Ghost of Tsushima [PS4], Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut [PS4, PS5]

Some new gif on the second day Ghost Tsuhima panel

IaW2zsu.gif

M5nbrU4.gif

cldOQuF.gif[

Last edited:
This and the other 2 major games from the show look so good that I cant help it but expect a downgrade. I downloaded the HQ quality videos from gamersyde and played them on my TV and I cant believe this is running on PS4.

After so many downgrades we experienced this generation these visuals and presentation are just way too good to be true. I almost got the KZ2 target render demo vibes I had back in 2005 from them. The games are outstandingly cinematic and so detailed they feel like scripted demos or CG videos made to look like games.

This and the other 2 major games from the show look so good that I cant help it but expect a downgrade. I downloaded the HQ quality videos from gamersyde and played them on my TV and I cant believe this is running on PS4.

After so many downgrades we experienced this generation these visuals and presentation are just way too good to be true. I almost got the KZ2 target render demo vibes I had back in 2005 from them. The games are outstandingly cinematic and so detailed they feel like scripted demos or CG videos made to look like games.

but downgrades tend to happen only with multiplats first demoed on buffy PCs.
Here the hardware is fixed and known for years, they know what power they have to deal with.

but downgrades tend to happen only with multiplats first demoed on buffy PCs.
Here the hardware is fixed and known for years, they know what power they have to deal with.
There was a tiny downgrade in God of War and these look so good that I wonder if Sony is bullshitting us with dev kits to keep the hype going. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that these games are running on PS4 with such great quality and stable framerate. The gap between these games and other third party games is large. I dont understand how they pulled it off

It's not just good art like in your standard well polished AAA, it's beyond that because there's a poetic feeling in any of these gifs...

Usually, you get that in indie games or some japanese games. I'm impressed.

To me, they all look like scenes from a pre rendered cgi cutscene of a late ps2 game. Its certainly a very different aesthetic from other current games.

Some new gif on the second day Ghost Tsuhima panel
Incredible visuals, I love the volumetric clouds, self shadowing weed field and the sheer density of everything.

This is quite a leap over Second Son, SuckerPunch is one heck of a talented studio that's for sure.

Its too good looking even for that. It makes the Pro look like an X plus some extra juice

Like I said I know someone working for Kojima Production in Amsterdam and all the team can improve their engine for PS4 Pro. From what he told me GG can do a little more with base PS4 after HZD and much more with PS4 Pro.

And I am french and I know someone working as an artist for Quantic Dreams. For him the best team on Sony side from a technical side of view is Naughty Dog and second best Guerrilla Games.

EDIT: I had a PS4 and since one September 2017 I play on Ps4 Pro.

Like I said I know someone working for Kojima Production in Amsterdam and all the team can improve their engine for PS4 Pro. From what he told me GG can do a little more with base PS4 after HZD and much more with PS4 Pro.
I was talking about the Ghost of Tsushima

I think these clips are just really well selected. Everything looks great when it's bathed in long shadows and bokeh shapes. Both of these things are incredibly effective tools for hiding artificiality. There's not really that much going on otherwise. Looking at the hyper detailed version of Manhatten in Spider-man, why is it so hard to believe that SP nailed the look of a bunch of landscapes?

Given the nature of open world games with day night cycles, you should probably expect a signicantly less impressve looking game at noon.

Last edited:
I think these clips are just really cleverly selected. Everything looks great when it's bathed in dramatic lighting and bokeh shapes. There's not really that much going on otherwise. Looking at the hyper detailed version of Manhatten in Spider-man, why is it so hard to believe that SP nailed the look of a bunch of landscapes?

Given the nature of open world games with day night cycles, I'd expect a signicantly less impressve looking game at noon.

If they do like Guerrilla games for HZD and alter the lighting cycle to only have good looking lighting situation it will never be the case.

Back