Chrome bookmarks hell

Mize

3dfx Fan
Legend
Really need some help here as Firefox and Safari don't do it for me but Chrome is unusable if I login to sync my bookmarks because of a long-ago Chrome importing of bookmarks.

Essentially, Chrome at some point synchronized or imported about ten thousand duplicate bookmarks. If I login and go through literally hours of deleting them they just reappear every time. I really don't want to have a chrome login that isn't the same as my main google login so I'm hoping someone knows how to just kill every bookmark in every instance of Chrome so that it won't sync and create thousands of bookmarks.

Help!

Essentially, Chrome at some point synchronized or imported about ten thousand duplicate bookmarks.
I have that shit as well. I thought it was iCloud which was creating duplicate sets of folders (and sometimes bookmarks, some sets of folders are empty, some have only one bookmark in them, some are fully duplicated); it drove me absolutely buggo so I turned off iCloud bookmark synching (and deleted the addon which enables the functionality), killed all the extraneous folders, only to have them all come back again.

So it isn't iCloud. It must be fucking chrome that's doing it on its own. Damned if I know why tho. Or how to stop it. :/

Back