The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2018 edition

Very solid conference. Great number of quality titles and the new studios are a pretty big stepup for MS. My favorite MS E3 conference from the last few years. 9/10

Needed less game pass and something really mindblowing (like Cyberpunk gameplay demo instead of just trailer) :)

And that's a wrap … leading back to the Booty Drop hype music.

I'll be looking for a definite list of games shown in the Xbox Game Pass and the ID@Xbox section of the show. There were so many different games in those trailers.

Announcing they are working on the next Xbox console.

Didn't he say something like "next consoles" or "next hardware"? I still hope for a more powerful entry SKU replacing the S.

Was a very generic statement TBH, maybe just a hedge in case Sony actually says something about Ps5.

The biggest thing I've taken from this conference.

Microsoft (the corporate entity and investors) has enough confidence in the Xbox platform (Windows and Console) that they've increased Phil Spencer's budget for the gaming division.

This has resulted in increased focus on first party (4 new first party studios acquired), increased budget for first party titles, and the go ahead to start work on the next console.

Regards,
SB

Cyberpunk is most likely 2020, it's good that we finally got a trailer for it though, I trust CDPR to make this really good :)

Come on, let's not start bickering now. Please behave like adults.

Microsoft (the corporate entity and investors) has enough confidence in the Xbox platform (Windows and Console) that they've increased Phil Spencer's budget for the gaming division.

That may be true, however much of the cost may have been covered by diverting spending from other things.

Cyberpunk is most likely 2020, it's good that we finally got a trailer for it though, I trust CDPR to make this really good :)
The Witcher was 2015? Yeah.. five years.

Sadly, this could be the case.

Microsoft really needed to step up it's first party game. Right now there isn't really anything big coming apart from yearly iterations of forza games + Halo and Gears.

About as good of a conference as MS could've had. No BS on what's exclusive and launch exclusive etc., showed lots of games and their commitment to their first-party studios. Phil's steering the ship in the right direction.

No big surprises for me, except the acquisition of Ninja Theory; that's a good pick up for MS. I kind of suspected DMC5 to be announced, but didn't expect it on MS' conference tbh.

Back