AMD Vega Hardware Reviews

HEXUS reviews the Sapphire Radeon RX Vega Nitro+

It seems they think it's a good card held back by middling performance, a high price and *ahem* high power consumption.

Well, nothing new there, really... :p Also, it seems, from what Gamers Nexus and perhaps others have found, that some 3rd party Vegas apparently have clocking anomalies with some driver versions; if the same is true for the Nitro+ it might help explain why it barely differs performance-wise from the reference design cards.

HEXUS reviews the Sapphire Radeon RX Vega Nitro+

It seems they think it's a good card held back by middling performance, a high price and *ahem* high power consumption.

Well, nothing new there, really... :p Also, it seems, from what Gamers Nexus and perhaps others have found, that some 3rd party Vegas apparently have clocking anomalies with some driver versions; if the same is true for the Nitro+ it might help explain why it barely differs performance-wise from the reference design cards.
Maybe the weird driver issues is why it took so long to get custom cards out.

Well, not entirely AMDs fault with miners paying up to 600 EUR on ebay for used Vega 56s. Thank the Monero/XMR hype, where Vega really shines.

Well, not entirely AMDs fault with miners paying up to 600 EUR on ebay for used Vega 56s. Thank the Monero/XMR hype, where Vega really shines.
Little disappointing you still need to run block chain to get 2kh/s im sitting @ 1.4 on 150watts 66c GPU temp, 77hbm temp on 17.12.1. I bought my card for gaming if i get anything else out if it thats a bonus , so i wont be running blockchain driver.

At current price/difficulty i'll get my card cost (630 AUD) back in about 3 weeks....lol , 200watts 24/7 costs me ~$30 a month. so hopfully xmr can hold its price .....

Last edited:
Are any of these custom Vega's available for purchase right now?
There were a few ASUS Strix:es available at some internet dealers when I checked last week. Of course, they cost almost SKR8000 (~€800/~US$940) apiece, so...

Eh, no, they're gone now. But there's a smattering of reference design blower and watercooled cards available here and there. The blower version ALSO costs SKR8000... /facepalm :LOL:

Well, not entirely AMDs fault with miners paying up to 600 EUR on ebay for used Vega 56s.
200watts 24/7 costs me ~$30 a month. so hopfully xmr can hold its price .....
You're part of the problem, not the solution, Damnation... ;)

My Vegas are still in Denmark, but at least they're moving now. Delivery tomorrow hopefully! That'll be an early christmas... :D

I started mining this weekend because the house was cold as hell and the AC in my office room died.
At least it's paying for the heating in the house now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yesterday the temps went up so I turned it off, but I guess I might mine during most of the Winter. It's free/paid heating, so why not?

To be honest I fold@home cpu+gpu to heat my "pc room" too :D
When temps fall below zero (on the real temp scale I mean, not the one that doesn't make sense) for a few days, my apartment gets uncomfortably chilly around floor level since I have unheated storage rooms on the ground floor right below me. Folding helps quite a bit with that... :D

When temps fall below zero (on the real temp scale I mean, not the one that doesn't make sense) for a few days, my apartment gets uncomfortably chilly around floor level since I have unheated storage rooms on the ground floor right below me. Folding helps quite a bit with that... :D
It never ceases to surprise me what kind of "houses" with no insulation to speak of are acceptable and even standard in many parts of the world. If it's cold inside when there's -30-40C outside, there's something wrong with your house. If it's cold inside when it gets barely below zero you should check if you in fact have walls and such instead of just imaginary house.

Back