. I never put the two and two together. My wife, daughter, and sister all did for me a few days ago and after being off it for a couple of days now I can actually FEEL my mind coming back and it's freaking wonderful! I was going "Flowers for Algernon" there for a bit but in reverse. :/

Hugs and love, missed everyone terribly! My family is doing well all things considered, and every day is getting a little better as the puppy gets her puppiness a little better under control. (She's an INSANELY smart and capable dog, her only problems right now are due to her being a big puppy...but that'll pass. :) )

Weirdest damn way I've ever gotten a dog before in my life, first time I ever got an animal without my wife's permission since Lulu that she hasn't gotten mad at me...in fact she said if I hadn't taken the dog she would have been pissed at me! LOL

Hugs everyone, see ya soon.

Last edited:
Good doggie is just trying to keep you in shape. ;)
Dude, I know you speak in jest but it is indeed truth you speak! Everyone has been asking me how much weight I've been losing since they say I look so much thinner, but I've been between 200-208 for the last 8 months or so solid.

I have noticed things have gotten lighter and I can move quicker for longer though, also I'm actually starting to develop my arms...like real biceps and everything! Just checked and my moobs have almost disappeared and I'm packing a sexy assed mono-pack.

I really HAVE gotten in a lot better shape the last few months. Granted a lot is due to overwork and stress, but it's a plus none the less.

Just got done power cleaning the pool and then an hour work out playing with Buffy. I'm the only one who can play tug with her in our family now, she can just pull anyone else over. LOL She gets tons of hair and dirt in the pool filter, but it's not that bad...I just haven't cleaned the pool in a while since I've been busy finishing up unfinished projects that needed finishing. (Like putting my wife's Jeep back together after stripping the interior to clean it out after she swamped us sideways in a lake, I just got my car back 2 days ago after about a month and a day without it since I've been totally cleaning the interior of her Jeep)

Fell asleep this morning at 5:30am, got up at 7am to get my daughter up and ready for a CT scan. (Don't fret, nothing big) After that was some running around, followed by pool cleaning, followed by puppy, followed by it being 4:53 and my eyes can't focus and my brain isn't doing the brain-thing so good and I'm thinking I might just go and see how many puppies will join me in bed if I decided to just close my eyes for a few minutes....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I'm at work atm, so need to be quick, but try to make a point of getting 7 hours sleep per night. It's a requisite for your physical, mental, and emotional health.
I don't disagree with you at all, but for a while it's just not an option. Someone has gotta do it, and as usual in our family that falls to me. ;)

It's getting better. Shortly after I posted that last post I fell asleep and didn't get up for 17 hours. Since then I've been sleeping a bit better and getting at least 5-6 hours a night, well no less than a solid 4 at least. :)

That's fair enough mate, I get that needs must.

Nevertheless, put on the below video some time, or download the podcast, and see if it encourages you to make time. Maybe your family will take a little bit of the weight off your shoulders so you can at least have a consistent bedtime?

I will, but not until after Saturday. I found out the other day that my wife is throwing a bachelerete party at our house on Saturday and wants the pool/hot tub/yard/house all perfect for it, and I have trouble right now just keeping up with my daily chores. :|

Got the hot tub leveled yesterday, but it's a bit too high. Not sure if I'm gonna try and drain it and lower it or just build up a quick retaining wall around it, depends on if the plumbing is intact but the breaker fried so I need a new one. Problem: old and obsolete 240v GFI breaker for that panel costs about $120us....I'm pretty sure I could buy a new panel and new/more mainstream/cheaper/better GFI breakers for the same or less and then have better options for when this happens again. (Out of the 5 breakers in the box only one works, and they are all insanely expensive to replace and suck)

A bit labor intensive, but it's something I know how to do and could do fairly quickly I think...it's just I got about a million little things like that to take care of between now and Saturday and my wife still hasn't given me any details on what this shindig is going to involve. Also got tables, chairs, etc lined up from a friend...just need to know about how many and where she plans to hold things and what is going to be going on.

Also, do you think I should play it classy and be a stripping cellist or tropical and be a stripping ukulele player? :|

Got a visit from her old owner today with her new puppy and Buffy's old roomate who couldn't put up with her since she was so pushy. When we got Buffy she was half the size of Bear, I was a little shocked to see them together today and Buffy had a blast!

Sorry for the quality, commentary, and general terribleness...but it was a surprise visit shortly after I woke up but just long enough for a good wake-n-bake and I had just enough time to panic clean my carpets before they got there. Also, I barely remembered to take a video or pictures...glad I did. :)

Back