Favorite youtube video

Here's an interesting video, as mentioned in the "what are you listening to now" thread; a documentary about Mayhem, and Varg Vikernes, the man who burned churches and murdered a man in Norway in the early part of the 1990s.

Set aside an hour for it; it's well worth it, especially if you're interested in music, music history and just history in general at this point in time...

I've been looking at some random clips from conventions and whatnot, and there's A LOT of fun stuff to be had. Like, for example:

If you're any kind of sci-fi fan at all, this is a trove worth exploring. Particularly anything with Marina Sirtis speaking (Deanna Troi; ship's therapist and wearer of outfits.) She is - and I did not know this; I had no idea - just extremely funny, with a remarkable sense of observation and ability to describe situations in humorous ways.

Recently released info ...

The video itself wasn't as interesting as the pilot's testimony and it was leaked back in 2007 on abovetopsecret forum, without the voice along with one of the reports, and it was probably on youtube as well before that.

A couple of years back there was a nice detailed article on the same incident,

All through these maneuvers, Dave’s WSO was broadcasting the real-time events of the intercept to Princeton. The radar operators in the E-2 listened on the secure net to what sounded like one of the hundreds of intercepts they had heard over the years. With the notable exception that the aircrew’s voices were more stressed and the verbiage to ID the target was unlike anything they had heard before.

In his debrief comments, Dave, his WSO and the two other crews stated the object had initially been hovering like a Harrier. They described it as uniformly white, about 46 feet long (roughly fighter-sized), having a discernible midline horizontal axis (like a fuselage) but having no visible windows, nacelles, wings or propulsion systems.

https://fightersweep.com/1460/x-files-edition/

Top ranked comment made at the time,

I went to flight school in Pensacola with CDR Fravor's WSO on this flight. (I won't say his name on here.) Heard this story through the Hawkeye grapevine not long after it happened. We were down the hall from VAW-117. I would have thought it was BS if I didn't know the WSO that told the story. Most level headed guy you'll ever know. Smart as hell. He described it as a giant, flying Tylenol that could stop on a dime from super sonic speeds.

The other report they were able to obtain,

https://coi.tothestarsacademy.com/nimitz-report/

That drastic change of momentum is certainly the most interesting thing about these things, I doubt they haven't been seen more often for they can very likely cause issues for pilots when even antimatter sprites were too much,

As I said, people reported sprites at least a hundred years ago, and they have probably been observed occasionally since the dawn of time. However, they’re far easier to see if you’re above the clouds – pilots often do.

Pilots also learned not to talk about it, because nobody listened. Military and commercial pilots have to pass periodic medical exams known as ‘flight physicals’, and there was a suspicion that reporting glowing red cephalopods in the sky might interfere with that. Generally, you had to see the things that were officially real (whether they were really real or not), and only those things.

Sprites became real when someone recorded one by accident on a fast camera in 1989.

https://westhunt.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/son-of-low-hanging-fruit/

It will be interesting to see what Elizondo and others can provide further.

Just looking at random YouTube videos when I ran across this.

Fairly boring until about the 3 minute mark.

Basically conventional batteries, really safe. Li-ion batteries? Wow, I did not really comprehend before just how dangerous they could be if punctured or damaged.

Regards,
SB

Basically conventional batteries, really safe. Li-ion batteries? Wow, I did not really comprehend before just how dangerous they could be if punctured or damaged.

Regards,
SB
Yup. The increased energy density definitely increases the risk of fire (or explosion).

This was prime time t.v when I was a kid
be interesting to hear what people who've never heard of this program before think of it

This was prime time t.v when I was a kid
be interesting to hear what people who've never heard of this program before think of it
I just watched it. I didn't know this show. Pretty funny.

I don't think present day writers could write some of these jokes without thinking it twice, and even if they did, I'm not sure the show could be aired, either. :D Political correctness can act more like senseless censorship, these days. In this show I didn't see any jokes that couldn't be interpreted as an actual criticism of racism (addressed to both black and white people), actually, but you know, sometimes it seems that the mere fact of addressing certain issues from a comical perspective it's not acceptable in nowadays media. And no, I'm not talking about racist jokes: I'm talking about joking about racism.

I've been a big fan of Lindsay Ellis' videos for some months now, and I really, really like her latest: a YouTube video about YouTube.

I'm frustrated more and more by video publishers on YouTube that render their 21:9 cinematic widescreen videos to a 16:9 container with black bars and then upload it. It's stupid.

So The Verge posted a "how to build a custom PC" video" a few days back. I discovered it from the reaction videos and it's terrible. I'm not going to post the original here as they don't deserve any views for it, so here's one of the reaction videos instead for amusement:

Regards,
SB
that explains why about a week ago a tablet caused havoc in Madrid's metro after exploding. Nobody got hurt, but people was scared because they thought there was a fire in the metro

Back