Formula 1 - 2018 Season

Bottas must've been in the worst place when vettel went off and the safety car was deployed. Still the fact it was under the safety car and he was allowed to take his place behind Hamilton before the restart surely wipe out any time he lost.

Are you sure hamilton would have been ahead had Bottas's stop been 3 seconds instead of 16? Bottas was ahead of hamilton when he went to the pit.

The stewards need to step up their game, "Hamilton broke the rules but we'll just say he was a bad boy and be done with it". There's absolutely no consistency of any kind in the stewards decisions, I know the stewards are different from race to race but you should still be able to keep the same line from race to race.
Anyone but Hamilton would have gotten a penalty from it, the stewards need to stop treating him like a princess.

The stewards need to step up their game, "Hamilton broke the rules but we'll just say he was a bad boy and be done with it". There's absolutely no consistency of any kind in the stewards decisions, I know the stewards are different from race to race but you should still be able to keep the same line from race to race.
Anyone but Hamilton would have gotten a penalty from it, the stewards need to stop treating him like a princess.
QFT!

Oh boy, looks like Hamilton is really starting to loose it, now he's talking about divine interventions, how he felt "touch of jesus" and other biblical nonsense :confused:

Oh boy, looks like Hamilton is really starting to loose it, now he's talking about divine interventions, how he felt "touch of jesus" and other biblical nonsense :confused:
That's not new. He's religious and has been open about it before.

Well, it was a somewhat "miraculous" win for Hamilton ... I don't think anyone expected him to win.
Remember Canada 2011? Germany 2018 is similar, IMO. In Canada 2011 (longest race ever or something) Vettel made a mistake at the end of the race and ran wide in the wet and Button overtook Vettel and won the race where he at one point had been last.

Remember Canada 2011? Germany 2018 is similar, IMO. In Canada 2011 (longest race ever or something) Vettel made a mistake at the end of the race and ran wide in the wet and Button overtook Vettel and won the race where he at one point had been last.
And countless other similar races where people won from the bottom, with or without mistakes from others. Most of the time without breaking the rules too, unlike Hamilton

And countless other similar races where people won from the bottom, with or without mistakes from others. Most of the time without breaking the rules too, unlike Hamilton
The FIA nowadays are very careful about taking away a win after the race has ended and when that person has been on the podium and in the press conference. It has to be egregious if they are to do it again.

They took away Hamilton's win in Belgium in 2008 after the race and that caused an uproar.

The FIA nowadays are very careful about taking away a win after the race has ended and when that person has been on the podium and in the press conference. It has to be egregious if they are to do it again.

They took away Hamilton's win in Belgium in 2008 after the race and that caused an uproar.
That's no excuse especially when the winner didn't get penalized during the race only because apparently stewards don't know the rules.
Also there has been plenty of disqualifications after the race in F1 history, which is way more harsh than time penalties or something similar

That's no excuse especially when the winner didn't get penalized during the race only because apparently stewards don't know the rules.
Also there has been plenty of disqualifications after the race in F1 history, which is way more harsh than time penalties or something similar
Seldom for the winner or the top 3 for that matter.

You don't need to go that far back though, Ricciardo was disqualified from 2nd spot in 2014
And Hamilton was disqualified in Australia 2009 after the race.

My point is that it is seldom and the stewards don't want to change the top 3 after the race and especially if it concerns the winner if the infraction isn't egregious. Also that intent and premeditation matters. Technical regulations (which was what Ricciardo was penalised for breaking; fuel flow above permitted limit) are more premeditated than a series of chaotic radio messages about pitting or not pitting.

And Hamilton was disqualified in Australia 2009 after the race.

My point is that it is seldom and the stewards don't want to change the top 3 after the race and especially if it concerns the winner if the infraction isn't egregious. Also that intent and premeditation matters. Technical regulations (which was what Ricciardo was penalised for breaking; fuel flow above permitted limit) are more premeditated than a series of chaotic radio messages about pitting or not pitting.
Didn't they just last season drop Verstappen out from podium after the race twice? sure it was before the actual trophy presentations, but still after the race

Didn't they just last season drop Verstappen out from podium after the race twice? sure it was before the actual trophy presentations, but still after the race
I can't recall. Do you have any more details? I don't want to go look for Verstappen stats, he is too insufferable.

I can't recall. Do you have any more details? I don't want to go look for Verstappen stats, he is too insufferable.
US GP last year was one, Mexico 2016 the other - not within same year like I remembered. In both cases Verstappen crossed the line third but was demoted via time penalties given after the race to 4th

US GP last year was one, Mexico 2016 the other - not within same year like I remembered. In both cases Verstappen crossed the line third but was demoted via time penalties given after the race to 4th
Yeah I remember now, USA 2017 was that controversial move off the track to pass Kimi on the last lap. There just wasn't any time to give the penalty during the race.
In Mexico 2016, Vettel was also penalised after the race. Don't know about the timing there.

I still maintain that stripping someone of a win is a big decision and the infraction has to be serious for it to happen.

Still, you have a point. I had forgotten about these Verstappen incidents so at least placing third doesn't make you immune.

or being Vettel or Verstappen cancells that immunity ? :) (as they had been involved in 'popular' incidents before )

Back