No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

I loved this game but I found it just sapped my little game time. I may start again after the update as go for the story mode.

I just hope they can give us VR one day, that would be amazing!

I thought I'd give it another go with the last push of updates and the NEXT update. I guess it's made it prettier but it's still got the same fundamental issues it had the first time around, obtuse, boring, and frustrating. It's probably an alright game once you manage to fix your ship and get off the planet, but it's just the beginning that kills it for me. Instantly dying because your radiation shield fails, being told you can't do this and you can't build that. Then being told you need to build something with no explanation of how to do so, or what you need to collect etc. I just don't find playing a game through google at all engaging so I'm giving up for good this time. Game deleted. Which is quite sad because originally I was really looking forward to it.

Posted on ars technica by their editor

Seriously—again, I'm not trying to be shitty or to rub anyone's face in anything here, but HG consistently showed off public demos that exactly reflected the state of the game and what we were going to get when it released. The E3 demo I played in 2015 is damn near exactly likethe released product. With the possible exception of faking some big-ass dinosaurs and staging the nonplayable hype footage on life-rich worlds, what we saw was exactly what we got.

The failure was one of runaway imagination on the part of people anticipating some kind of ultra-game that would Be All Things To All People
Which basically backs up what I’ve said multiple times here before

I've always assumed those people who were really angry were just Star Citizen backers confronted with the reality of a released space game. ;-)

I bought this last week as I wanted to give it a go. Havent played more than a few hours so far. I've enjoyed it for exactly the reason @BoardBonobo hated it. Figuring out how to leave the planet felt like a nice mini achievement. But then I like games that let you noodle around.

I thought I'd give it another go with the last push of updates and the NEXT update. I guess it's made it prettier but it's still got the same fundamental issues it had the first time around, obtuse, boring, and frustrating. It's probably an alright game once you manage to fix your ship and get off the planet, but it's just the beginning that kills it for me. Instantly dying because your radiation shield fails, being told you can't do this and you can't build that. Then being told you need to build something with no explanation of how to do so, or what you need to collect etc. I just don't find playing a game through google at all engaging so I'm giving up for good this time. Game deleted. Which is quite sad because originally I was really looking forward to it.

I don't really remember the start being so difficult? I mean, this type of game was completely new to me (the whole Minecraft, crafting, inventory management etc) I figured out what to do from the game prompts I'm pretty sure, if was a little confusing but to me that was half the fun/challenge.

It's not that difficult but I've noticed the younger gamer want everything delivered on a platter. If you don't like a game don't play it don't try and expect everything to adjust to your tastes. It's like when people bitch and moan about souls games not having a pause function.

I personally like games that make me think for myself. In fact the whole walkthrough or people googling how to get things done is totally against what I would do but that's why there are different types of games for different tastes.

Posted on ars technica by their editor

Which basically backs up what I’ve said multiple times here before
If people believed the game was going to be all things to all people and bought it based off that, then the marketing people will consider that an insane success.

It's not that difficult but I've noticed the younger gamer want everything delivered on a platter. If you don't like a game don't play it don't try and expect everything to adjust to your tastes. It's like when people bitch and moan about souls games not having a pause function.

I personally like games that make me think for myself. In fact the whole walkthrough or people googling how to get things done is totally against what I would do but that's why there are different types of games for different tastes.
Absolutely. As much as I hate it when a game is not intuitive/logic enough, so it seems there's no other choice but to look for help. However, if so many people were able to repair their ships and I haven't read many drastic complaints about this, I naturally thought that BoardBonobo's post was a bit exaggerated. :-S

Maybe he was only 5 then...
Lol, you're such a troll! :D

I started a new game last night to check out all the new additions over the last year or so. Within an hour I was handheld through farming all the needed material to build the things I needed to repair the ship and get into space. Within 2 hours I had gone to another planet and instructed though building my own base.

It's a lot more instructional than first release.

I love a lot of the changes I've seen already, going to spend a lot of time in this again. I know there's a lot more to obtain as well.

do have i to start a new game to make it run fine ? because i tested with my last save but the game is running really bad now.

i'm on ps4 pro, it did not run that bad before, but they added a lot a things though...
i locked it to 30fps so it's less jarring.
And there are a lot of small freezing when travelling in hyperspace or entering planets.

I wonder why they haven't switched to Vulkan yet. Surely that would be a far better experience and open up some more visual opportunities.

Yay, the game finally launched and No Man's Sky is maybe finally out of early access? [/touch_of_sarcasm]

I was jaded on the game after they basically released it in a BETA state, but this looks like a full featured game finally. Now, after hearing my friend's talk about it and consequently watching some people play it, I'm kind of excited for the game again like I was years ago when they first announced the game.

It's nice to see they are following a kind of F2P/B2P model on the game with constant updates and upgrades similar to Warframe. So the graphics have improved and a lot of new content has been added for free.

Looks good. Kind of weird it's still a 60 USD title though.

Regards,
SB

Looks good. Kind of weird it's still a 60 USD title though.
You charge what people are willing to pay. Diablo 3 is £55 on PSN for the latest, greatest version, for a game that's 6 years old. Is the game worth $60 now, regardless what it's been priced before? Hello Games seem to think so based on their sales data.

It's nice to see they are following a kind of F2P/B2P model on the game with constant updates and upgrades similar to Warframe.
Not sure how it's similar to Warframe at all. There's no free version and there's no microtransactions. It's more the opposite of Warframe.

Back