The Kingdom of the Random

eloic

Veteran
Don't you just want to post random thoughts/questions which don't belong with any existing thread? Are you lazy or think that what you want to post doesn't deserve the opening of a whole new thread?

This is your place. This is our Kingdom. :)

Two days ago I was driving in road in the mountains. It was on the hillside, so I could see the sea below. I watched it and it had a weird effect in my eyes and I thought "ugh, texture pattern". Just like when you can see a repeated pattern in the ocean waves in most videogames. XD It was really the first thing that came to my mind, after telling myself that that was real life, not a videogame.

There used to be a blog were they'd periodically post real world fenomena that looked like real time tendering artifects. I wish I could recall it...

Cute doggies, but anyone who amputates the tail off a dog for cosmetic reasons should be beaten into a smear on the floor, seriously. (Speaking in general; I'm just assuming that's what happened here, maybe there's a legit reason for the pup being tail-less.)

Btw, whattaheck is gifv? :p

More of a test if the media plugin can handle GIFV ...

Well, that's a supercute test!!

Cute doggies, but anyone who amputates the tail off a dog for cosmetic reasons should be beaten into a smear on the floor, seriously.
True. I don't think people are truly aware of this.

Btw, whattaheck is gifv? :p
A new GIF format created by Imgur, as I just saw. Better quality, less size and more compatible to share at certain places, such as Facebook (I didn't know that it wasn't possible to share animated GIFs there).

I don't think people are truly aware of this.
In Sweden, tail amputation has been illegal for like...20 years. Maybe longer. Quite a while anyway. I saw a young doggy with its tail cut a few years ago or so, but that was the first in I don't remember how long. Long enough that all the dogs from pre-ban days have died by now; it's really rare that these dogs pop up I'd say.

A new GIF format created by Imgur, as I just saw.
Hm, weird. We have motion jpeg since the 1990s, and there's animated PNG (which only Safari supports amongst browsers IIRC), Apple has their 'live photos', and now there's something new? Whoah. The times we live in... :p

In Sweden, tail amputation has been illegal for like...20 years. Maybe longer. Quite a while anyway. I saw a young doggy with its tail cut a few years ago or so, but that was the first in I don't remember how long. Long enough that all the dogs from pre-ban days have died by now; it's really rare that these dogs pop up I'd say.
I'm glad things are like that in Sweden. In other countries it's still a normal thing; people usually don't even think about it, only when somebody says that's cruel they go like "oh, you're right, I've never thought of it!". Fortunately, this issue has ascended to public awareness worldwide, so I hope it won't be normal any more, anywhere. :)

Hm, weird. We have motion jpeg since the 1990s, and there's animated PNG (which only Safari supports amongst browsers IIRC), Apple has their 'live photos', and now there's something new? Whoah. The times we live in... :p
"Hey, we came up with a cool idea! :cool:". Something like that, I guess... Maybe someone with a better knowledge on this could explain it better.

---------------------
I'm thinking about the title of this thread. It wanted it to sound good, but I'm not so sure... :nope:If I said "randomness", it wouldn't rhyme. What do you prefer, the current title or "(the) Kingdom of Randomness"? Any suggestions?

In no impression assistance contrasted. Manners she wishing justice hastily new anxious. At discovery discourse departure objection it. Few extensive add delighted tolerably sincerity her. Law ought us least enjoy decay one quick court. Expect warmly its tended garden him esteem had remove off. Effects dearest staying now sixteen nor improve.

Your it to gave life whom as. Favourable dissimilar resolution led for and had. Play much to time four many. Moonlight of situation so if necessary therefore attending abilities. Calling looking enquire up me to in removal. Park fat she nor does play deal our. Procured sex material his offering humanity laughing moderate can. Unreserved had she nay dissimilar admiration interested. Departure performed exquisite rapturous so ye me resources. Randomly.

Is that an attempt at poetry or fiction written by an AI, or just a fairly drunk person with limited English skills? :p

That's a great impersonation of bot generated forum spam!

On another random note, I got an email from Newegg this morning that as of today they will be charged sales tax to Pennsylvania residents. No idea if it's due to some legislation change or heat brought up by the cases against them recently.

On another random note
...DON'T microwave fish burgers. Your microwave oven smells like fuckin ASS afterwards, for days!

Did the thing with boiling vinegar and water in it to purge the smell, and god dammit... Jesus, the stench, it filled my whole place. Went out for a couple hours, and there was still a lingering tone of vinegar and maybe fish too I'm not entirely sure when I got back home again.

lol sounds terrible.

I microwave very little nowadays, I just really dislike the taste and texture. I tend to wait the 30-40 minutes for something to be done in the oven instead. I work from home though so I have the luxury of not being restricted to a workplace kitchen for lunches.

...DON'T microwave fish burgers. Your microwave oven smells like fuckin ASS afterwards, for days!

Did the thing with boiling vinegar and water in it to purge the smell, and god dammit... Jesus, the stench, it filled my whole place. Went out for a couple hours, and there was still a lingering tone of vinegar and maybe fish too I'm not entirely sure when I got back home again.
Ew! You make it sound way worse than what it probably was, haha!

Back