Formula 1 - 2018 Season

Not a terribly exciting race in Montreal. Vettel takes over the points lead with Hamilton's relatively poor showing (considering his 6 wins in mtl).

Poor Alonso. Wouldn't be surprised if after three years of horror at McLaren, RBR will end up with a better engine than Renault next year.

At least he won Le Mans. Though I'm sure that must feel like a slightly hollow victory as well given there was no competition and all they has to do was finish.

Hopefully he can do the Indy 500 this year.

At least he won Le Mans. Though I'm sure that must feel like a slightly hollow victory as well given there was no competition and all they has to do was finish.
Toyota had no competition, but the car sure did from the other Toyota car, so they still had to do some honest effort. At least I don't think there was team order (the car with Alonso wasn't actually leading all the race neither, in the first half the other car was faster), other than the strict order to not crash into each other :).

Red Bull Racing has announced they are using Honda engines in 2019 and 2020.
They will still keep the name Aston Martin Red Bull Racing, but engines probably won't be branded "Tag Heuer" after the switch

Well I personally think a crash like this one was pretty hard to avoid by either party! But Bottas certainly helped his team more with the crash than Vettel did ...

It was Vettel's fault and he got a penalty for it. Maybe the penalty should have been bigger?

Clearly a racing incident, Vettel locked up and hit Bottas, who didn't leave any room for maneuvres.

Penalizing anyone is just silly.

Cheers

Austrian GP today.
With 3 DRS zones becoming the "norm", I think they should completely rework the system - let the drivers use DRS anywhere they want, put 1 detection zone per sector and if you're within 1 sec from the guy in front of you in the detection zone, you can use DRS as much as you want in that sector.
It would create more overtaking opportunities and more importantly more "hero to zero" moments where overeager drivers would find themselves embedded in the nearest tire wall because they thought they could make the corner with wing open

Well Bottas lost hydraulic pressure in his gearbox and Hamilton had a fuel pressure problem, neither of which down to the engine.

Clearly a bit ahead though now, so it's spiced things up until Ferrari can catch up a bit.

They are only 'ahead' if the reliability issue is a one off and I doubt they are reassured by it being different issues retiring their cars.
Having the better car and trailing (in constructors and driver standings) doesn't always work well in F1.

It was a great race to watch and retirements are part of F1 since beginning. Fast cars by default are pushing envelope, so things can go wrong. Ferrari was the best car tyre wise and hot temperatures helped them a lot. Mercedes would probably have to stop twice anyway, but racing in clean air might have helped prolong tyre life, but still, it would be difficult for Lewis to hold on to P1.

I'm happy with how this championship is shaping up and really looking forward to the next race, as I will be watching it live from Abbey grandstand! :)

I wonder where are the haters went...

By the way, how whiny can B.A. Baracus' British cousin aka LuLu aka Lil' Lew get? The guy makes tens of millions a year, you'd think he could keep his whining until after the race. And why is he supposedly always losing power whenever he's not ahead?

I wonder where are the haters went...

By the way, how whiny can B.A. Baracus' British cousin aka LuLu aka Lil' Lew get? The guy makes tens of millions a year, you'd think he could keep his whining until after the race. And why is he supposedly always losing power whenever he's not ahead?

To answer your last part of the question, my thinking is, that's when he is really pushing and running out of battery during a lap.

Back