Formula 1 - 2018 Season

Even Red Bull is getting tired of his bs. He has no place in F1, try Destruction Derby.

Though then again, Vettel & Ferrari did all they could to ruin Kimi's race, so something good in it it..

You have a RB source saying such a thing or are you imaging things again?

It's not like you have to search hard to find footage of Vettel or Hamilton crashing into other people in a much more deliberate manner.

Your preference. I love it !

These last two races were great entertainment. Lots of action all over the track. Its good to see there are now 2 ~ 3 teams that can fight for wins.

Unless your name is @Kaotik of course, then any race that doesn't have Kimi finish #1, #2 and #3 at the same team is a disaster for which only others are to blame. @Billy Idol seems to think racing is driving around in your Prius. We wouldn't want to see anybody overtake or come within 50 meters of each other. That could be dangerous! Oh and calling F1 a soap while claiming Vettels championship could have been ruined at just the third race in the season... cringe.

Ricciardo won the race. Verstappen was in front of him before his two mistakes. Saying he threw away the win is a statement of the facts as much as anything else.

Finnish sources don't tell me anything. Who knows what liberties they took with the translation.

Horner certainly didn't say anything like being fed up with verstappen in the post race interview.

Ricciardo won the race. Verstappen was in front of him before his two mistakes. Saying he threw away the win is a statement of the facts as much as anything else.

Finnish sources don't tell me anything. Who knows what liberties they took with the translation.

Horner certainly didn't say anything like being fed up with verstappen in the post race interview.
It was actually Helmut Marko, not Horner. Apparently original english
There was a victory for him on the table, but he gave it away.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/135408/marko-verstappen-threw-away-win-with-clash

Sure there's some "balancing" praise afterwards, but team representatives avoid saying such negatives if they're happy or even just content with the driver

Ricciardo's racecraft is hugely impressive. His overtakes are so well measured.

Verstapen has started 57 races yet makes the same mistake as Gasly, who's started seven.

Speaking of wasted experience, how did Ferrari and Merc not react to at least pit one car under safety? Red Bull managed two!

What a wild race. Mercedes pulls a trick on Ferrari with the first pit stops, Ferrari ends up unwittingly helping Kimi by screwing him over with his first stop, and Red Bull just out executes everyone.

Again all I'm reading is a statement of the facts but I fail to see how RB is in any way saying they are fed up with verstappen. Care to explain?
Teams don't like to criticize their drivers with such straight words if everything is ok even if they blew the race? Are you new to F1?

That was a fantastic race, Danny Ric is such a star and those overtakes were sublime. Great teamwork by RBR getting Daniel's car ready for qualifying and then doing 2 double pit stops. Daniel is surgical, Verstappen is chaotic.

Teams don't like to criticize their drivers with such straight words if everything is ok even if they blew the race? Are you new to F1?
"Fed up with" tends to mean something more like "trying to get rid of him" than "a bit annoyed". RB leadership don't really have anything else they can say, Verstappen himself admitted he was at fault. If the leadership then started trying to defend what he did, they'd look stupid.

Also, you don't need to be quite so hard on the guy. It's thought that the decision-making process in the brain hasn't fully developed until the mid-20s, with teens and young adults having more influence from the emotional part of their brain. Most racing drivers seem to make better decisions and calm down as they age, which is a combination of experience and generally growing up.

Verstapen has started 57 races yet makes the same mistake as Gasly, who's started seven.
Gasly/Hartley actually said it was some communication problem. Hartley wanted to let Gasly pass (due to team strategy), but after the corner, whereas Gasly was thinking he was leaving him enough space going into the corner...

Speaking of wasted experience, how did Ferrari and Merc not react to at least pit one car under safety? Red Bull managed two!
Two would have been impossible for Ferrari and Merceds (since the SC was announced too late for Vettel and Bottas) but yes they should have pitted their other drivers. They admitted as much, but at that time they thought it's not worthwile losing positions.

What a wild race. Mercedes pulls a trick on Ferrari with the first pit stops, Ferrari ends up unwittingly helping Kimi by screwing him over with his first stop, and Red Bull just out executes everyone.
I am still puzzled how Bottas managed to overtake Vettel on the first pit stop. How comes he is suddenly 3 seconds faster on the one lap on new medium tyres versus Vettel on old soft tyres?

I am still puzzled how Bottas managed to overtake Vettel on the first pit stop. How comes he is suddenly 3 seconds faster on the one lap on new medium tyres versus Vettel on old soft tyres?
The soft tyres had already been used to set fast laps in Q2 on Saturday. Both Merc and Ferrari were doing ~1:39 laps on Soft tyres, and they were all around 1:37 after. Before the pit stops, Bottas was about 3.4 seconds behind Vettel.

On their respective when they actually entered the pits: Bottas was about 0.4 seconds faster than Vettel
In the pits: Bottas was about 0.9 seconds seconds faster than Vettel
Bottas was 2.4 seconds faster on his out-lap than the full lap Vettel did before he pitted.
That gives about 3.8 seconds gain over those few laps.

Even Red Bull is getting tired of his bs. He has no place in F1, try Destruction Derby.

Though then again, Vettel & Ferrari did all they could to ruin Kimi's race, so something good in it it..

Have to laugh at the way Ferrari treat Kimi. Completely ruined his race (or not as the case may be) just so Bottas could be slowed down by a second or so.

I think the balance between faults due to failing hardware and failing driver is not nearly restored for Verstappen just yet. ;) I think overall the team did great.

Oh and I am secretly a Vettel fan. But Verstappen is showing great promise so far and he has a great teammate in Ricciardo too. It’s nice to see Mercedes failing to exert dominance, though secretly you can’t help worrying that they’re just throwing the game in order to prevent changes to the rules.

I think the balance between faults due to failing hardware and failing driver is not nearly restored for Verstappen just yet. ;) I think overall the team did great.

Oh and I am secretly a Vettel fan. But Verstappen is showing great promise so far and he has a great teammate in Ricciardo too. It’s nice to see Mercedes failing to exert dominance, though secretly you can’t help worrying that they’re just throwing the game in order to prevent changes to the rules.
Currently Verstappen is kinda similar to how Grosjean was: There's raw speed, but man, stop and think for a moment and you wouldn't crash 50% of times you're anywhere near another car. Grosjean learned only after he got suspended, will Verstappen learn before he gets suspended (or after if it happens)?
And no, not saying that Grosjeans and Verstappends speed are equal, just that Grosjean had similar traits Verstappen has now

This made me smile, more relevant if you know who Martin Brundle is or follow Sky Sports.
On his Paddock walk before the race he bumped into Lisa Su, of course he did not know who she was and was surprised with all the back passes she had :)
And she is quite a humble person.

In his defense it is quite manic doing the walk and for him to bump into random people asking if they are having a good time/who they are with and his conversations are always brief even if famous stars, however this time he was lost for words as I am sure he realised he bumped into someone quite important but could not work out how.
Still, quite funny as I am sure afterwards some are teasing him about this :)

Last edited:
Still, quite funny as I am sure afterwards some are teasing him about this :)
No, I don't think so. If the sponsor isn't buying a team, building a circuit or somehow involved in racing past pure sponsorship, why would he know who Lisa Su is? Can you, off the top of your head, name the CEO of Shell? They are a sponsor too.

You are just biased because of your interest and knowledge of the tech industry.

Still, it was a funny moment. :)

Who knows, maybe Martin is running Ryzen Threadripper system which he personally build using custom water loop as a hobby?
Just joking, but it is a remote possibility.

No, I don't think so. If the sponsor isn't buying a team, building a circuit or somehow involved in racing past pure sponsorship, why would he know who Lisa Su is? Can you, off the top of your head, name the CEO of Shell? They are a sponsor too.

You are just biased because of your interest and knowledge of the tech industry.

Still, it was a funny moment. :)
Oh I agree and get that as he would not know many CEOs (why I mentioned in his defense), but for me it was priceless when he was lost for words because he realised she must be important but could not relate in what way :)
However such commentators are usually up on who the sponsors are (company wise anyway), which is why he was probably thrown.
And pretty sure not many CEOs are quite as humble as she was when he chatted to her.

Back