What music are you listening to right now?

Auri, new band from Nightwish's Tuomas Holopainen and Troy Donockley, joining them as singer is Tuomas's wife Johanna Kurkela
Interesting, I'll have to give it a good listen. Tuomas is an amazing artist and could be a nice alternative side project. Thanks!

edit: ok definitely not for me.

During my venture into lots of new bands and music thanks to moving to Google Play instead of solely my own owned music, this is something I listen to almost daily at some point. So I ended up buying it anyway. Just really resonates with me of late.

Realms by Darkher

Last edited:
Metallica played 2 gigs in Finland this week and as expected Trujillo & Hammett did their cover-duo on both nights. On the first gig they had Michael Monroe come and sing Dead, Jail or Rock'n'Roll as the cover, but the latter gig had something very special: Trujillo actually sang in Finnish! They did old classic called Rappiolla from Hassisen Kone and Trujillo actually sang extremely well despite the fact that obviously he has no idea about Finnish language

Metallica played 2 gigs in Finland this week and as expected Trujillo & Hammett did their cover-duo on both nights. On the first gig they had Michael Monroe come and sing Dead, Jail or Rock'n'Roll as the cover, but the latter gig had something very special: Trujillo actually sang in Finnish! They did old classic called Rappiolla from Hassisen Kone and Trujillo actually sang extremely well despite the fact that obviously he has no idea about Finnish language
Lots of Ismo Alanko during the weekend, so here's original from that Rappiolla, as performed by Hassisen Kone (which of Ismo was the singer of)

Matt Gray's been crowdfunding some albums with remakes of classic and legendary C64 music, including his own, imho best C64 music, Last Ninja 2 soundtrack.

Be warned, the physical formats haven't been released yet due to Matt focussing on the music first, so I wouldn't order them unless you are prepared to wait. Just go digital and listen to the music :)

http://files.c64audio.com/reformation.html
https://c64audio.com/pages/reformation-2-pre-order-kickstarter-additional-page

Here's a review of R2 but mentions R1 too
https://www.vintageisthenewold.com/review-reformation-2-the-new-c64-remix-album-by-matt-gray/

edit: full disclosure, I've backed these projects :)

Last edited:
Turmion Kätilöt got couple tracks in English on their newest album Universal Satan which has been playing non-stop here

Sometimes when talking to people the subject of favourite album comes up
and when they tell me theirs the first question I ask is "what's it about"
I often get a strange look as if i've asked a stupid question
but lets face it most albums (if I could compare them to literature) would be
a collection of short stories about love and dancing I prefer something more akin to a novel
hence why I'm a sucker for concept albums.
This is what my favourite album is about

The Wall is a rock opera that explores abandonment and isolation, symbolised by a wall. The songs create an approximate storyline of events in the life of the protagonist,
Pink (who is introduced in the songs "In the Flesh?" and "The Thin Ice"), a character based on Syd Barrett as well as Roger Waters,
whose father was killed during the Second World War. Pink's father also dies in a war ("Another Brick in the Wall (Part 1)"),
which is where Pink starts to build a metaphorical "wall" around him. Pink is oppressed by his overprotective mother ("Mother") and
tormented at school by tyrannical, abusive teachers ("The Happiest Days of Our Lives"). All of these traumas become metaphorical "bricks in the wall" ("Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)").
The protagonist eventually becomes a rock star, his relationships marred by infidelity, drug use, and outbursts of violence.
He finally becomes married and is about to complete his "wall" ("Empty Spaces"). While touring in America, he brings a groupie home after learning of his wife's infidelity.
Ruminating on his failed marriage, he trashes his room and scares the groupie away in a violent fit of rage. ("One of My Turns").
As his marriage crumbles ("Don't Leave Me Now"), he dismisses everyone he's known as "just bricks in the wall" ("Another Brick in the Wall (Part 3)")
and finishes building his wall ("Goodbye Cruel World"), completing his isolation from human contact.

Hidden behind his wall, Pink becomes severely depressed ("Hey You") and starts to lose all faith ("Vera").
In order to get him to perform, a doctor medicates him ("Comfortably Numb").
This results in a hallucinatory on-stage performance where he believes that he is a fascist dictator performing at concerts similar to Neo-Nazi rallies
("The Show Must Go On"), at which he sets brownshirts-like men on fans he considers unworthy ("In the Flesh").
Upon realizing the horror of what he has done ("Waiting for the Worms"), Pink becomes overwhelmed and wishes for everything around him to cease ("Stop").
Showing human emotion, he is tormented with guilt and places himself on trial ("The Trial"), his inner judge ordering him to "tear down the wall",
opening Pink to the outside world ("Outside the Wall").
The album turns full circle with its closing words "Isn't this where ...", the first words of the phrase that begins the album, "... we came in?",
with a continuation of the melody of the last song hinting at the cyclical nature of Waters' theme.

Sometimes when talking to people the subject of favourite album comes up
and when they tell me theirs the first question I ask is "what's it about"
I often get a strange look as if i've asked a stupid question
but lets face it most albums (if I could compare them to literature) would be
a collection of short stories about love and dancing I prefer something more akin to a novel
hence why I'm a sucker for concept albums.
You should give Silentium: Sufferion - Hamartia of Prudence a shot

Is it a concept album ?
A type of concept album, yes. It's has an "act" before each song with the whole album telling one bigger coherent story
Also Nightwish's Imaginaerum and possibly couple other albums would qualify I think

Ive listened to a bit of then quite like them your vid is a bad example imho
Silentium? It's supposed to be playlist with the whole album, dunno how those work with embedding though
In case it doesn't at all:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgTRt5hL14piHA84sQjWcTMn2DHCITpQI

Listening to Hail Spirit Noir again. A marriage of black metal, prog and Mr Bungle-esque cacophonies with a satanic theme. Strangely alluring.

Back