Shadow of the Colossus (Remake 2018) [PS4]

no ! last time i played it was 2005, so i'm very happy to play this remake.
In my opinion the original game aged badly even if the magic still remains, and this remake is perfect for another playthrough !

no ! last time i played it was 2005, so i'm very happy to play this remake.
In my opinion the original game aged badly even if the magic still remains, and this remake is perfect for another playthrough !
Then please read this thread since the beginning and reread after that what you just said... You'll understand. :cool:

They're video games. The visual aesthetics matter. Obviously not to everybody though.

That’s a crap argument. They are more than video of course. There is inherently an interactive element you ignore by claiming they are video. It’s like claiming a meal sucks because it looks better on the menu but you haven’t even eaten it yet.

Derp.

That’s a crap argument. They are more than video of course. There is inherently an interactive element you ignore by claiming they are video. It’s like claiming a meal sucks because it looks better on the menu but you haven’t even eaten it yet.

Derp.
He didn't say they are just "video", he said "video games". He said that video was an important part, not all. He didn't deny the interactive part, neither in an explicit nor in an implicit way.

He didn't say they are just "video", he said "video games". He said that video was an important part, not all. He didn't deny the interactive part, neither in an explicit nor in an implicit way.

And not a soul here has ever implied the “video” aspect is irrelevant.

True, but if you think he had a wrong assumption, I don't think the best way to reply is doing exactly the same.

His reply was downplaying and ignoring the argument that a game has to be felt to understand the whole vision. He counters with video.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i'm sorry but i don't understand what you mean ? could you enlighten me ?
This thread has become a true battle of opinions regarding the "new" looks of this game. The fact that you said "This remake looks so good, it's the original game sublimated" could look like a direct attack/reference to OCASM's opinion and like you're making fun of what this thread has become. Not in a bad way, per se. I found it quite funny, in fact. :LOL:

This thread has become a true battle of opinions regarding the "new" looks of this game. The fact that you said "This remake looks so good, it's the original game sublimated" could look like a direct attack/reference to OCASM's opinion and like you're making fun of what this thread has become. Not in a bad way, per se. I found it quite funny, in fact. :LOL:

yes i was partly joking about that, and the funny thing is that we"re both right ! :LOL:
i respect his opinion but sometimes he can sound like nobody should like this remake.

His reply was downplaying and ignoring the argument that a game has to be felt to understand the whole vision. He counters with video.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The whole discussion is about the visual aesthetics. I don't know why you tried to make it about gameplay. Then again BP made changes to the controls...

yes i was partly joking about that, and the funny thing is that we"re both right ! :LOL:
i respect his opinion but sometimes he can sound like nobody should like this remake.
Nah, I have no problem with people liking this. It's actually other people who have a problem with me disliking it and keep making all kinds rationalizations to justify the aesthetic changes/failings instead of simply acknowledging them and moving on.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for your comparison, having to use the worst possible screenshot from the original game, running on an emulator with post-processing effects disabled, just says it all, doesn't it?

It is supposed to be the PS3 version... maybe this one is better :

SotC_21.jpg

There's no contradiction. What I said is that the game has both a realistic core and some surrealist elements. It's not one or the other.

Yes there is a contradiction, because everything looks more realistic in the remake... once again, the pictures i posted speak for themselves.

Give me one element that look more realistic in the PS2 version aside some rare animations ?

Compare it to the picture of the real cliff you posted.

Indeed, the completely flat rocks in the original game look so much more real than this :

FYxUG0O.png

summit.county.cliff.jumping.site.jpg

The whole discussion is about the visual aesthetics. I don't know why you tried to make it about gameplay.

Because the thread is about the game, not just the visuals. Besides, I already gave my opinion of the visuals.

Just had an hour of playthrough and dear lord does it look amazing! Everything comes together so well such as the volumetric lighting, fog, rock formation modelling, high res textures, the colossis themselves and the foliage all rendered with vast draw distance it's simply breathtaking. The HDR looks fantastic too, coupled with vivid filter it almost gives you that The Lord of The Rings feel. The art direction in the game is such a bliss, so far I've slayed one Colossi and if the quality keeps up for the rest of the game it's gonna be one of the my all time favorite for sure.

It is supposed to be the PS3 version... maybe this one is better :

SotC_21.jpg

Yes there is a contradiction, because everything looks more realistic in the remake... once again, the pictures i posted speak for themselves.

Give me one element that look more realistic in the PS2 version aside some rare animations ?

Indeed, the completely flat rocks in the original game look so much more real than this :

FYxUG0O.png

summit.county.cliff.jumping.site.jpg
Since you continue to ignore my arguments I'll simply ignore you :)

Because the thread is about the game, not just the visuals. Besides, I already gave my opinion of the visuals.
https://forum.beyond3d.com/goto/post?id=2020899#post-2020899

I didn't say the thread, I said the discussion.

Since you continue to ignore my arguments I'll simply ignore you

Well, english isn't my native language. So if true, it's not voluntary.

But this discussion needed to stop anyway (same thing repeated over and over by me and you).

Back