Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Funnily enough, today I re-watched Death Stranding trailer [with Del Toro and Mikelsen] for the first time on my new 4K TV. End damn, both the messed up environment, lighting, particle effects and characters look pristine.

A friend lent me the retail copy of the game.

After I finished it a week ago, I immediately purchased the Frozen Wilds DLC because I just couldn't get enough of the game yet.

And I don't say this to criticize the base game. There's plenty of content in that game to call it a proper full-price experience.
I just wanted more of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to praise one particular part of the game - character clothing tech. Yes it's detailed, yes they wear a lot of trinkets, but what I was impressed to see was that the suits were no stretching and morphing in a weird way like we saw in hundreds of older games [even Witcher 3, where parts of metal armor on neck/shoulder area can twist and stretch like they are part of the skin]. In Horizon, clothes are separate layer on top of the character bodies, and clothing items move realistically.

That was one of my pet peeves with game characters for decade, I'm glad we are finally getting it fixed.

Now, if someone would start fixing the "breathing" issue that still bothers me [animators are not placing a lot attention on modelling breathing [chest & belly area], even with full mocap sessions almost all the attention is placed on recording faces].

Last edited:
Back