PUBG - PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds [XO, PS4]

So much going on in the gaming world. Which doors are open and which aren’t etc. Not sure how stressful it is on the CPU. But there are like 6-7 doors per building sometimes way more. And there are a LOT of buildings. Haven’t touched inventory or cars or gas in cars on around the world. TBH I’m not really sure what causes the hiccups.

Early access means nothing. This game has been released to retail. It's not F2P.
I guess the argument is that this game is "incomplete" in both content and performance. Though it definitely raises a question of what is the difference between this and any other normal game that releases for $30 and has patches/dlc...

Early access means nothing. This game has been released to retail. It's not F2P.

I'm not a big fan of the model of paying for a beta, which is basically what this is. At the same time, I'm not surprised it has performance problem, based on my experience with UE4, the size of the developer and the history of performance on the pc. Hopefully they can rapidly make improvements.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1532-pubg-cpu-benchmarks/

Last edited:
its also $26 dollars.
It's labelled as early access, meaning it's incomplete and has issues. It's also significantly cheaper to buy into the game while it's in early access before the game is '1.0'. I don't get what the issue is. You are paying a cheaper rate for an incomplete product.

framerate issue, well I'ld say turn down the graphic settings, but from looking at the video's of actual gameplay they have :runaway:, it looks like a previous gen title
Is it OK releasing a title that looks this bad in 2017?, sure gameplay over graphics but man take some pride in your work

its also $26 dollars.
It's labelled as early access, meaning it's incomplete and has issues. It's also significantly cheaper to buy into the game while it's in early access before the game is '1.0'. I don't get what the issue is. You are paying a cheaper rate for an incomplete product.

No, you are paying full price for a game that is somewhere between a full $60 AAA title and a small indie. The price is never going up...

That being said the game runs like crap on PCs, so it's no surprise it run poorly on a consoles. They are too busy spending money on hookers and blow to improve their game I guess. Reminds me of Ark.

It has issues but I think this is a bit of an exaggeration..
Yes issues are always terrible but this looks like an amateruish bad mod from yesteryear. This is a big title for MS perhaps their biggest of the year, why not get them to pay for 20 extra decent ppl free of charge to help out on it.

No, you are paying full price for a game that is somewhere between a full $60 AAA title and a small indie. The price is never going up...

That being said the game runs like crap on PCs, so it's no surprise it run poorly on a consoles. They are too busy spending money on hookers and blow to improve their game I guess. Reminds me of Ark.
That's an interesting POV on the price point. I think it has to come out of early access eventually. Otherwise it's never coming to playstation. The early access is exclusive to MS.

there's only so many developers available in the world. It's not like there is unlimited talent waiting around to be hired.

It has issues but I think this is a bit of an exaggeration..

So drops to 10-20 fps in a competitive shooter is OK in 2017? The game is a muddy mess. They have sold millions of copies of "early access" copies but can't pay someone to port the game to a functional engine? Meanwhile Fortnite is 60fps on the X?

So drops to 10-20 fps in a competitive shooter is OK in 2017? The game is a muddy mess. They have sold millions of copies of "early access" copies but can't pay someone to port the game to a functional engine? Meanwhile Fortnite is 60fps on the X?
significantly smaller map as well. PUBG is probably 2-3x map size. Has vehicles, and signficantly more complex buildings.
not saying this makes PUBG more superior, but it's clear epic knew what the engine could and could not handle.

Blue hole still seems to be figuring this part out.

They shoudl imo, make an all new engine and start from scratch. It's not actually clear if they can pull this off in UE without significantly capital invested in customizing the engine (in which they previously paid Epic to do, and after delivering they turned around and used that tech for Fortnite BR)

The biggest drops seem to be either before you even land or are driving a vehicle not while on foot in combat. Also "competitive shooter" alone isn't whats important when it comes to FPS for shooters. This isn't a twitch shooter, it's the complete opposite.

I mean I'm not saying the game perf is great but I think you are being a bit hyperbolic considering it's being launched through an "Early Access" program.

Yes issues are always terrible but this looks like an amateruish bad mod from yesteryear. This is a big title for MS perhaps their biggest of the year, why not get them to pay for 20 extra decent ppl free of charge to help out on it.

I guess this is the difference in expectation vs console and pc. The game has become the biggest pc game, actually a huge game, while looking a bit like turds and performing poorly and having many bugs and glitches.

Player Unknown is a modder, probably not the greatest programmer/developer around. But they have the gameplay right, which is what's carrying the game. People do complain about a lot of things on PC, like the graphics and performance, but they play it and like it.

I'm not sure how competent Bluenote is, or how big the team on the game really is.

significantly smaller map as well. PUBG is probably 2-3x map size. Has vehicles, and signficantly more complex buildings.
not saying this makes PUBG more superior, but it's clear epic knew what the engine could and could not handle.

Blue hole still seems to be figuring this part out.

They shoudl imo, make an all new engine and start from scratch. It's not actually clear if they can pull this off in UE without significantly capital invested in customizing the engine (in which they previously paid Epic to do, and after delivering they turned around and used that tech for Fortnite BR)

I doubt they can roll their own, but it's pretty clear UE is not suited for this type of game. Starting over with a new engine would be a disaster. What they need is good people that can customize the engine, because it is very good for customization. I'm sure the money they're earning may lead to bringing in some people to help in that regard.

I think it becomes a 1.0 release on PC in March, or something like that, but the console version is supposedly relatively equal to the June version of the PC game. It's quite a ways behind.

Is it free? No? Slapping early access on a retail product is now a good excuse for shipping crap I guess. Twitch or not, these games rely on quick aiming and response to enemy fire. If the game drops to 15 fps on your end you are as good as dead. The PC people get it, the low end people get their ass kicked by the people with better PCs. I guess it is XB vs XBX, so only two groups instead of a continuum.

Is it free? No? Slapping early access on a retail product is now a good excuse for shipping crap I guess. Twitch or not, these games rely on quick aiming and response to enemy fire. If the game drops to 15 fps on your end you are as good as dead. The PC people get it, the low end people get their ass kicked by the people with better PCs. I guess it is XB vs XBX, so only two groups instead of a continuum.
Early Access is another way of funding games that likely will not get funded by larger publishers.

After all the scrutiny of Lootboxes and all the big calls for finding other ways to fund games, I didn’t expect people to attack early access.

@DrJay24

If you watch videos of the play, I have yet to ever see the game turn in such low FPS once you're actually able to begin killing. Can you point to any video where there is killing when the gamers only have 15fps? The only time I have seen it hitting those low fps is when you're still in the lobby and dropping onto the battlefield. Once you're there and most others are as well the FPS shoots up to the 30 fps cap.

Back