Accurate Human Rendering in Game [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, that's the extension of the tech that Ninja Theory pioneered together with Epic, enabling them to see near-finished performance of Melina in Hellblade.

Real time human girl
nice esp the eyes but for some odd reason it looks like the lips arent syncing with the voice exactly, but that can't be right as I assume that would be one of the first things they would of gotten right

Honestly, the video posted by Karamazov is impressive but the girl is disappointing. You can clearly see it's CGI in less than one second...

Honestly, the video posted by Karamazov is impressive but the girl is disappointing. You can clearly see it's CGI in less than one second...
I agree, few seconds was all it took to shatter the illusion. Anything less than perfect is instantly noticeable.

For now, it's better to stick to slightly stylized humans or art styles. That helps a lot, immediately showing viewers that they are looking at lifelike but not real characters [U4, Order, Detroit etc].

Which is actually a good thing. Because, I realised the other day with the realtime raytracing progress, the moment we can produce content indistinguishable from reality is the moment we can't believe a single thing we see on a screen. Governments and the mega-rich and uber-crims will be able to go full-fat Running Man for real with machine-learned 3D modelling and composites and photo-accurate rendering.

The hair and eye give it away immediately. Tho bald space marines next gen would look almost indistinguishable from real actors.

But would you be able to easily spot the difference if you did not have a reference shot of a real thing? Yes hair looks different, but without reference shot, it could go unnoticed.

Those who did the CGI character in Blade Runner 2049 said its not as hard to get a photorealistic image in comparison to get believable animations.

Video about that:

Last edited:
Those who did the CGI character in Blade Runner 2049 said that the animations are the hardest.

Video about that:
Rachel was absolutely stunning. It was the first time I couldn't tell CGI from a real person. I mean, I though "this is no CG, so how did they do it? Make up? How?"

Rachel was absolutely stunning. It was the first time I couldn't tell CGI from a real person. I mean, I though "this is no CG, so how did they do it? Make up? How?"

Yeah, I think it was the best I've seen so far. It was much more realistic than Rogue One but it was only a short performance. One problem was that you know it can't be real because she must have grown considerably older between these two movies.

Yeah, I think it was the best I've seen so far. It was much more realistic than Rogue One but it was only a short performance. One problem was that you know it can't be real because she must have grown considerably older between these two movies.
Exactly, I knew that it couldn't be her and that no make up would achieve that, so I knew it had to be CG, but I just couldn't believe it was so real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back