What console did you get and did 1P impact your decision

What console do you own and did 1st parties impact your decision, check all that apply

• Total voters

MrFox

Deludedly Fantastic
Legend
Simple poll. Because everybody love polls.

Edit: it's about impacting a purchase decision. Any first parties present, or announced, or expected, or simply hoped for at the time of purchase. Canceled or delayed titles count because you expected them. Expecting a studio, or a favorite director, must be working on their next title.

Last edited:
It needs clarifying, do the "1st parties mattered" options only mean the titles that were out at the time of purchase, or the titles announced (which may later be discontinued) promised, or one's expectations of what we'd eventually see? Because I've bought PS before on the expectation of the exclusives even if there were no exclusives at the time on my radar.

A follow up poll, or response from voters, would be if they expect the same behaviour with future consoles.

Also, isn't the Nintendo option kinda redundant. ;)

I used to have PS4 but I gave it away. Now days only gaming on PC. Only reason for me to buy consoles is exclusives out of which I like Sony best. Uncharted and horizon were really amazing and afaik. there is nothing like those games on PC. I guess tomb raider could check some boxes but I quite don't like the latest tomb raider iterations.

I'm not sure of the exact distinction between the two options per console. 1st party could be a factor in my choice without it being an important factor compared to others. So which option is for it being a consideration, but not what ultimately made me choose to buy the console?

This is theoretical, BTW. I bought both a PS4 and and Xbox and exclusives are a major reason why since I play muliplats on PC whenever possible.

Oh great. I realize I forgot about those who need all three for their job.

passive aggressive commentary
How would anyone say 1st party doesn't factor? I guess there are people who just buy Madden and COD every year?

I went Sony and Nintendo for exclusives. I was very close to getting an Xbox for exclusives but with Xbox Play Anywhere Microsoft made PC a viable choice for me.

What if there is only 1 First Party Title that made your decision? My real answer is First Parties do not matter for Sony because I have negative interest in all the other Sony First Party titles (hate them). ... But there was Awsum Robo Dinos. RAWR!

I went Sony and Nintendo for exclusives. I was very close to getting an Xbox for exclusives but with Xbox Play Anywhere Microsoft made PC a viable choice for me.

But you're buying into the Xbox Eccosystem, even if the hardware is a PC. :cool:

What if there is only 1 First Party Title that made your decision? My real answer is First Parties do not matter for Sony because I have negative interest in all the other Sony First Party titles (hate them). ... But there was Awsum Robo Dinos. RAWR!
There are no choice about why you didn't buy something. Only select the consoles you own.

If you would have bough xyz regardless of it's 1P, but still appreciate some, that would make them unimportant in your choice, I guess?

And if only one game was the reason you bought it, that's certainly buying because of 1P.

Last edited:
There are no choice about why you didn't buy something. Only select the consoles you own.

If you would have bough xyz regardless of it's 1P, but still appreciate some, that would make them unimportant in your choice, I guess?

And if only one game was the reason you bought it, that's certainly buying because of 1P.

I do own a 4Pro. Hence my question.

But does 1 out of 10,000+ exclusives make a statistical difference? The answer should round down to No.

I do own a 4Pro. Hence my question.

But does 1 out of 10,000+ exclusives make a statistical difference? The answer should round down to No.
It's not about stats, it's about the decision process, the sales impact. If awesome robot dino didn't exist, would you still have bought a pro?

I think anyone should be of Envy if all they needed was 1 game an entire generation. With 3000 hour invested into a single title, that person would be averaging about a 15c or less per hour of entertainment. One could easily argue doing above 3000 hours for some titles. Like closer to 8000 hours with the right game.

Back