Advice on FreeSync 4K Monitor Purchase *spawn*

even gets worse than that sometimes the lines go completely black so you can't see anything, like lterally 1/2 the screen is black.
If a monitor works for 10 years that's good mileage though. I once used a Sony Trinitron TV as monitor (and TV) for nearly 20 years. It still worked, but the front panel buttons failed; the entire set of channel/AV switching buttons popped inside the chassis. Plus the PQ was awful by then, the entire color spectrum was strongly migrating towards red... :p Also, a 14" CRT (which is more like 12" effectively) wasn't so hot in 2005, so I put it out to pasture/of its misery...

Im not moaning its been a great monitor that has served me well (far better than my 4k monitor which has been a great disappointment, though that is more to do with win10 and it not actually supporting hi dpi fully), like you say 10 years aint something to bitch about. The funny thing is after about 2-3 hours it seems OK, no more lines, its warmed up. Now this was always the case back in the day with tubes and CRTs but surely this shouldnt matter with LCDs, it shouldnt need to warm up

Probably some caps somewhere starting to go bad... They seem to be the type of electronics components that handle aging (and heat!) the worst.

Link worked for me, but they call it "Dell HDR" and says to see details below. but don't ever explicitly say what "Dell HDR" is.

Brightness
350 cd/m² (typical)
Contrast Ratio
1300 to 1 (typical)

Attachments

• dell-monitor-u2718q-pdp.png
    dell-monitor-u2718q-pdp.png
    339.2 KB · Views: 2
It's some fake bullshit I assume; if they don't specify what HDR standard the monitor supports it's because it supports none, and they can't say it does or get nailed for false advertising. :p

I ended up with the monoprice 32 inch for $380 black friday with free shipping. I am super happy with it and it seems that the hdr actually works as putting it by my friends sony quantum dot tv it seems to be able to display similar colors and if i shut hdr off on my monitor it then looks diffrent than his tv and vice versa. So i dunno.

Anyway damn Gears 4 , Doom and Cuphead look amazing. I am so glad i grabed this as it a huge step up from my 24 inch screens

it a huge step up from my 24 inch screens
I used to have 24", then I bought 27", and never I go back down again. Never. 30+ though, I dunno because it takes up so much deskspace and I don't have too much of that.

I'd rather not, but for 4k rez I might have to, due to shitty windows and bad high-DPI implementation, I'll get super tiny fonts everywhere no doubt. :p

I used to have 24", then I bought 27", and never I go back down again. Never. 30+ though, I dunno because it takes up so much deskspace and I don't have too much of that.

I'd rather not, but for 4k rez I might have to, due to shitty windows and bad high-DPI implementation, I'll get super tiny fonts everywhere no doubt. :p
Its not to bad desk space wise. I have to get a monitor arm for it but I'm pretty happy

@eastmen Thinking of getting an arm myself actually. It does reduce clutter a whole lot, and fitting several screens is like, 1000% easier. :p

@eastmen Thinking of getting an arm myself actually. It does reduce clutter a whole lot, and fitting several screens is like, 1000% easier. :p
yea my 24 inchers are on arms , I am going to rotate them into portrait mode and then keep the 32 inch n the center. I think i need a 40 inch however for the 24s to line up perfect to them. Would be cool to have enough power to be able to run a 4k and 2 side 1080p screens for eyefinity tho

Dont you mean it would be hot, like 1200 Watts hot? :LOL:

Back